Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 3:10 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 01 The Desert Rose (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
01 The Desert Rose
Fran Date: Wednesday, 28-Aug-13, 0:01 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.01 The Desert Rose - Press Release

JANE AND LISBON SECRETLY CONTINUE THEIR DANGEROUS MISSION TO NARROW DOWN THE LIST OF SEVEN RED JOHN SUSPECTS, ON THE SIXTH SEASON PREMIERE OF “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, SEPT. 29

“The Desert Rose” — Jane and Lisbon secretly continue their dangerous mission to narrow down the list of seven Red John suspects as they investigate the murder of a man who was missing for two years, on the sixth season premiere of THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Sept. 29 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Michael Gaston returns as CBI Director Gale Bertram. Josie Davis guest stars as Sonya, a waitress at a truck stop, and Lauren Stamile (“Grey’s Anatomy”) guest stars as Madison Yardley, the murder victim’s wife.
The seven Red John suspects are: Bret Stiles, Gale Bertram, Ray Haffner, Reede Smith, Robert Kirkland, Sheriff Thomas McCallister and Brett Partridge.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Michael Gaston (Gale Bertram)
Jack Plotnick (Brett Partridge)
Josie Davis (Sonya)
Hugo Armstrong (Mac the Cook)
Marcus DeAnda (Hector)
Lauren Stamile (Madison Yardley)
Trent Ford (Gavin Yardley)
Guri Weinberg (Arek Green)
Mitch Ryan (Cody Benbow)
Andi Carnick (Sac PD Sergeant)
John Troy Donovan (CBI Ron)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producer and Series Creator Bruno Heller
DIRECTED BY: Chris Long

June Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 2:17 AM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Insider's blog: The Desert Rose written by Bruno Heller.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001298/

Thanks to you, Bruno. I can't wait!!!

Insider's Blog: The Desert Rose, Posted on Sep 26, 2013 03:30pm
Season 6 Episode 1: "The Desert Rose"

Let me start by saying thank you to all of our fans who are a large part of why we’ve made it to Season 6. And this season will definitely be the most exciting thus far for you, as we wrap up the Red John storyline. You’ll definitely want to tune in because we’re bringing out all the bells and whistles for the final hunt of Red John.

This first episode of this season was exciting to write and shoot mainly because we were able to move the story along in a concrete way. This episode is also the beginning of the end of the Red John story, which will play out in a series of fast-paced, nail-biting episodes. The end of the Red John story made writing and shooting this episode that much more exhilarating because we are able to connect each episode as if it were a giant jigsaw puzzle. Every episode from here on is particularly important to piecing this puzzle together – so you won’t want to miss any of them. Episodes this season are built on each other, each with an exciting cliffhanger. Stories are moving at a faster pace as the search for Red John heats up. Normally the timeline between episodes can be several weeks to months, but in these early episodes, the timeline is cut down to only a couple weeks. Drama and emotions will be running at a fever pitch.

For the season premiere, we took a field trip to The Salton Sea, a remote lake surrounded by desert in California, to shoot the out of town case. The Salton Sea, for those who’ve never been, is brutally hot with flies everywhere… far away from the glam and glitz in Hollywood. You can usually find us shooting in the pristine environment of the Warner Brothers lot, here in beautiful downtown Burbank. Needless to say, this was a very exhausting shooting day for the entire cast and crew. But, as you’ll see, the finished product was well worth the sweat and tears!

Each cast member is especially enthusiastic for this season, and all have challenging and interesting scenes and stories to develop. From the episodes we’ve shot so far, I can tell you this, all the actors are giving some of their best performances of the series to date.

Written By: Bruno Heller

Peithon Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 5:15 AM | Message # 3
Rip Snorter

Good episode, a lot like the season two opener, I see Bruno did 'dispose' of who I thought he would first, Nice shock ending - clowns anyone? Back to the carnival again...

Flip Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 5:35 AM | Message # 4
Jillaroo

Creepy! I suspected that was the one that would be done away with first, but I actually felt sorry for him. He wound up
, but harmless after all.

Mcbabsi Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 9:20 AM | Message # 5
Jillaroo

I liked the episode - however, I have so many questions:
[/spoiler] I thought it was strange seeing Patrick so confused, for the first time he really doesn't seem to have a clue-or is he just pretending in front of Lisbon? Does he regret telling her about the list, or did he know all along she would tell everybody? AND as for Lisbon, I think she is acting strange as well- first she tells Grace about the list (although she knew that Jane wanted to keep it secret) - then she walks into that deserted house on her own - IS THAT something she would normally do? And someone must have "cancelled" her call for backup - Grace, maybe?[spoiler]

Evy Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 10:24 AM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

Disappointing episode !! cry Maybe I would be the only one to think of it (I take the risk)
Lisbon gives the list to Grace. Who gives to Rigsby, who gives to Cho.... so predictable !!!
As I've already said in the forum : If you share a secret, it's not a secret anymore !
And Lisbon who wants to solve alone without waiting the reinforcement. She knew that RJ also watched phone calls. She jumps into the lion's den and she fell into the trap !!
The threads of the story are a little bit big.
The only one thing we didn't know : who would die ??

Bruno had accustomed us in better, I think

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 30-Sep-13, 9:24 PM

bee Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 12:12 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Great season premiere, Bruno didn't disappoint. Although Jane said he wasn't "freaked out" by RJ's knowledge of his final 7 suspects he was a little stressed, he wouldn't speak to the woman police officer at the scene of the baseball player's house and then accused her of staring at him. Strange! In the previous episode Jane was worried about Lisbon acting differently towards the seven suspects but Jane acted weird when coming face to face with Partridge in the desert. I think this is why Lisbon didn't want to leave him alone at the diner. Bertram's outburst accusing Lisbon of being irresponsible was nothing new where Jane was concerned but when he said "I am many things to many people" I was a little suspicious. Wasn't "he is man...." (meaning "he is many") written on the wall above Jared Renfrew's body in the "Red John's Friends" episode and didn't Timothy Carter say "he has many names" in "Strawberries and Cream"...coincidence or am I just being paranoid? Probably!

Lisbon believing that Jane was at a loss as to how to proceed finally took the initiative and told Jane that she was the boss and would do things her way. However, I didn't like the way she did it, telling Grace to bug the phones behind his back. He had finally trusted Lisbon with his knowledge of the seven suspects and she abused that trust. It was obvious that Grace would tell Rigsby and that he would tell Cho.

Jane solving the cold case was inventive as always although I had an idea who the murderer was. Jane phoning Lisbon and leaving the message saying that he was "sorry we argued" was heartbraking and surprising also....he rarely apologises for anything! I thought Lisbon entering the deserted building was a little foolhardy, why did she not wait for back-up? However the scene was tense and full of suspense (I was on the edge of my seat!). Finding the body of........was also a total surprise. Why was he there and why did RJ kill him? More questions! The ending was really creepy and Jane's face when he heard RJ's voice on the phone was telling. His worst nightmare had come true!

Kudos to Bruno and also to Simon and Robin for their amazing performances. An emotional episode and can't wait for next week!

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 12:21 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

I have to say I LOVED the episode, they kept the tension up the whole time.

Good to see that despite his protestations, Jane was certainly off his game at the first crime scene...you could see he was doing it by rote....but he forgot the other gun....he looked quite shocked when the guy shot the policeman.

I am quite cross at Lisbon for sharing with Grace, but it made me smile that Jane worked out exactly how they all knew, and when he ran after Lisbon....he didn't really want her to go alone.

I am still not convinced that it is all over with the first suspect......I have my theory.

Fran Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 12:42 PM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

With all the hype of a Season Premiere, expectations can be very high and I guess inevitably some people will feel a sense of anti-climax and be disappointed with the episode. However, that didn't happen for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it (watched it twice), loved the cliff-hanger ending, and particularly enjoyed the Jane/Lisbon scenes and also the first murder case which reminded me of the Pilot. One of the reasons I love this show is the humour, and I think its brilliant the way they manage to combine humour with the darkness, drama and suspense.

Like Mossibecca, I'm an Agatha Christie reader, so as I think I've mentioned before, my theory has been that RJ would fake his own death in Episode 1 so that it appears he's ruled out as a suspect. I noticed that although there was a lot of blood, we didn't actually see a wound, so I'm now waiting with bated breath for next week, to see if Partridge's body has disappeared.

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 1:04 PM | Message # 10
Surfie

I enjoyed the episodes very much and think that it is totally funny now everyone in the team know about the list! I especially love Rigsby's excuses! Since Jane has been working alone to catch RJ without success for so many years, why not try the team power?

The ending was so spooky. Lisbon did wait for backup but when she realized they aren't coming and she heard commotion inside the house, thst is when she dicided to go in to investigate.

I'm totally with Mossibecca and Fran on the theory of RJ fake his own death.

Can't wait for next episode.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 5:18 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

Great episode. glad to be back on RJ track. Hated the fight between Lisbon and Jane and appreciated that it was Jane who retracted and was sorry. However, since all the cells where on GPS tracking, where was RJ's phone, did he leave it at home or??? Partridge's showing up at the call for help and Lisbon going in without backup, a bit odd for an experienced agent., Bruno said there would be no cliff hangers but he did leave us wondering. Also, Partridge uttering "Tiger Tiger" on his final breath, maybe all 7 are RJ. Good acting, nice to see the team at work. Murder (s) of the week, so-so.

June Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 7:46 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

I have watched the episode only once, I need once more. But I'm with the people who say that Brett Partridge's death is fake. I'm still thinking he's Red John.

Raven Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 8:09 PM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

Quote (sylvia5993)
Lisbon going in without backup, a bit odd for an experienced agent

My thoughts

As PJaneloke already said, she did wait for backup but they didn't show up. Maybe they were still mad at her and Jane because of the wounded/shooted SacPD officer.
Lisbon is a cop, it's her duty to help people when they are in danger. That's what she thought when she heard the noise inside the house. Her team miles away on a case and no SacPD within sight she did the right thing rather than wait hours (we don't know how long she already waited).

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 8:23 PM | Message # 14
True Blue

Okay, I can breathe again by now.
The way it started reminded me a lot of the first season´s premiere with the first case of the week ending with someone shot already in the teaser.
The ending was just breathtaking.

Well, The Mentalist ‏@Mentalist_CBS tweeted:

The list of Red John suspects is down to 6.

can we even trust them? Is Partridge really dead?

Bruno said, there is a cryptic clue in the last sequence.
I saw: Lisbon with a gun and light. Birds/doves. Lisbon´s shoes. A mirror. Partridge. The basin. The knife. The drawn clown face on Lisbon´s face.
I heard: Partridge´s "Tyger, tyger". RJ saying "Theresa couldn´t come to the phone right know, do you wish to leave a message? No? I´ll tell her you called..."

But inbetween scene I noticed, when Jane asked Ron if he saw Lisbon and he answered no, he didn´t, Ron had his phone on, leaves - next moment Jane´s phone will be ringing, RJ telling him "Theresa couldn´t come to the phone right know..." coincidence? Everybody has his phone on all the time, I know, but...

Ivana Date: Monday, 30-Sep-13, 10:41 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Good episode with lot of promise for the season, but too much spoilers did spoil a little bit of fun. Simon managed to add even more layers to Patrick, some new expressions and feelings, and he is looking great in pants and vest smile

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 01 The Desert Rose (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz