Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 04 Red Listed
04 Red Listed
PJaneloke Date: Thursday, 24-Oct-13, 7:45 PM | Message # 31
Surfie

Just to give my two cents about why PJ was not afraid when captured. I think PJ recognized Kirkland as a kindle soul. So he is rather sure that Kirkland will not hurt him. That is why he followed Kirkland into his car without much hesitation and he is. to really afraid.

But Pj didn't take into consideration that Kirkland will torture Haibach instead.

Mcbabsi Date: Friday, 25-Oct-13, 11:18 AM | Message # 32
Jillaroo

I would rather say that his desire to finally "know" was overwhelming (always is) and stronger than any fear he might have had. Thats why he was uneasy, but not really afraid...

Nat Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:27 PM | Message # 33
Blow-In

I rlt liked this episode
twas cool to have hightower back

kirkland was a good candidate to be RJ ...but...

Fran Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:27 PM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

cbs Insider's Blog: Red Listed

And then there were five.

Episode 604 (“Red Listed”) ends with the demise of mysterious Homeland Security Agent Robert Kirkland. It also answers several lingering questions about Kirkland: Why did he kill Jason Lennon (ep 518)? Why did he break into Jane’s office (ep 519)? And finally, why was he in the limousine (ep 506)?

“Red Listed” differs from a typical Mentalist episode in that it doesn’t have what we (somewhat callously) refer to as a “murder of the week.” Those episodes have a structure and a rhythm that, although certainly not easy to write, are at least familiar to me. But for “Red Listed,” I was tasked with writing a purely serialized episode, a link in the Red John chain. In many ways it was like writing a different show. Although challenging, it was also super exciting (and something of an honor) to contribute to the Red John mythology and bring the show one step closer to the final reveal.

Because the episode picks up so many threads from seasons past, the cast of characters were almost entirely returnees – we didn’t need a single casting session. As a result, the episode plays like a greatest hits album – nothing but the best! From the reappearance of creepy Richard Haibach (played by William Mapother) to the powerful return of Madeleine Hightower (Aunjanue Ellis), it was a delight to see these familiar and talented faces. In particular, Kevin Corrigan gave a big, juicy, delicious performance as Agent Kirkland, and the seemingly dense FBI Agent Reede Smith is revealed to be a cold-hearted killer in a chilling performance by Drew Powell. Watch him closely.

On a personal note, I am particularly fond of this episode because the first day of shooting marked the start of my maternity leave, and the last day of shooting, September 3rd, corresponded with the birth of my daughter. Because I was on leave, my fellow writers took turns watching set for me while I stayed at home and ate bon-bons (or something like that!). Being something of a control freak, it was difficult to sit back and let everyone else do the work… but the upside was that I was able to watch the first cut of the episode with “fresh eyes.” I was delighted (but not surprised) to see that veteran Mentalist director Eric Laneuville did an amazing job as always.

Okay, baby is crying, gotta go! I hope you enjoyed the episode as much as I did.

Written by: Story Editor Rebecca Cutter
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001411/

June Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:27 PM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

According to Rebecca this episode answers why Kirkland killed Jason Lennon. Could anyone tell me how, please?

Message edited by June - Thursday, 24-Oct-13, 12:35 PM

justlook3 Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:27 PM | Message # 36
Bee's Knees

Basically Kirkland was killing anyone associated with Red John. He was willing to kill everyone on the fake list and everyone on the real list to get to Red John. His twin brother was a RJ disciple & I'm guessing that they were identical twins which is why he asked Lennon if Lennon recognized him. He probably was looking for info on his brother but Lennon didn't know him.

June Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:28 PM | Message # 37
Bee's Knees

Thanks Justlook, but it's not clear for me. If Kirkland was looking for Red John, why kill someone who worked for him and could give him information. He asked Lennon nothing, except if he recognized him. Maybe, he thought in his own revenge and killed Lennon to avoid that Jane had more information than him.

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:28 PM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

Quote June ()
Thanks Justlook, but it's not clear for me. If Kirkland was looking for Red John, why kill someone who worked for him and could give him information. He asked Lennon nothing, except if he recognized him. Maybe, he thought in his own revenge and killed Lennon to avoid that Jane had more information than him.

If Lennon did not recognized Kirkland, it means he'd never met his twin, so couldn't give much information about the fate of his brother, OK.
But does Kirkland know that Red John disciples never spill any beans about RJ and all end up killing themselves rather than confessing? Probably yes, after Rebecca arrest and her death in the CBI basement.
But however, as you, I wonder: why not asking a few more questions? I know he didn't have much time at the hospital, surely he thought Jane was coming, so he decided to kill a potential witness so that Jane can't have any chance to progress.
Torturing Marx gave nothing. He killed him eventually, as he would have tortured Haibach to death to get information from Jane (furthermore, having learned he was not a RJ accomplice, he was useless and a embarrassing witness).
It's reasonable to think he would have killed Jane too at the end, the CBI consultant confessing or not.

Re-watching the scene, particularly when Kirkland talks about his childhood while Jane encourages him to speak in a shrink way, well I can see now Jane's freaking out! It's subtle, but look at his eyes going from the tools to Kirkland face to the tools again. He plays it cool but he's a bit "edgy" too!

Evy Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:28 PM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

I also think that Kirkland, at the hospital, would have been able to try to know who is RJ before killing. But effectively maybe he thought of not having time and to kill him was more urgent.
It was fundamental to satisfy his revenge !

June Date: Sunday, 27-Oct-13, 12:28 PM | Message # 40
Bee's Knees

I think we've found the most likely explanation.

angel Date: Friday, 22-Nov-13, 3:24 PM | Message # 41
Cobber

wow what another great episode. From the start Reed was a smug menacing bloke but jane gave as good. The little banter between the two was tense. But the Kirkland man so quiet and timid then when let loose his anger especialy on Haibach and when we find out about his twin brother i really started to feel for him still. Loved how He said jane should work for the FBi and jane quickly from smile to serious ' i don't think so'.

But god the creepiest moment was the scene of Haibach in his little secret kiddy room. OMFG that creeped me out no end.

So loved the scene with jane getting hightower aunt to put the message on computer. Oh he really milked it i began to think he was serious. Priceless scene.

Oh so good to have hightower back. Oh she really cares for jane even though she won't say so.

Then loved rigsby and cho by the pool and their talk about the no sex. So funny. Though grace and the underwear was cute but i just did't think it fit in or was appropriate. The elevater scene was better. Loved how lisbon was on the case to find jane no matter what. Think jane was calm because he must really had faith in lisbon finding him.

But that ending with kirkland of wow what a creep reed is. Tiger Tiger roll on 6.5

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 04 Red Listed
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz