[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 04 Red Listed
04 Red Listed
June Date: Friday, 04-Oct-13, 0:10 AM | Message # 1
Bee's Knees

6.04 Red Listed - Press Release

JANE REVEALS THAT A LIST OF FAKE RED JOHN SUSPECTS HE PLANTED WAS STOLEN, AND THE TEAM REALIZES THESE MEN ARE IN DANGER, ON “THE MENTALIST,” AT A SPECIAL TIME, SUNDAY, OCT. 20
Aunjanue Ellis (“NCIS: Los Angeles”) Returns as Former CBI Director Madeline Hightower

William Mapother (“Lost”) Guest Stars as Richard Haibach, One of the Men On the List

“Red Listed” — Jane reveals that a list of fake Red John suspects he planted was stolen, and the team realizes these men are in danger, on THE MENTALIST, at a special time, Sunday, Oct. 20 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: 7 more #RedJohn suspects? Or are there? What is Jane up to? #TheMentalist Sun 10/20 10:30pm http://bit.ly/173XqZQ

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Kevin Corrigan (Robert Kirkland)
Drew Powell (Reede Smith)
Aunjanue Ellis (Madeline Hightower)
Sloan Robinson (Ruby Hightower)
William Mapother (Richard Haibach)
Tim Sitarz (Rick Dort)
Rolando Boyce (Van Driver)
Jeffrey Cannata (Agent)
Myles Cranford (Janitor)

WRITTEN BY: Rebecca Cutter
DIRECTED BY: Eric Laneuville

Message edited by June - Friday, 04-Oct-13, 0:11 AM

bee Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 11:43 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Another amazing episode with so much going on! Where to start...Jane and Lisbon are called to the scene of the murder of Benjamin Marx, a killer Jane incarcerated in "Red Rover, Red Rover" and Reede Smith suspects Jane of killing him. Jane then confesses to Lisbon that he may have inadvertently been responsible for his death because he was on his fake list of RJ suspects that was stolen from his attic. Suspecting someone in the FBI has been watching Jane he tries to get in touch with Hightower. Having learnt that she and her children have drowned in an accident and becoming suspicious Jane visits Hightower's aunt where he posts a message on a memorial site which is a code for Hightower to get in touch with him. I loved this scene between Jane and the aunt. Jane called in all his conman skills here feigning emotion about her death and convinced the aunt that he had been sweet on Hightower! How does he do it!

Jane consequently meets Hightower and learns she faked her own death after hearing of Lorelei's demise. She tells Jane that the FBI and also Homeland Security have been watching Jane for 8 or 9 years thinking that he may be RJ. Meanwhile Lisbon visits Richard Haibach, another name on the fake list, who refuses protection and is later abducted. Kirkland tortures him and asks him if he recognises him and if he is RJ, to which Haibach replies "No".

The meeting between Kirkland and Reede Smith in the park was intriguing. After Smith informs him of Jane being a suspect in Marx's death Kirkland then mentions Tyger Tyger. Smith feigns ignorance and so Kirkland tells Smith that he believes there to be a corrupt organisation within Californian Law Enforcement. Bad move Bob!

Suspecting Kirkland of stealing the list from the attic Jane then tells Kirkland that the list stolen was a fake. Kirkland abducts Jane and here we learn the mystery of the line "do you recognise me" that Kirkland spoke to Lennon before he killed him and also asked Haibach. Kirkland has a twin brother who became a disciple of RJ and he believes was later killed by RJ. As I suspected a while back Kirkland is on the same revenge path as Jane. He was after RJ because of the death of a family member, ie his twin brother. I felt a little sorry for Kirkland here, he had an abusive father (same as Jane), his mother commited suicide and his twin brother murdered. However his sadistic streak overcame any real pity for him when he cut off Haibach's thumb because Jane wouldn't give him the names on his real list. Having watched in horror Jane gave the name of Don Turtme (Don't hurt me)! Oh Jane! Gotta love you!

Lisbon and Hightower, however, come to Jane's rescue in the nick of time and Kirkland is arrested. Loved the little kiss on the cheek Jane gave Hightower for rescuing him, shame Lisbon has never received the same appreciation having saved him countless times in the past! Just my opinion.

The scene with Kirkland telling Jane to "come and see him sometime" rang alarm bells to me in that he was not going to survive long enough to divulge any information to Jane that he may have, and I was proved right when Smith shot Kirkland while he "attempted" to escape. Again felt sorry for Kirkland here as he knew he was going to die! I've noticed that Jane willingly shakes hands with both McAllister at the end of Wedding in Red and Reede Smith towards the end of this episode even though they are still suspects. Does this seem weird or am I being paranoid here?

A great episode where we have learnt two clues, Tyger Tyger is a password used by members of a corrupt secret law enforcement agency and also Kirkland had a twin brother and that is why he asked the question "Do you recognise me?". Now the question remains, is this corrupt organisation and RJ connected in some way. The plot thickens!! shock

Message edited by bee - Monday, 21-Oct-13, 12:15 PM

Evy Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 12:01 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

In my opinion, this episode confirms that in fact it is a very well structured and hierarchical organization and may be more complicated than we think...
It explains the meeting in Bertram's office with Smith and Mac Allister (Black-Winged Redbird) and how RJ "guessed " PJ's list of suspects (because he is connected with this organization).
This is probably why Bruno Heller said that we would be surprised to discover RJ.

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 21-Oct-13, 2:58 PM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 12:41 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed this one, a good mix of humour and creep.....Bob scores VERY highly on my creepometer!!! cry

The dialogue with Hightower and Jane.....perfect....'I have a gun pointed at somewhere important'.... biggrin

Interesting that Bob's hideout was 'furnished' so very like the Attic...In fact in the promo...I actually thought that Bob had caught Jane up there.

For some reason (Not yet known) Grace gave me the heebie jeebies this time....not the interaction with Rigsby...that was fun(but they can stop that now please) she seemed just ....off.....somehow I think it was when Lisbon asked her to 'ping' Janes phone....she seemed reluctant...of course I may just be a conspiracy nut, and all may be well.....Bruno....you are messing with my head!! wacko

June Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 12:44 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

Yes, there are a lot of clues that show it's an organization. I remember the famous "he is man..." But I really hope Red John is just one person and there is a final confrontation between Jane and him. I would be disappointed if it wasn't.

Mcbabsi Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 1:03 PM | Message # 6
Jillaroo

Well, I think Grace is involved in this "organization" somehow, since the time she showed an interest in Bret Stiles, so I wouldn't be surprised if she still had a connecion to him!

Loved the episode, btw, although I am more confused than ever!

Juney Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 1:45 PM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

I'm glad the Tyger Tyger has some meaning. It seemed to have disappeared after we first heard it way back.

Evy Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 4:55 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Thoughts.............
The death of Kirkland is not very credible : he dies in front of the van.
OK. But :
How the officer should explain why he stopped, how Kirkland managed to get out, why the police officer did not come down from his vehicle and shot from the driver's seat (bullet trajectories) ????

I know thiese are stupids arguments because of the complicity at all levels. But that death could have been better "orchestrated".
His "end" could have been better...

(I hope my explanations are clear !!!)

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 21-Oct-13, 6:09 PM

shoelady Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 5:53 PM | Message # 9
Jillaroo

I too thought that this ending with Kirkland and Smith rang false, but Kirkland had to go so the writers improvise, could have done a better job. Love Hightower, her aiming a gun at Jane, then risking her anonymity by calling Lisbon to save him showed she really did care. We all knew Kirkland had his own agenda, now that is out of the way. We also knew that RJ has a whole community of people who do his bidding and have infiltrated every agencies, so possibly Brett Stiles is behind all the shenanigans. Next week should eliminate another suspect, and maybe I was wrong about Haffner, sine he is prominent in the spoilers. For all his squeamishness Jane didn't seem that scared when faced with torture, I remember when that kid was going to sacrifice him in the final episode of season 2, he was terrified, maybe he is getting used to abuse.

Peithon Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 6:54 PM | Message # 10
Rip Snorter

When forensics is in your pocket no need to worry about bullet trajectories et al. Solid episode, tho I do wish creepy Bob hung out a little while longer. I guess we'll get to see creepy twin down the line? What if that was the twin? That would be very sneaky Bruno. This is reminding me a lot of the Dirty Harry film Magnum Force. Powell was pretty terrific in this episode. Now the question is, will the seven headed dragon try to frame Jane to stop him from revealing them, is RJ an anonymous member of the organization or is he the head? Loved the doll scene with Haibach. What if Jane really did kill RJ, the one that killed his family at the mall. So many questions, and this could end up being like the Borg, sacrifice for the collective...

Evy Date: Monday, 21-Oct-13, 9:22 PM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Random thoughts :

- Kirkland usually so smart is very naïve to believe Smith, to go down from the van and to run attached ???...

- it's the first time that the murder of the episode and the story about RJ are connected. Usually, there is the murder in parallel with RJ's story !!! wink

- "tyger, tyger" : when at the end of the last episode of the second season RJ told it to Jane attached to the chair, he says the two first sentences of the poem which speaks about "symmetry".
Kirkland had a twin brother : so "twin" / "symmetry" ?????

- myself
Maybe Kirkland was at the shelter when he was young, or had a relationship with the shelter (a sister, a friend killed ? ....) It's a personnal vengence ???
I wrote this on 25th march 2013. I guessed a part of the truth !!!

- The story begins (season 01 episode 01) by a man (PJ) who by his attitude is the cause of the death of his family murdered by a serial killer. PJ has no relationship with the CBI at this time.
And 6 seasons and 4 episodes later we discover a powerful and machiavellian organization with which RJ is involved ...
Sorry Ladies, but this evolution is a little bit incredible cry

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 22-Oct-13, 9:16 AM

Tina Date: Tuesday, 22-Oct-13, 9:08 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Great episode. So another one of my favortite suspects is gone, but I knew he is not RJ when I saw the promo pics. But I still don't give up on my Partridge theory ...because now I really don't know who should be RJ. They all don't seem to fit.
What happens to this community when RJ is dead or caught? I can't believe it just ends since there are so many people involved in the RJ circle. Do they just stop doing crime? Or will there be another leader who goes on with what RJ has started? So many people from the FBI, CBI seem to be working for RJ.
It's really hard these days to wait for the next episode! And I guess there will be a break soon, and we have to wait 2 or even 3 weeks.
I was happy there was no "case of the week", I really don't need this now. I just want them to focus on the RJ story.

shoelady Date: Tuesday, 22-Oct-13, 6:17 PM | Message # 13
Jillaroo

By the time we get to 6:9 there will be no more RJ. I'm sure his minions will have to be defined by then, and maybe they will come after Patrick for revenge, who knows. Visualize is always in the forefront of all this and it will remain. One prominent member is to be killed shortly and more will be revealed by then. In real life the CBI (which existed for a short time) was disbanded after all sorts of miscoducts and problems, I'm sure Heller has this in mind and probably we will see the end of the CBI shortly. Just thinking out loud.

marta75 Date: Tuesday, 22-Oct-13, 8:55 PM | Message # 14
Rip Snorter

Amazing episode and Simon is a wonderful actor.
I have a strange feeling towards Van Pelt. We don't know very much about her family. Remember episode 1.16 !

shoelady Date: Tuesday, 22-Oct-13, 10:42 PM | Message # 15
Jillaroo

Yes I remember Patrick telling her about something in her past that she was denying even to herself. I wonder if the Visualize moments got her to reveal this to Stiles and now it could come back to bite her. I'm thinking also that if the CBI is disbanded after the RJ fracas, maybe she and Rigsby go on to another posting.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 04 Red Listed
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz