Friday, 19-Apr-24, 8:42 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 06 Fire And Brimstone (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
06 Fire And Brimstone
marta75 Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 0:21 AM | Message # 31
Rip Snorter

Please don't be shocked but i prefer the knife because Jane has always said he'll cut RJ up killed

bonbon Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 0:48 AM | Message # 32
Jillaroo

I'm 75 yrs old....have watched TM since the pilot (have a DVD copy of every episode to present) and like marta75 - I hope Jane takes RJ's life with a knife while looking directly into his face. I hope, however, it's written that this is an act of 'self defense'; thus accomplishing what Jane set out to do from the start, but justifiable. In that way (although he apparently 'flees' to South America), he can be exonerated later of this murder and return to the US and crime solving.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 1:35 AM | Message # 33
True Blue

Quote marta75 ()
Please don't be shocked but i prefer the knife because Jane has always said he'll cut RJ up

I feel the same. But I don´t want to see him doing it. I wish him to have his vengeance, though. Kind of a dilemma...I hope, I trust in Bruno to have found a way to make it fine for Jane AND for us!

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 10:39 AM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

Just a reminder here as I've had to delete a recent comment to protect people who don't want to see spoilers.
The TVGuide article which reveals how this aspect of the RJ story ends was posted in the spoiler thread on 6th November. Some people may not have read this and may not want to know the details, so please consider this when discussing it here.

Tina Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 1:50 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for the reminder, Fran. I don't read spoilers and don't watch previews, so I really appreciate not to read spoilers about upcoming episodes. But I do want to read about the latest episode, what other people think about it, but without knowing what's coming. So it's great if spoilers of upcoming ones are only in the spoiler thread that I don't read.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 1:51 PM

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Nov-13, 1:50 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

cbs Insider's Blog: Fire and Brimstone
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001478/

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 12:00am

"Fire and Brimstone" is our sixth episode of the season. We're leading up to Patrick Jane finally learning Red John's true identity and having the chance to confront him face to face. So hold on. This is going to be one intense ride.

"Fire and Brimstone" picks up right where "The Red Tattoo" (Episode 605) left off. Just before her death, Red John victim Kira Tinsley, gave Jane a message. More than a message, a clue. With her last dying breath, she told Jane that her killer, Red John, has a tattoo on his left arm. A tattoo of three dots. Armed with this information, Jane is now closer than he's ever been to identifying Red John. Problem is, there are still five suspects in contention. CBI Director Gale Bertram. Sheriff Thomas McAllister. FBI Agent Reed Smith. Former CBI Agent and Visualize crony, Ray Haffner. And of course, the one and only Brett Stiles. Jane's plan is to gather all five suspects together at the same time and in the same place, and check them for the tattoo. But doing so is easier said than done. And more than one suspect will be a formidable obstacle to Jane's plan. In the end of this episode, we will be much, much closer to knowing just who Red John is. The closest we have ever been. But this knowledge will come at a price. And for some, it's the highest price of all.

This episode was so much fun to write and be a part of. I was lucky enough to work with John Showalter, a veteran director and go-to-guy on THE MENTALIST. He did a truly amazing job with some very difficult material and sequences. I also got to write for all five Red John suspects - Malcolm McDowell, Michael Gaston, Reed Diamond, Xander Berkeley, and Drew Powell. Having all five fine actors in the same episode was a coup. And they definitely kept the set lively. Simon Baker gives, in my opinion, one of his best performances of the series. And we get to see a darker side of him we've only glimpsed in the past. Even after all these years, he continues to surprise and impress me. And Robin Tunney's scene in Malibu at sunset - not only is it beautifully shot, but Robin absolutely breaks your heart. Her performance kills me every time I watch it.

Filming this episode took us all over Los Angeles, and to some pretty incredible places. We shot a number of scenes at the Park Plaza Hotel, a historic building in the heart of downtown Los Angeles originally built by members of the Elks Club. And we had some pretty amazing days at Leo Carrillo State Beach in Malibu. The weather was perfect and the waves were even better. Our crew took full advantage of the location and went surfing at lunch.

Written by Co-Executive Producer Ken Woodruff

angel Date: Thursday, 05-Dec-13, 10:35 PM | Message # 37
Cobber

Well what can i say again. Brilliant episode. Loved how jane getting himself ready for the meet and then time goes back. We see how jane sets up the 5 suspects to get them to meet him. Such intense with this episode.

OMG what on earth was stiles doing at that gathering. Love him but he really creeped me out there. But redeemed himself after with van pelt then jane. Loved it when he slipped out of the embassy and ended up at back of a flower van. Bertram whistling then mysteriously on the phone to RJ? Reed just irks me now.

Love McAllister though he is so calm and cool. Haffner well he is too jumpy not like RJ at all. At CBi great that team converse what to do. Yes the beach scene with jane n lisbon was a lovely moment. Lisbon with her big smile after the hug. Jane was genuine in his words but also had to find way to leave her behind. But was bit surprised with lisbon at night on side road flagging a guy down and taking the car and leaving him alone there. For a officer of the law it was unsafe to say the least.

But the big showdown at the end and 3 of the suspects having the tattoo. But what i loved was jane cocking the shotgun and being menacing. Loved it. He meant business. But what did happen in there when shot fired and then wow how lisbon flew when the bomb went off. I was on the edge of my seat with this episode. Some fine acting all round. Brilliant

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 06 Fire And Brimstone (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz