Tuesday, 16-Apr-24, 9:20 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 12 The Golden Hammer (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
12 The Golden Hammer
Evy Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-14, 4:00 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

I hadn't yet posted any comment about the episode.
I liked the humour. The dispute in the "aquarium" before Cho who looks like a child watching his parents quarreling !
I was very surprise by the last image on Van Pelt's computer : everyone has a card of CBI "Special Agent". But Ardiles was District Attorney (I hope I used the good word) and Jane only a "consultant".
It's very strange don't you think ??

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 19-Jan-14, 4:01 PM

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-14, 6:02 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

It's very strange don't you think ??

Laziness, perhaps, on the part of the tech folks?

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-14, 6:55 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

Yes, I've noticed this as well. A mistake, I think. A rather big one, though surprised

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 20-Jan-14, 6:52 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

The plot is often in the details, Sherlock would have cringed at these omissions. And the original lineup with alternate names, too perfectly interspersed with the final list.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 21-Jan-14, 6:52 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

I found this article about Ardiles

(Look down the page under the photos after opening the link)

Title : Who is the Character Osvaldo Ardiles ?

http://thementalistfans.com/who-is-osvaldo-oscar-ardiles/

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 21-Jan-14, 6:55 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 21-Jan-14, 7:14 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

THanks for the link Evy.
I remember Ardiles not being in very good terms with our Serious Crim Unit team, Because Lisbon and Rigsby/Van Pelt seemed to give him a bit of a cold shoulder, Lisbon not taking him completely seriously, and the couple talking about fees more than good old times… so I was a bit puzzled that he chosed Lisbon to help him.

Is it only a writer's trick to involved the ex-CBI members in the scenario, or are they really some connections with the past that will be used in the future story arc? wacko

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 22-Jan-14, 1:40 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Hmmmm..... I liked this episode for all of the things mentioned above (therefore I'll try not to repeat comments) I think the thing I liked most was Cho, actually. I just love his deadpan delivery of hilarious lines like -standing with arms crossed- 'I am relaxed' - a pause and then in exactly the same position - 'Okay, now I'm relaxed'.. Absolute class!

As for the case, it was an easy one to crack. Avery was obviously too innocuous-looking not to have been guilty. The high-pitch voice, the faux naïve behaviour, the small woman versus the stronger male? Purrrleeeease! Come on writers...you fell into the typical trap of the whodunnit genre. I know you can do better than that.

Classic Mentalist cases intertwining with bigger cases with more dangerous consequences - I can go with that, but please let's not fall into the trap of suddenly becoming like NCIS. Don't get me wrong, I like that show, but I don't want Patrick's antics to begin looking a little bit like Tony's.
Loved the interaction with Lisbon...some glimpses of PJ's protective/jealous streak coming out....I'm not a shipper...so for me the jealousy is a bit like an only child not wanting to share his toy rather than outright 'keep your hands off my woman!' kind of jealousy. It's cute and endearing. I think Jane's teasing is also protective in a big brotherly way. He loves her, no doubt, but I don't think he or she would take that next step for fear of losing what they already have between each other.

Nice to see the Rigsbys again...although I did get the feeling that Wayne wouldn't be home for dinner as soon as Grace mentioned it. No idea what the next ep is about but I'm getting the sense that maybe Jane and co will be called in to try and locate a missing tall former CBI agent...

The ID cards at the end was a little lazy - Ardiles' would have had a different layout, on account of him being a DA, not an Agent. But I guess they wanted to show that the connection was the CBI, not just those fighting injustice.

I think we can pretty much rule out Jane, Lisbon and Cho as those that could possibly meet their demise, and as Grace and Wayne have already left the show, it seems likely that one of them will leave without the option of a possible future appearance - can't imagine they would kill both as that would leave two kids behind (and I can't see Jane and Lisbon taking them on - actually I could see some fun and hilarity there, but that's not a road the writers would go down...we'll leave that to the shippy fanfic writers!). At least one of them has to live.

Ultimately, the writers want us to immediately jump to the conclusion that the Blake Association is behind this new arc...and that likely is the case...but there is something holding me back from that assumption ( can't quite decide what). That arc will no doubt feature, I don't believe the FBI managed to get everyone involved (indeed they didn't, if you recall Jane's bluff regarding the encrypted list) But I also think there could be the possibility of something else.

That said, I'm not sure they would have time to introduce and conclude a new arc as well as the Blake one...I fear that we are already half-way through what could potentially be the final season (perish the thought!) sad

Overall, loving the old Jane (slapping himself around the face and telling Cho he's not crazy - lol) but not especially loving those shirts, and I'm sure that by now, he could have managed to buy at least a couple of new suits - the one he has is so sand blasted and bleached around the shoulders that it will fall off him before much longer - I know it is his distinct look, but come on Wardrobe Department...at least think of his hygiene!

Maybe when he gets his new trailer, he'll have some wardrobe space to fill! Then there will be no excuse!

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 22-Jan-14, 6:00 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

Here's a new thought. When Jane gave Dennis the new list of Blakers, Abbott looked terrified. Could he possibly be one of them and now that he has Jane close by and is slowly befriending him,is there an ulterior motive. There have to be some Assoc. members still out there, and Visualize is still around, albeit without Stiles. The writers want us to start liking Abbott and perhaps it will turn out badly. Any thoughts?

Tina Date: Thursday, 23-Jan-14, 10:46 AM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

What about Volker? He was really evil, and Ardiles gave Lisbon something that helped her to arrest him. And was Ardelis DA against Volker?
Just a thought ...

Was the Blake Assosiation in any trouble with Ardiles? Why would they kill him? Where is the connection between him and the team? So many questions, such a long time to wait ...

Evy Date: Thursday, 23-Jan-14, 5:28 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

Tinamarianne
What about Volker? He was really evil, and Ardiles gave Lisbon something that helped her to arrest him. And was Ardelis DA against Volker ?

May be you're right Tina, you make reference to episode 12 season 5 'Little Red Corvet"
Lisbon wants to catch Volker. She needs a deposition. But this deposition is sealed by the Grand Jury. Jane suggests her asking Ardiles ("You need to get something on him to make him help you”). She gets an information from Public Relations Brenda Shattrick about Ardiles : "Ferland case". And she can make blackmail him to obtain that she wants.

Do you think it could still be a connection with the death of Ardiles? It seems "Ferland case" was a big case ?

Otherwise why to attack Ardiles ? Volker's revenge ? He was powerful.

Message edited by Evy - Thursday, 23-Jan-14, 5:49 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 23-Jan-14, 5:56 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

I have a feeling that Ardiles is no longer with the DA. He is in Chicago, has a luxury automobile and has a Jet at his disposal, that seems like he is now in private practice with a large firm of attorneys.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 23-Jan-14, 9:54 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

He is in private practice...Lisbon mentions it when he calls her, I think. wink

Message edited by AgentM - Thursday, 23-Jan-14, 9:54 PM

Evy Date: Friday, 24-Jan-14, 0:18 AM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
The killer may have waited a long time, who knows ?
It really is too long to wait on 9 March.

Message edited by Evy - Friday, 24-Jan-14, 0:27 AM

Tina Date: Friday, 24-Jan-14, 9:59 AM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

There hadn't been a connection of Ardiles with the CBI team for years as far as we know, so it must be somebody from the past because he is after the CBI team too. It's really killing me who it is. I just watched "The Red Corvette", so that's why I thought of Volker. He could operate out of jail.
And he was really angry and really powerful and evil.
Why would the Blake Association wait that long? Over 2 years have passed.

sylvia5993 Date: Friday, 24-Jan-14, 5:56 PM | Message # 30
Bee's Knees

I still think Dennis Abbott is behind this. Now that he knows that the list exists, and Jane has it (we know better all involved need to be silenced, ergo the CBI family who had the flash drive from Bertram's hidey cave.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 12 The Golden Hammer (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz