Friday, 26-Apr-24, 10:58 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 12 The Golden Hammer (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
12 The Golden Hammer
Evy Date: Tuesday, 17-Dec-13, 11:25 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

12 The Golden Hammer - Press Release

JANE AND THE FBI INVESTIGATE THE DEATH OF A HIGH-TECH CARTOGRAPHER WHO MAY HAVE UNEARTHED A SPY RING BEFORE HE DIED, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, JAN. 12
Navid Negahban (“Homeland”) Guest Stars as Hassan Zarif, A Man With Information About The Cartographer’s Death

“The Golden Hammer” — Jane and the FBI investigate the murder of a high-tech cartographer who may have unearthed a spy ring before his death. Meanwhile, Rigsby and Van Pelt find themselves on the trail of an alarming conspiracy, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Jan. 12 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Navid Negahban (“Homeland”) guest stars as Hassan Zarif, a man with information about the cartographer’s death.

CHEAT TWEET: A mapmaker leaves a coded message for Jane – can you figure out the clues before he does? #TheMentalist 1/12 10pm http://bit.ly/1ka2mGv

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)
Rockmond Dunbar (FBI Agent Dennis Abbott)
Emily Swallow (Kim Fischer)

GUEST CAST:
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Erin Way (Avery Schultz)
Wayne Bastrup (Charles Whitaker)
Travis Schuldt (Curtis Whitaker)
Devon Gummersall (Gabriel Quinn)
Michael Mantell (Leo Drembelas)
Brian Patrick Wade (Martin Hagen)
Pat Skipper (Mitch Daniels)
David Norona (Osvaldo Ardiles)
Navid Negahban (Hassan Zarif)
Mark Saul (Sergei Sokolov)
Greg Fitzpatrick (Bike Cop)
Barbara Kerford (Lady In Elevator)

WRITTEN BY: Mike Weiss
DIRECTED BY: Jim Hayman

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 5:17 PM

Tassie Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 4:47 PM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Here in UK I last night witnessed my wonderful Simon in his part as PJ of course, strangling a man to death. It was at the one time the most horrible and most exhilarating performance I've seen in a long time, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with me-help help

Evy Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 5:07 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Patrick Jane's leather couch is back biggrin

CBI Couch

FBI : the return of the couch

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 5:30 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 5:19 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

Quote Tassie ()
Here in UK I last night witnessed my wonderful Simon in his part as PJ of course, strangling a man to death. It was at the one time the most horrible and most exhilarating performance I've seen in a long time, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with me-help help

Tassie, you should go to the "Red John" thread:
08 Red John

Some of us post interesting comments and reactions, feel free to add yours there!

Tassie Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 6:19 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

Thanks DS Pallas have already read those, but still wasn't prepared to enjoy so much someone being killed.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 18-Dec-13, 6:54 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

Shocking, isn't it? But you're not alone. happy

That's all mister Baker's fault. He can make a character such as Jane (who is basically a con man, a liar, a manipulative, selfish, obsessed, vengeful, borderline individual… and occasionally a murderer) look endearing! biggrin

June Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 6:30 PM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

I'm glad to see Osvaldo Ardiles in this episode, how will he react to the Jane's new situation? Will see.

If there is a character I'd like to see again is J.J. Laroche. I would love it!

Evy Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 7:55 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Osvaldo Ardiles is actually the only name that connects to Red John. Remember he was on the first list of suspects for the mole it seems to me. And he wanted to make Jane condemn for Timothy Carty's murder and failed.
Shall we have allusions to RJ ? Answers ?
Yes it will be interesting to see how he behaves towards Jane in the context of the FBI.

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 7:59 PM

Ivana Date: Sunday, 22-Dec-13, 11:56 PM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

I would also like to see again Laroche. He and Patrick had special relationship, maybe the closest to a male friend Jane could have in RJ era. Besides Lisbon Patrick only said to LaRoche that he loved him smile

Hayseed Date: Monday, 13-Jan-14, 6:48 AM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

Loved this episode!!! The procedural actually felt like the side story, and all the character interaction were the real story. Love the new arc! This hiatus is going to be hard to take.

Message edited by Hayseed - Monday, 13-Jan-14, 6:48 AM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 13-Jan-14, 8:59 AM | Message # 11
True Blue

Really?!!!They leave us alone now with that cliffhanger?! eek

bee Date: Monday, 13-Jan-14, 11:59 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

I have to say I thought this episode was much better than the last, mainly because there were more Jane/Lisbon scenes. In my opinion the interaction between these two characters are what gives TM its unique charm. The banter is back. The first scene with Jane and Lisbon in the "aquarium" as Lisbon calls it, was pure joy. Nice to see Jane is a little jealous of Lisbon's "date" with Ardiles. He wouldn't let it drop, mentioning it while in the car and again while sitting on the bench. Love to see jealous Jane for a change! I think the sparks may fly when Lisbon gets her boyfriend! Perhaps this is the "new side of their relationship".

Lots of funny scenes too. Jane being "hit" on the arm by Curtis was hilarious...just a tap really but Jane, being Jane, whined and acted like a baby. He's such a conman. The bench scene with Jane and Lisbon on the stakeout and Lisbon wearing her "disguise" which actually screamed "Look at Me". Classic. Jane, on the other hand, never seems to change his clothes, I know his shirts all look identical but I am beginning to miss those three piece suits and cleanshaven Jane. I dearly want him to smarten up a little. I notice he is now wearing a watch too, but can he please wear it the right way round? We also see Jane now has a "blankie" to go with his couch and he has picked out his new Airstream trailer, which I suspect is a substitute for his old attic and to which he can go when he wants to be alone. I believe he's gradually gathering all the things around him that make him feel comfortable and safe.

The actual storyline was of the murder of a cartographer who discovered a spy ring and was killed for his pains. From past experience in watching TM I have discovered that the least and most unobtrusive person is usually the villain so I suspected Avery the moment I saw her. I suspect the title Golden Hammer was regards to the Russian connection but I'm not sure.

Nice to see Grace and Wayne again I actually miss them. They were part of Jane's family. I thought it a little odd that Rigsby went into that building alone without backup, hasn't he learnt anything? I was pleased to see the old CBI connection again albeit they all seem to be targetted on some "wanted" list. I hope nothing bad happens to Grace and Wayne as they are leaving the series for good.

Just a thought....Jane reminded me of Harry Potter under his "invisibility cloak" when he was under that blanket. Does he think nobody can see him? LOL

Great Lines:

Jane: "Ardiles...he always had a crush on you..... tasselled loafers".
Jane: "This is like the stakeout of old. You..Skeptical and grumpy Me..Confident and cheerful".
Jane: "I'm cheerful because I sit here with you....."
Jane: "You look good in that hat".

Now we wait and wait and wait .....in the meantime I shall be returning to my dvd collection and watch all the old episodes at the CBI...bliss. biggrin

Message edited by bee - Monday, 13-Jan-14, 3:51 PM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 13-Jan-14, 6:39 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

A nice episode, I enjoyed the plot, and the banter.

I agree about the smartening up.....I miss the suits too....it is nice to see him looking a bit more...'unbuttoned' but i LIKED the suits.

Cho was great......'you don't know the latin for Bench'....made me laugh!

I like how none of them and yet ALL of them are in charge.....they all have a part to play, and I like Denis Abbotts way of being boss....very calm.

So....is it the Blake Association that killed Ardilles???? I really expected Rigsby's flashlight to show a smiley face.....but he didn't ought to go into places like that on his own.

And PLEASE....will someone get Grace a mirror...That Hair style is AWFUL!!

Message edited by Mossibecca - Monday, 13-Jan-14, 6:39 PM

Fran Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-14, 0:08 AM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

cbs Insider's Blog: Golden Hammer

In “Golden Hammer,” we find Jane and Lisbon a few cases further into their new lives at the FBI. Compared to the CBI, the FBI offers Jane bigger mysteries to solve with national (and in this case, international) reach. We all know that for Jane, no case is too difficult to crack, but there are limits to the amount of top-secret material the FBI can share with a consultant who has, at best, a shady past. This investigation could expose a security breach at a military subcontractor. Jane will need security clearance. But will he play by FBI rules? Will he be discreet enough to complete the task? And what tactics will Jane bring to bear on a sensitive case?

As we were plotting the series refresh and the move to the FBI, writers were asked to come up with storylines with a little more scope. That might mean bigger bad guys. Or more complex plotting. “Golden Hammer” would be Jane’s third FBI case. What could we throw at him that we never dealt with back in Sacramento?

The jumping-off point here was a spy story that would test Jane’s abilities as well as the trust that he is building with his new team. “To catch the killer, the mentalist must first catch an international spy.” That was my initial thought. Secret codes. Clandestine money drops. Shadowy alliances. These seemed like tantalizing elements to introduce to the world of the show. But to keep it from spinning out of control, we started as we often do with “classic Mentalist stories.” That means a body on the floor. Building a twisty-turny spy story around that victim that we could tell in 44 or so minutes – that was the challenge.

In addition to the spy case and the emerging dynamics of a newly formed FBI team, this episode needed to introduce a threat from Jane and Lisbon’s old life. While their CBI days are long behind them, Jane’s… unorthodox methods left collateral damage. No spoilers here but someone from CBI days past has come back to have their revenge. It’s a story that will pull in the entire original team, including old friends Rigsby and van Pelt. We’ll get a glimpse of their cozy life before… sorry. No spoilers.

Written by
Producer Mike Weiss
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001807/

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-14, 2:02 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Quote Fran ()
We’ll get a glimpse of their cozy life before… sorry. No spoilers.

Before the storm?

Thanks for posting this Fran, think the past cannot be shaken off. What happened before CBI shut down and the consequences of RJ death and the Blake association dismantling just cannot disappear as if by magic, right?

Just when we got a glimpse of the new dynamics between this new team, the Texas sky is getting cloudy…
I loved the bench scenes (without and with the hat), and a Cho very to the point with Jane. "You don't know Latin fro bench?" Man, our Kimball takes no bullsh*t tongue

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 12 The Golden Hammer (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz