Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 9:10 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 12 The Golden Hammer (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
12 The Golden Hammer
Evy Date: Friday, 24-Jan-14, 6:18 PM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

Sylvia5993
I still think Dennis Abbott is behind this.

So Sylvia, if I understand that you are saying, you think that Abbott belongs to the Blake Association ?
But for the scenario, I find it's already played : when Kirkland finds Jane's list and kills to avenge his brother. An other story of list with killing people who disturb or know about it too much? It means that Ardiles is a member of the Blake Association?
It's an hypothesis. As I've already wrote : March is so far away ! We have to wait. I think that this hiatus entertains the suspens. In fact it is maybe a good thing for the audience and future ratings wink

Evy Date: Saturday, 25-Jan-14, 10:06 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

This photo has been published with the episode 6x12 "The Golden Hammer".
But I watched twice and I did not find the scene that matches.

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 25-Jan-14, 6:02 PM | Message # 33
Bee's Knees

I'm thinking that someone suspects Ardilles of knowing who is on the list and was being questioned about it. That is also why his phone was hacked into. But then I was also wrong about who was RJ. I just don't trust Abbott, he is too smooth, and the reason he is keeping Jane close, is he suspects him of knowing too much and using it to his advantage.

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 25-Jan-14, 8:53 PM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

This is a very appealing theory sylvia, I like it.
I remember reading somewhere that Abbott always said that some FBI big fishes wanted Jane (he'd say so to Jane on the island) considering him an assett, but that, in fact it seemed to be Abbott and only Abbott will to have Jane by his side.
This point of view would agree with your theory.

OR we're becoming paranoïd and see conspiracy everywhere! tongue

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Saturday, 25-Jan-14, 8:54 PM

Fran Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 12:21 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Quote sylvia5993 ()
When Jane gave Dennis the new list of Blakers, Abbott looked terrified. Could he possibly be one of them and now that he has Jane close by and is slowly befriending him,is there an ulterior motive.

This wouldn't make any sense to me, because Abbott believes that Jane knows the names on the list, so if his name is there he would surely realise that any Jane-game he might be playing was well and truly over.

Evy Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 4:52 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

I think Patrick Jane's watch is a Longines !

bee Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 5:02 PM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

Evy..it looks very similar (if not the same one) that he is wearing in the latest Gallery Updates pic where he is walking along the street. So could be he's wearing his own watch in TM as well as his own wedding ring! Not entirely sure though.... confused

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 5:14 PM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

Just some speculations for fun…
If we start from this hypothesis that Abbott was part of the Blake Association, or related to it by being simply corrupted, he might be on the list.
But he doesn't know and the only way for Abbott to know is to wait till Jane gives the list.
If he believes his name is on the list, so he's sure that Jane knows it. So he can understand that Jane is blackmailing him. Give in to Jane's blackmail is a way of saying "Ok, let's make a deal. if you don't use the list, you'll be free of all your charges in 5 years, and in 5 years you'll have forgotten that I'm part of that list. So we can be even".
In the scene outside the FBI headquarter, Abbott asks first Jane to give the list immediatly. But what benefit could Jane make from that? He would still be a person subject to trial with heavy charges against him. There's nothing to win here. So Abbott gives in easily to this 5 years delay. Of course! If he's on the list, he has a vested interest in the list not being revealed, and can give Jane an opportunity to be cleared.

Ok a bit far-fetched but it could be possible?

Evy Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 5:57 PM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

Bee
It looks very similar (if not the same one) that he is wearing in the latest Gallery Updates pic where he is walking along the street. So could be he's wearing his own watch in TM as well as his own wedding ring !

I thought the same thing ! It's possible wink

Evy Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 6:01 PM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

DS Pallas
If we start from this hypothesis that Abbott was part of the Blake Association, or related to it by being simply corrupted ........ ........

Yes it is a hypothesis, but I don't know why I have a good feeling with Abbott. He seems to me sincere and honest.

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 6:02 PM

Fran Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 7:31 PM | Message # 41
Fair Dinkum

I'll just say Occam's Razor and leave it at that tongue

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-14, 8:22 PM | Message # 42
Bee's Knees

I like Abbott. I think he's on the up and up.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 27-Jan-14, 12:09 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

Quote Fran ()
I'll just say Occam's Razor and leave it at that tongue

Yeah… I know. Probably! biggrin

But can't help… I like some ramble sometime… It's good for the brain cells happy

Evy Date: Monday, 27-Jan-14, 1:38 PM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

We have an explanation !
Read my new post (spoiler) on thread "Black Helicopters"

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 27-Jan-14, 1:38 PM

June Date: Monday, 27-Jan-14, 3:08 PM | Message # 45
Bee's Knees

Quote Evy ()
This photo has been published with the episode 6x12 "The Golden Hammer". But I watched twice and I did not find the scene that matches.

Sometimes they show photos of some scenes that finally have been removed in the editing room and don't be in the episode.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 12 The Golden Hammer (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz