Friday, 26-Apr-24, 1:43 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 20 Il Tavolo Bianco (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
20 Il Tavolo Bianco
KathyF Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 7:26 AM | Message # 31
Rip Snorter

I wanted to cry...just sayin'

Evy Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 9:45 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

I still do not know how to properly explain why (because I do not speak english easily), but I am disappointed by this episode in many ways. sad

bee Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 9:57 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

WOW...so much happening in this episode. Three stories going on here...the continuation of the human smuggling ring, which is becoming more sinister with the taking of organs, Jane's scam for indictment for murder in order to catch Acardo, a drug seller and killer and Jane and Lisbon's floundering relationship! Love the fact that although there is tension between Jane and Lisbon at the moment she is still loyal to him and pleading the 5th Amendment and telling the Prosecutor to "Go To Hell" when questioned. Jane saying "Objection, Thomas McAllister may have shot and strangled himself" was hilarious.

Also liked the parallels between the film Casablanca and the Jane/Lisbon/Pike triangle, Pike informing Lisbon that it's about a woman who has to choose between two men! Nice touch. I think Pike is gradually realising that all is not well between them!

I'm liking Abbott more and more although I haven't decided if he is trying to be a matchbaker between Jane and Lisbon for their own sakes or that if Lisbon leaves for Washington, Jane will be even more of a loose cannon and uncontrollable. I hope it is the former, he seems to realise they have a strong bond that goes beyond mere friendship. Abbott giving them the "dinner date" assignment was clever but it's a shame Lisbon never wore a dress for the occasion and Jane also still wore that boring shirt (has he no other clothes?), it would have been more convincing but I loved the fact that Abbott later asked Jane how their "dinner date" went and Jane just remarked about the food.

I was surprised that Pike opened the door to Jane. It must have been Lisbon's house as Jane was surprised to see him and I don't think Jane would have knocked on Pike's door. I really think Jane wanted to have an honest talk with Lisbon alone but was unable to knowing that Pike was there. Jane saying.."Look, I..I've been thinking a..about you leaving, and..I want you to know that I...I really want you to be happy and that is the most important thing to me, you do what makes you happy..OK" was so emotional. He loves her so much and is really trying to do the right thing (leaving her to make her own decisions) but it was heartbreaking to watch, especially when his voice cracked at the end when he said "OK". These two are desperately in need of having a talk about their feelings for each other without any interruptions. I've seen snails move faster and I know this is going to be dragged out until the finale but after 6 years of waiting and a chance the show will not renewed, I would like to see more than a few minutes of them as a couple. Am I being selfish here?

Simon and Robin were faultless in this episode (as ever) and their last scene was breathtaking. The fact that Jane made Lisbon cry was heartbreaking. Simon and Robin work so well together. I hope the show is renewed because cancellation would be a travesty! cry

Message edited by bee - Monday, 05-May-14, 11:47 AM

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 10:35 AM | Message # 34
Surfie

They make me cry at the end. Especially when Jane's voice cracked.

AgentM Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 11:02 AM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

It was a solid episode...I knew after the last episode that they had to return to the human smuggling case, if only for Cho's sake. I know he will find the missing girl and despite Abbott telling him not to get Daniella's hopes up, I think he will find her alive. There is something about the way he looks at and interacts with Daniella that interests and intrigues me...

The Grand Jury scam...I had my suspicions when the subpoenas were being dished out...surely Abbott would have been an obvious candidate for one rather than Fischer, after all, it was he that cut the deal with Jane in the first place. Still, it was an intriguing twist to have the two women in Jane's life being tested - kinda runs in reflection of the Pike versus Jane thing.

The rest of the case had its moments...but I was getting a little bit distracted by the Jane/Lisbon shenanigans. He really is struggling, bless his little unwashed woolly socks! I have to say, I also had to wipe away a tear as he walked away after telling Lisbon all he wants is for her to be happy. He seemed to struggle to get past that little statement. The emotion was raw and his speech sped up as he pushed through it. Baker is undoubtedly the best male actor I've seen for this kind of thing.

I think, despite all the pushing, Lisbon knows it is extremely hard for him to vocalise his thoughts. The statement in the restaurant when Jane asked her what it is that a girl wants to hear...Lisbon responded "I wish I knew" (or words to that effect). I think deep down she does know what she wants to hear but I also believe that she knows how hard it will be for him to say it. Remember her concern about Lorelai being the first one since his wife...

At this point, I think the writers may make her decide to go to DC but when it comes down to it, there will be a reason she doesn't --- maybe Pike will turn out to be too good to be true, or they kill him off (which would be a shame) or something will happen involving Jane. Not long to wait now... sad

Thought the Casablanca reference was an apt choice (lol --- at the end of that movie, Rick is called a sentimentalist ) I guess we saw evidence of that in Jane at the end of this episode - wonder if that was deliberate? Loved the fact that Wiley keeps getting the credit for breaking cases wide open and it was really cool to see him out in the field with Cho - like a mini-Rigsby!

I enjoyed the episode (but then I always enjoy anything Daniel Cerone puts his hand to) The writing was brilliant and the acting was truly worthy of many accolades. Fingers crossed...

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 5:23 PM | Message # 36
Bee's Knees

Brilliant episode. Love all the regular characters. The scenes with Jane and Lisbon are simultaneously beautiful and painful to watch. My nerves continue to be overwrought, even though I can easily envisage a happy Jisbon ending.

Tina Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 7:41 PM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

Another brilliant episode. And again things were different than I thought. I should stop reading about episodes that haven't aired yet. I never was a shipper but I am now. I just want to help the two...it's so obvious they belong together. I love Abbott more and more. It really breaks my heart if there are only 2 more episodes...for me this show is better than ever now.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Monday, 05-May-14, 7:43 PM

marta75 Date: Monday, 05-May-14, 11:34 PM | Message # 38
Rip Snorter

Quote AgentM ()
I was getting a little bit distracted by the Jane/Lisbon shenanigans

I was too and it's a shame because the case and Jane's plans were particularly tortuous. An excellent episode.

Mcbabsi Date: Tuesday, 06-May-14, 7:50 AM | Message # 39
Jillaroo

This episode made me fall in love with Jane all over again! (if that is even possible). Simon's acting was superb here, as was Robin's.
Before that, I would always say I'd rather not have a 7th season - if it is not as good as the ones before - but now I want them to go on and on....

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 06-May-14, 2:29 PM | Message # 40
Bee's Knees

Totally agree, McBabsi.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 06-May-14, 3:30 PM | Message # 41
Fair Dinkum

Am I the only one who hasn't loved this episode ?

I think, a lot of people, with the drawing of the little heart and the blood analysis, had understood that it was an organ traffic. I thought immediately to this and I'm surprised by Cho and Abbott, who spent a lot of time to understand this. I did not find them very insightful.

Jane's con was a good idea but in the realisation, it was too theatrical. It seemed unrealistic : the arrest, the subpoena delivrances, the auditions at the Cour... in one day ??
This "fake" was very disappointing because of the sneak peek I think, which who misled me : I was expected answers during the trial (about the Black Association etc.... ) !

I found the scene in the night club very "cliché" : to seduce the fiancée of the gangster....
Abbott making "JISBON" was surprising and funny.
For the third time the episode is ending with Jane and Lisbon, and Jane always so sad.... Once, maybe, twice, I admit. But three times ? It's boring, the story doesn't progress. Mister Heller is procrastinating.

Everybody will have understood that I did not like the episode in general tongue but fortunatly I loved Simon acting and also Cho biggrin

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 06-May-14, 3:58 PM

June Date: Tuesday, 06-May-14, 3:38 PM | Message # 42
Bee's Knees

Quote Mcbabsi ()
Before that, I would always say I'd rather not have a 7th season - if it is not as good as the ones before - but now I want them to go on and on....

That's the issue. What we want and what is the best for the show, which sometimes is not the same. I've always seen Lisbon and Jane more close friends, like family, than romantically involved. But after watching the last five episodes, especially the last two, I have to say that I've changed my mind. Lisbon and Jane have to be together. Period.

Now, my doubts. If there is a happy and romantic ending, Bruno's words seem to mean that, I'm not sure if this is what Bruno wanted or it has been a decision taken because of the cancellation and renewal thing. Because if we have a seventh season, I hope so, I don't want "my mentalist" become a copy of "Castle" or "Bones". no killed That's my fear. But, on the other hand, if Chris and the writers make a good job, could be interesting to see Jane and Lisbon working together as a couple. I'm in a mess.

Message edited by June - Tuesday, 06-May-14, 3:44 PM

PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 06-May-14, 4:34 PM | Message # 43
Surfie

One of the thing I like most about this episode is it reminded the audience once again Jane could make women fall for him, he could make plan that make the the villain thought he is in control of the chain of actions but in fact he is just following Jane's script. And yet Jane is not using any of these tricks to make Lisbon stay. He want her to choose for her self. To follow what her heart really want.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 06-May-14, 5:23 PM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

I hope the season doesn't end with Jane and Lisbon being together like a real couple, living together etc.
I hope it ends that Lisbon stays with the FBI and keep on working with Jane, that they admit to have feelings for each other, but that Season 7 (that hopefully will happen) explore the relationship, and then, in the very last episode of TM, they get together like REALLY get together. I don't know why all of the sudden I became a Jisbon shipper ...I always thought they should only be best friends, but now I don't see them to be with somebody else.

I watch Bones and the show has lost so much since Bones and Booth are a couple. It's not good for a show.
But I trust in the writers of TM that they found a good way to end the season. And that they have a lot in store for Season 7. I just hope so much for it, more than ever, because these last episodes ...SO GOOD!

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 06-May-14, 8:36 PM | Message # 45
Bee's Knees

Lisbon seems to be rubbing it in about DC....looking for property when she KNOWS that Jane is around.

She seems to have forgotten how to read between the lines of what Jane is saying, for a man who communicates so well, he is not good with words on his own account, but his actions speak volumes.....BUT....I noticed that she slotted straight back into 'protect Jane' mode when the Marshalls came and she wasn't thinking.

In the courtroom, THAT was the Lisbon we know, protecting her brood – she seems to be playing a part around Pike, AND when she is discussing him with Jane, she seems to be hiding even from herself.

Love the Jane courtroom scene, he loves to rub officialdom up the wrong way.

I like Abbott for playing cupid...sweet.

It was obvious that Lisbon didn't WANT to apologise to Jane, even though she knew that he HAD to keep the scam from her n(she needed to act normally and we know that Lisbon can't do that) and I was glad to hear just a little jealousy in Jane's voice when he asked if Pike had suggested that Jane was right......I think he DID feel that he was in the wrong to not let her in on the deal.

To me Lisbon looked a little irritated by Pike when they were debating if to watch Casablanca...in fact I think she was trying to start an argument (some times reasonable is really irritating)

Liked the look on Pike's face when he realised that the film mirrored real life for them....perfect.

You could see the pennies beginning to drop when Jane was talking to the Italian man, saying he was brave for facing up to the truth....that made Jane realise he needed to be brave too......and after all that he almost had to ask for permission to speak to Lisbon......sad.

Message edited by Mossibecca - Tuesday, 06-May-14, 8:37 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 20 Il Tavolo Bianco (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz