Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 8:13 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 20 Il Tavolo Bianco (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
20 Il Tavolo Bianco
AgentM Date: Wednesday, 07-May-14, 10:21 AM | Message # 46
Bee's Knees

Despite all of the recent ramping up of unspoken feelings between Jane and Lisbon, I still don't think they should be together in a romantic way.

Yes, Lisbon is in love with him - that has always been the case (from crush to real feelings - we've seen that play out over the six seasons). And yes, he loves her, cares deeply for her and wants to protect her. He is just scared to love anyone in the same way as his wife again. We know this.

So what is all this tension that we are seeing about? Well, I've stated many times before that Lisbon and Jane are safety nets for each other. They can flirt with and find each other attractive and know that they are safe to do this without the danger of commitment. The jealousy that is experienced by each of them when the other is with someone else is partly out of the fear that this other person will take away that safety net. We've seen Lisbon get jealous on a number of occasions (because she is 'in love' with Jane a little bit more deeply). I honestly don't think Jane has ever really thought about that kind of love with Lisbon because of his quest for Red John. He's cared about her for a long time, but not really strayed into those kinds of thoughts due to his loyalty to his dead wife. I don't think he'd even considered it until Rigsby mentioned that he and Grace always thought that they would end up together.

Now Pike has arrived on the scene and is threatening to take Lisbon away to DC, ergo Jane's safety net is under threat. I think now Jane is realising that with Lisbon gone, he will have nothing...again. Lisbon knows him and everything about him, good and bad...I know he talked about this on the 'online dating' video, but was referring to his wife. I know that the description now perfectly fits Lisbon - but I still don't want them to get together. (Castle being a perfect example of why). It would be too cliché to get them together in the last episode and I don't think it would work for another season of them being together as a couple. I'm sure the writers would do a decent job and there would be lots of funny moments along the way, but it would just be a replica of all the other shows that have gone down that track --- and I feel that The Mentalist is better than that. They made a big deal out of claiming that TM was a crime show but not a procedural show - it would be a shame if they let this slide and turn it into a predictable 'yes let's get them together in the end' show.

I do think Jane is now experiencing a similar kind of pain that Lisbon went through when he disappeared to Venezuela. He is trying to play it cool on the outside, but deep inside he is an anxious wreck in absolute panic that he is going to lose her - his only true friend, the only one he can trust and who is always there for him. I love that Simon is allowed to play this kind of thing - he is so very good at it. And Robin too. She's definitely pulling her weight in the acting stakes at the moment. I shall cry if they are split up , but I shall cry even more if they get together! Work colleagues - definitely, Friends - fo'sure! Lovers - no thank you. (For those of you who think that I seem not to have a heart, I truly do and in any other circumstances I would be whooping it up with the rest of the shippers - I love a good romance and a happy ending --- I've just seen this plot line ruin too many brilliant shows)

Anyways, my little soap box speech is over... megaphone

wacko Just had a crazy thought...what if this 'Mr Ridley' is Sheriff Tom MacAllister's brother? He certainly has a similarity about him - I think it was the stubble that triggered this one! He has certainly got to have something to do with the Blake Association, though - lol I still don't think MacAllister was Red John! surprised

PJaneloke Date: Wednesday, 07-May-14, 11:42 AM | Message # 47
Surfie

LOL Agent M, I also don't believe MacAllister is RJ. tongue

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 07-May-14, 11:46 AM | Message # 48
Bee's Knees

Agent M, I like your thoughts, and you give a balanced argument for them not being together at the end, and if that IS the case, I will be happy so long as they handle it right, but I have to say, my little shopper heart is beating strongly for them to 'find' each other romantically.....but I know what you mean about other shows, I would only want this coupling if the writers can tackle it in a 'non-cheesy' way

Wand6122360 Date: Wednesday, 07-May-14, 1:09 PM | Message # 49
Bee's Knees

Agent M, I see your point very clearly, but would love to see this coupling because to me it would be the perfect completion of Jane's story... being able to give himself to someone again. I like the emotional symmetry of it. And considering how much emotional misery the writers have caused me recently, I really need this payoff. I don't think they would have come up with a Lisbon leaving scenario unless they intended to bring Lisbon and Jane together.

amanda Date: Thursday, 08-May-14, 8:27 AM | Message # 50
Cobber

I'm not a Jisbon shipper, but all these years living together, sharing all, joy and sadness, have definitely linked them for their life

Juney Date: Wednesday, 14-May-14, 12:30 PM | Message # 51
Bee's Knees

I think Jane and Lisbon should remain friends. If they are to be together it should be the very last episode. Does anyone remember Hart to Hart (shows my age I know), we don't want TM turning into that. I haven't seen the Castle and Bones series as I only have terrestrial TV but I can imagine that the storylines must lose the sparkle somehow when romance finishes. Sorry for the rambling on. Can't find the right words.

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 14-May-14, 3:04 PM | Message # 52
Bee's Knees

I loved Hart to Hart, but I don't think TM has to turn into that kind of show just because Lisbon and Jane are together. Their relationship could become a background given, and I'd be satisfied with a twenty second nod to the relationship once an episode. They're going to keep fighting crime. It's the FBI, and there will be cases. I just want to see Jane heal into a person who's capable of a normalish relationship and happiness by the time the series ends.

This long arc of this show has always been about Jane's journey to me, and I think a romantic relationship with Lisbon is a natural progression.

June Date: Wednesday, 14-May-14, 4:30 PM | Message # 53
Bee's Knees

I agree with you. I want Jane to find happiness and who better than Lisbon to help him.

angel Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 5:36 PM | Message # 54
Cobber

Again sorry for lateness as i like to watch twice bfore saying and sat do this. Again a fabulous episode with all team effort. Loving cho at the moment as he is coming into his own in this arc. Hope to see more in s7. The pic of danielle sister on his table. heartfelt. Wiley trying to help but cho keeps to himself.

Is it me but when it was pike n Lisbon movie night i just sighed and just wanted it to be over. Nothing to do with jisbon i just absolutley cannot stand pike. He really irks me. I don't like needy men. Glad when scene over.

Jane typical telling lisbon doesn't want her to leave then say cos she be bored. But then gets carted off. The courtroom scenes were pure jane master with his thoughts on the jury. Oh what a bitch the prosecuter was. Then lovely restaurant scene with jane n lisbon and the 'what does a girl want to hear'. Yes indeed.

Good to se Tony Amendola as restaurant owner. fine actor. Lovely performance. Loved how they conned him into leading him to the assasin payoff.

But i was so glad to see another of my aussie faves Johnathan LaPaglia who is brother of Anthony who is close friend simon. And he was in the aussie drama 'The Slap' which simon wife becca was reading the book in monte carlo. Johnathan is a much underated actor as i have seen a few series of his and he is brilliant. He was so nasty yet cool at the same time. loved it. Jane in the club seducing his girlfriend. Oh so sweet and charming and poor girl fell for it. But so funny how he had to get a hit put out on him so quickly and did it. fischer impressed indeed.

But the jury was rigged for jane and lisbon not too happy being left out but forgiving him. She is getting frustrated. But the end scene with jane at lisbon door again pike opens it and i go ' please go away will you'. The talk between the two and jane near tears saying he wants her to be happy as that is what will make him happy. beautifully done and lisbon crying when he walks off. Brilliant scene and really felt it in the heart.

May i say again kudos to Abbott as he really knows whats going on with these two better then them. The man is magnificent. officially now my fave boss. Great stuff

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 20 Il Tavolo Bianco (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz