Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 6:11 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
22 Blue Bird
bee Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 11:14 AM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

WOW! What a finale it had a mix of humour and pathos and I was gripped from the moment Cho told Jane that Lisbon was leaving and Jane being so distracted with that news that he solved the case in the first five minutes. Jane admitting to Lisbon that he was sad she was leaving but happy for her and, all the while setting up a plan to delay her leaving for DC was typical Jane. His clever ruse took them to Miami and I loved the Cadillac he rented, trying to impress Lisbon. Thought it hilarious that he gave out various hints throughout the episode about what she would miss sitting behind a desk in Washington.

Loved the beach scene where Lisbon believed she had solved the puzzle of the letter and Jane playing along with her. Abbott and Cho turning up at the hotel and spoiling Jane's romantic meal was hilarious. Jane leaving those dresses for Lisbon in her room was so sweet and she did look lovely coming down those stairs and Jane's face seeing her was a picture. Shame the romance was short-lived though when Lisbon found out that Jane had booked the room before the Letter was even sent. Jane's face changed when he saw her coming towards him and realised the game was up and Abbott and Cho's faces were priceless when she threw the water over him. I do love Abbott, he realises these two have hidden their feelings from each other for so long and I was surprised that Cho hadn't worked this out. Even Rigsby had realised their impending involvement!

The scene where they talked through Lisbon's hotel door and he said he was sorry for tricking her was heartbreaking. I could understand Lisbon's feelings about being used (again) but I felt sorry for Jane because he wants her to stay but is still unable to tell her how he feels and he does it in the only way he knows how, by delaying the inevitable and staging a con. Jane listening to the lawyer saying he had been a coward, filled with fear and hatred and destroyed the best thing that had happened to him and Jane realising this was the same for him, and then trying to get away to get to the airport and the suspects keep turning up was hilarious and I felt so sorry for him.

Jane panicking to get aboard the plane was gripping. (Simon apparently really twisted his ankle in this scene). His heartfelt speech to Lisbon on the plane was heartbreaking. Finally in fear of losing her for good he poured out his heart and soul to her saying he did use people but that he couldn't imagine waking up and not seeing her and then saying (finally) "I love you". *cries*. The fact that he kept saying it as he was led away by security was even more heartbreaking. Noticed that Jane's was still wearing his wedding ring and wondered if the people on the plane thought they were married and just having a "tiff". Kudos to both Simon and Robin in this scene, their acting was mesmerising.

The final scene....ahhh....we all know Lisbon wouldn't leave Jane, especially after his little speech, and her finally admitting to him that she felt the same about him was joyous. Hallelujah! The kiss was heartfelt and I, for one, am glad there's to be a Season 7 to see how they both cope with being a couple. I can just imagine the banter that lays ahead....bring it on!

Great Lines:

Jane: "I can't imagine waking up knowing that I won't see you."
Lisbon: "Another fine pickle you've got yourself into."
Jane: "I meant what I said, every word of it."
Lisbon: "Good, because I feel the same way."
Jane: "Well, that's lucky."

PS Simon's gave another award winning performance here, he's a consummate professional who gives so much passion into his portrayal of PJ that he is breathtaking. Roll on Season 7. biggrin

Message edited by bee - Monday, 19-May-14, 12:02 PM

Thrill Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 12:11 PM | Message # 32
Dinkie-Di

Bee - couldn't agree more - I had tears streaming down my face. Simon was captivating.

Another line I liked was the woman on the plane to Lisbon "every woman on this plane is green with envy" .........

hands hands

Fran Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 1:13 PM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

A beautifully crafted episode and a stunning performance from Simon. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen, didn't even want to blink - a perfect end to the season hands

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 2:37 PM | Message # 34
Bee's Knees

I loved this episode. Many beautiful moments. And I really loved how Lisbon wrote Pike off with one sentence. "He'll understand," which was, of course, how Pike described Jane. There was so much subtext in what she said... She had finally woken up to Pike's pushiness, and wasn't too concerned about his feelings. It greatly eased my angst from previous episodes.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 3:49 PM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

I really enjoyed this, right from the start, it was well wirtten and beautifully executed.

Jane is as blind as a bat about Lisbon, he really didn't think she would leave him and I am glad that they addressed that in the conversation between the two, that he felt slighted that she didn't tell him herself.

I have to say I smelled fish with the letter...for me it had echos of the letter in the pilot...not really somethinhg a killer would write, and I wondered about Jane writing it.

Jane didn't really lie to Abbott.....Abbott didn't say the words....'did you write the letter' he lied by ommission....he knew what Abbott was asking about.

Jane's face when Abbott and Cho turned up was just perfect, in fact Simon's acting through out was masterful...the expressions on his face were superb.

Abbot made me laugh when he didn't believe that Cho didn't know why Lisbon was so cross, and I cracked out laughing when he called the waiter for the wine list after all....they have finally driven him to drink.

When Lisbon had gone to the airport and he was drinking in his room and the lawyer and the young man had come in with their guns, and he says something like ' I should have made the clue harder' and then when the two women arrived....the look of disgust on his face was so funny.

When Lisbon was in the check in line, she kept on looking behind her for Jane....she knows him well enough to know that he is one for the grand gesture.

I laughed out loud while crying into my tea, when the airport security man was banging on the window telling them to stop kissing....it was what you do when teenagers are doing it in the street outside your window...I kept expecting a bucket of water to be thrown over them!

And the end....I just loved it, so romantic and just so them.

An episode I shall watch when I need the warm fuzzy feeling after a bad day.

I am sure that a lot of people WON'T like it, but it pressed all the right buttons for me.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 5:09 PM | Message # 36
Bee's Knees

I remember Robin Tunney saying once that it would be really hard to kiss Simon because they were such good friends and she was glad that it wasn't in Heller's plans to have them become an item. I suppose the shippers made enough of a stink to change his mind and to give them an ending they would be pleased with. I for one fear that the next 13 epis might be uncomfortable. I remember that "Moonlighting" lost it appeal once they got together. We'll see!

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 6:28 PM | Message # 37
Surfie

Mossibecca, you are quite a detective to suspect Jane in writting the letter from the beginning. I didn't even realized it echo the pilot until u mentioned it. Bravo!

I suspected something is off from beginning but at the time I suspected Jane has cracked the code but wanted to drag the case longer so that he can spend more time with Lisbon. The scene at the beach, it was very obvious he purposely led libon to crack the code. I thought it was to keep her in good mood and would want to stay on the case and see it through. Never cross my mind that he was the one who wrote it.

I love this episode so much that I can't stop talking about it. Yup, definitely an episode I will rewatch again and again especially when I need a pick me up.

Peithon Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 7:26 PM | Message # 38
Rip Snorter

Sylvia, Heller always intended to get them together at the end of the series. He wanted to hold it off as long as possible because of the Moonlighting curse as it is called. I am not a shipper, but even this dark ol' heart was happy at the end biggrin

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 8:05 PM | Message # 39
True Blue

wow...
He told her!
She said she feels the same!!
He KISSED her!!!
Wow!

Well, actually I´ve never been a shipper and I´m not sure if I like the thought of Jane and Lisbon being a couple (and work together ?) BUT:
This was written AND directed AND acted brilliantly!!! Not to forget the work of the atmosphere-creating MONSTER Blake Neely - he did an amazing job, he almost made me cry.

I don´t know what season 7 might bring after "this", but they already managed to surprise us after RJ was brought down, so I keep faith they will find a proper way.

Thank you, Simon, for being you!

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 10:19 PM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

I've been strong and managed to avoid ANY spolier of this episode. happy
I'm so glad I did it! I loved it from beginning to end. Humour and angst were perfectly balanced. But Mossibeca and Bee already summed up pretty well what I think about this finale.
It won unanimous support at home. And even hubby and son both paid compliments to our heros acting talent, particularly Simon's … So it's not just me! biggrin

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 10:30 PM | Message # 41
Fair Dinkum

Quote Evy ()
And "The Mentalist" becomes "Castle"................

Meh… Comparing the "declaration" scene on Castle vs on TM?
Frankly, for me, it's a done deal.

Evy Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 11:08 PM | Message # 42
Fair Dinkum

Quote DS_Pallas ()
Meh… Comparing the "declaration" scene on Castle vs on TM?
Frankly, for me, it's a done deal

I was talking about the future, season 7. wink

Simon has been incredible in this episode. Great talent.

marta75 Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 11:14 PM | Message # 43
Rip Snorter

And the dream come true. Bravo Mr Heller : Jane staging a con to delay Lisbon leaving for DC was a brilliant idea. Simon, Robin, Rockmond, Tim, what a play !
I was delighted, I was laughing, I was happy. Wonderful episode. hands

bunnyt Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 11:25 PM | Message # 44
Jillaroo

WOWWWWW!!!!
Amazing episode!!!I think I'll watch it again and again...fabulous!!!!

hellenna Date: Tuesday, 20-May-14, 2:21 PM | Message # 45
Blow-In

Ahhhhh an episode that you can watch again and again and again till you die...Outstanding performances writing directing
Bravo:))))I "live" for S7:))) biggrin

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz