Saturday, 27-Apr-24, 9:17 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
22 Blue Bird
Evy Date: Wednesday, 21-May-14, 7:18 PM | Message # 61
Fair Dinkum

Quote sylvia5993 ()
I'm in a good place and like that we all can agree to disagree and still be friends.

"Tu l'as dit Bouffie "
(french expression to say : "Well said : I agree tongue tongue tongue )

Wand6122360 Date: Wednesday, 21-May-14, 7:23 PM | Message # 62
Bee's Knees

You guys are all great. Here's hoping for some really good discussions about season 7. I can't wait!

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 21-May-14, 8:14 PM | Message # 63
Bee's Knees

I love it here...it's good to have friends to talk to about this stuff, and be honest with each other's thoughts. And to have such intelligent people taking part in the discussions...it is such a fab place. Thank you Fran for creating this site. And thank you to everybody for sharing and caring.

Guys and gals... you are all Lisbon to my Jane! biggrin wink

Looking forward to season 7, let's hope CBS don't keep us waiting too long.

#ResurrectRedJohn lol. He's not really dead guys, honest! haha teehee

Evy Date: Wednesday, 21-May-14, 10:44 PM | Message # 64
Fair Dinkum

A good analysis (I think) on TV Fanatic that reflects all our thoughts at once intertwined.
Good reading biggrin

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/05/the-mentalist-round-table-blue-bird/

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 21-May-14, 11:26 PM | Message # 65
Fair Dinkum

Great round table. Merci Evy for the link.

marta75 Date: Wednesday, 21-May-14, 11:47 PM | Message # 66
Rip Snorter

I'm ecstatic too, Hayseed.
A few notes : Don't forget The Mentalist is a mixture of drama and comedy. Many good movies are based on clichés especially when it comes to comedies. What is a good comedy ? A good pace and good actors and in this episode it was very successful.

Have you noticed that Simon wrote in Instagram he hoped the fans like Blue Bird ? I find it touching heart

Wand6122360 Date: Wednesday, 21-May-14, 11:51 PM | Message # 67
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the link, Evy. smile It seems that episode gave a lot of people a lot of pleasure. I really do wish Simon would win an award. He really deserves it.

I am grateful for this community because I don't know anyone personally who shares my dedication to this show, and my husband isn't particularly keen on listening to me rave about it and Simon Baker.

Sun Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 1:07 AM | Message # 68
Cobber

I loved this season finale from the first moment till the last. Through 5 1/2 seasons I strictly was against all attempts of "Jisbon-shipping" (I thought them more like brother/sister or good old friends), but slowly through the writing of the last episodes and the acting of Simon and Robin they got me more and more into liking this idea, that they were meant for each other and should end as a loving couple.

But I was wondering how open Bruno Heller would keep this season finale without knowing if there would be a 7th season or not. Traditionally I watch every new episode together with my son (it was him, who brought this series into our house and into my life, I'll be always grateful to him!), but we don't discuss it much as he is 17 years old and not a great talker anyway. He is following the story lines carefully though, complaining about many loose ends (HE wants to know where Kristina Frye ended, I definitely don't). Now, when he saw Jane sitting in this interrogation room gazing a little vacantly into space and Lisbon appeared, my son said, still before the very ending and the kiss: "This is in Jane's imagination now, like his daughter." So, there.

Could he be right? Could this be Heller's way out? We don't see Lisbon enter the room. We see Jane gazing for a very long moment and in the next there she is, sitting down on the other side of the table. It has me thinking now. I have to watch it again (and again and again and...). Well, her last words on the plane were "It's too late." Well, maybe this is the normal reaction of an adolescent confronted with a love scene about to happen while his mother is in the room or it is me, because underneath I’m still not convinced about them being a couple and unsure how this final (?) turn in their relationship would develop in the next episodes?
However, I’ll have a long, long time to think about it until mid-season will start. How terribly long this hiatus will be!

Simon’s acting is so great and Robin's is, too. I held my breath, laughed and cried trough the whole episode!
Finally: When Abbott brought in the letter, I thought it was he, who deliberately wanted to delay Lisbon’s departure to give Jane more time to declare himself.
Anyway, never in my life, I got so involved in a TV series, but with The Mentalist all is different. Here I am, being so very happy for Jane who finally managed to declare his love for Lisbon speaking loudly in front of so many people. And yes, green with envy I would be, too. Well, I am, actually.

Tina Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 9:40 AM | Message # 69
Fair Dinkum

I watched another time, and I'm on the computer now so I can write a little bit more.
I too like it that we can say our opinions here without being attacked. Everybody has different thoughts, and it would be strange if all people like the same or dislike the same. You can't make it right for anybody.

I really loved the episode, all the last episodes, but one thing is bothering me, and that is Lisbon's behavior.
For me it's unacceptable that Jane learns from Cho that she is leaving! After all these years working together, being friends, and she often stated this: "We are friends", she doesn't have the courage to tell him personally. And the excuse she gave him ...yes, it is difficult, but she owed it to Jane to tell him!
And then she blames HIM he doesn't know how to treat people and it's always all about him.
I also think it's very unfair how she acts with Pike. I don't like him, and I didn't want her to be with him, but it was obvious she doesn't love him, she just used him. And then she even wants to go to DC (just to get back at Jane ?). But what really is the most shocking is that she accepts his proposal just because she is mad at Jane. And at the end she just shrugs and say "He'll understand". Well, I don't think he WILL understand, he will be hurt deeply and be very sad, but it seems Lisbon doesn't care a bit about his feelings or Jane's feelings.
And then, when this man finally gets together all his courage, runs after the airplane and tells her in front of all these people that he loves her, she just sits in the airplane saying "It's too late". I really don't get her. I would have jumped out of my seat, hugged him and told him I loved him too.
And at the end, she can't even say "I love you too". But blaming Jane he can't open up and show his feelings. She should first take a look at herself.

Okay, sorry about my rant, I like Lisbon, but these last episodes ....I guess it's just me protecting Jane, because I was always on his side, I understand that he acts like he does, and that it is hard to let love back in his life and to show how he feels. But Lisbon should know him better by now! He had told her before how he cares about her (even said "Love you" before he "shot" her, and he told that she means a lot to him in that scene in the sunset ...that was real, he has often showed her how much he likes her, but has she hasn't said many nice words to him, let him know that she likes him?).

Okay, enough, but that's how I feel and I just needed to say it.

But besides that, I just LOVE the finale, I'm hopelessly romantic and this ending was just perfect for me. Okay, it didn't feel like TM, it was SO different to the whole show, and I have to remind myself that I'm watching really The Mentalist during these last 15 minutes.

I don't expect we see a happy hugging kissing couple in the next season. It's hard for both of them, all new, it is also in the kiss, shy, insecure, it's strange for them and I guess it will be for a long time. They have still a long way to go, and I'm happy we are allowed to go with them. Jane is still Jane, he won't change, and they both haven't had a serious relationship for a long time (well, except Lisbon now with Pike), so it won't be easy.
I can't wait for Season 7, but on the other side I can wait ..watching old episodes during the break and just being happy that I can look forward to new episodes and that it's not over. I really am happy we get this new season!

And I just have to say it again. Abbott is just such a great character! I love him. I hope we get to see much more of him in Season 7. But I wonder why he was supporting Jane so much .....

Evy Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 10:22 AM | Message # 70
Fair Dinkum

Quote Sun ()
my son said, still before the very ending and the kiss: "This is in Jane's imagination now, like his daughter." So, there.

Could he be right? Could this be Heller's way out?

Wow ! Very interesting suggestion ! If he was right, the fans would be very angry against B. Heller, who had given them the end they wanted suspect

Fran Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 12:30 PM | Message # 71
Fair Dinkum

Sun, I think the idea of Jane imagining the Lisbon encounter is very interesting, and one that would never have occurred to me. I think its a viable scenario although personally I don’t believe it’s true - partly because there was no dodgy tea involved and partly because I don’t think they would want to backtrack and upset so many people. It kind of reminds me of the ‘Bobby in the shower’ incident in Dallas and that didn’t go down well.

Tina, thanks so much for your comments about Lisbon. I’ve been feeling similarly dissatisfied with Lisbon’s behaviour for a while now, to the extent that at times I’ve even been feeling that she’s not worthy of Jane, that he deserves better. There have been so many little things that have irritated me, that I couldn’t quite work out the main reasons I was feeling that way. You’ve expressed it perfectly and I find myself agreeing with everything you say. So I have to remind myself that when the going gets tough, she’s always been there for him, and I suppose that’s why, in the absence of a better soulmate for him, I’m happy to see them as a couple.

I also agree with you about Abbott, I think he’s brilliant and a very valuable addition to the show. My favourite character (and actor) after Jane.

Tassie Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 1:22 PM | Message # 72
Bee's Knees

Haven't even seen the last episode yet, but being unable to wait for next Tuesday have been reading all your comments with great interest. Why is it that Simon always seems to end up with women who behave in this way towards him (I mean in his acting roles). It was the same in The Guardian. They demand so much of him and give so little in return-I've never forgiven Lulu for the way she treated him. Anyway I haven't much liked Theresa's behaviour either in the past few weeks, and in a way I wish they had remained just good friends, although that might change when I actually see ep.22. I just always feel so much for the characters Simon plays, and want to protect him from getting hurt. Of course there could be an element of extreme jealousy in there somewhere. wacko

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 1:54 PM | Message # 73
Fair Dinkum

Don't you think - especially in the end - this Jane/Lisbon banter here looks so easy and natural, that it is more a Baker/Tunney banter? Because we know Robin is engaged and should marry her fiance this summer… Just thinking.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Thursday, 22-May-14, 1:59 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 2:20 PM | Message # 74
Bee's Knees

Re comments above about Lisbon... Lisbon's statement that Pike would understand mirrored what Pike said about Jane in the previous episode. I took that as the show's way of telling us that Lisbon had woken up to the fact that Pike was not the ideal man she had tried telling herself that he was. I got the impression she was angry with Pike, and finally defending Patrick... Perhaps Pike had shown his true colours when she told him he she wasn't coming to DC. Perhaps Lisbon had just woken up to the reality of what she had been planning and of how shallow her relationship with Pike really was. She had been reacting against Jane rather than truly moving towards Pike.

As for Lisbon's irrationally bad behaviour towards Jane, I hated it as well. I wrote it down to anger at Jane (subconscious?) for not revealing his feelings. As Robin said in one interview, Lisbon began to think that perhaps her thoughts about Jane's feelings were in her imagination. And truth be told, Patrick did use her terribly on several occasions, taking her dedication to him for granted. .....Who among us hasn't done stupid things, especially when our love life is involved? Lisbon deserved the opportunity to do something stupid for a change.

Perhaps Lisbon will get a chance to explain herself in season 7.

Tina Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 2:37 PM | Message # 75
Fair Dinkum

Tassie, I was mad about Lulu in TG, too. I will never get over this and it bothers me everytime I watch TG. She didn't deserve him. Strange is that she was nice first and then from one moment to the other she acted unfriendly and cold for no reason. The way she treated Nick was horrible. He should have stayed with that police woman, she was the only one who took him like he was, and he was never so easy with anybody else.

But we are talking TM here. I really like Lisbon, just these few things in the last time bother me. I hope she will act different now and I'm really happy about how the season ended. There is no other woman who can make Jane happy, and he sure deserves to find happiness. She has done a lot for him, covered up for him in the past, did things not okay for an "officer of the law" just to help him, and I love her for that. I just don't understand how she can hurt him so much and act like she did in these last months.

We'll see what the future brings. I just love this show. I can't even say in words how happy I am that we will get at least 13 more episodes.

As for Abbott, right now he really is my favorite No. 2 character, too. I already liked Rockmond Dunbar in Prison Break, but in TM he is even better!
I hope they stay that way to fucus more on him than Fisher. In the first episodes his part was way too short.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz