Thursday, 02-May-24, 9:22 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
22 Blue Bird
June Date: Monday, 26-May-14, 1:55 PM | Message # 91
Bee's Knees

After reading all your comments, I think they shot the scenes of Simon jumping and unfortunately spraining his ankle before the others. So they had to use his double.

Tina Date: Monday, 26-May-14, 2:25 PM | Message # 92
Fair Dinkum

Poor Simon!

Evy, cute new avatar!

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 26-May-14, 4:37 PM | Message # 93
Bee's Knees

And he kept on going. This is what he meat with "Australian work Ethic" in the interview.

Juney Date: Monday, 26-May-14, 4:40 PM | Message # 94
Bee's Knees

Haven't seen the last episode yet. Was the kiss the last scene?

Evy Date: Monday, 26-May-14, 5:06 PM | Message # 95
Fair Dinkum

Quote Juney ()
Haven't seen the last episode yet. Was the kiss the last scene?

Juney : Do you really want to get spoiler ??? dont

Juney Date: Tuesday, 27-May-14, 6:07 PM | Message # 96
Bee's Knees

No not really. It's on tonight.

marta75 Date: Wednesday, 28-May-14, 8:40 PM | Message # 97
Rip Snorter

So Juney, what did you think about Blue Bird : are you in shock ? cool

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 29-May-14, 1:23 AM | Message # 98
Bee's Knees

Since season 6 is over, what did all you mentalistas think. Which direction do you want the 7th half season to go? Maybe we can open up a discussion among us fans and keep busy until next January.

Juney Date: Thursday, 29-May-14, 10:11 AM | Message # 99
Bee's Knees

Actually Marta, I confess that I was disappointed with the episode. This felt more like a comedy than a serious show. Everything was so rushed from the opening crime where PJ was condescending to the sheriff (so what's new), didn't concentrate on the crime but solved it just by a quick glance and up to the solving of the main murder when everything ended in chaos. The usually main characters seemed to be no more than bit parts, Cho, Abbot, Fisher etc. The kiss was an 'aah' moment but the whole episode looked almost as if it was a 'let's get this finished and we can be home by tea time' effort maybe because everyone thought that this would be the last one.

Sorry folks, but I'm still looking forward to the next series, although I'm still not a shipper and who knows what will happen.

Message edited by Juney - Thursday, 29-May-14, 11:07 AM

Tassie Date: Thursday, 29-May-14, 8:41 PM | Message # 100
Bee's Knees

I agree with you Juney. Although I thought the acting between Robin @ Simon (especially Simon) in the more tender moments was awesome, the whole episode was a bit chaotic for me. Like you I wish they had remained good friends, but Juney I always get the feeling that TM -no matter how good-will never compare to The Guardian for you.

Juney Date: Friday, 30-May-14, 4:27 PM | Message # 101
Bee's Knees

Tassie, you are right of course, but even with TG I didn't like parts - mostly those with Lulu in I have to admit. I also agree that the acting in the finale of TM was brilliant and am pleased to find another non-shipper on this site, I think we are in the minority. I don't know why it is, after all I want PJ to be happy but I don't think the Jane/Lisbon chemistry was there for romance but just a really great friendship. Oh well it looks as if we are going to have to wait until January at the very least to find out how things work out. Can we really wait that long? cry

Evy Date: Friday, 30-May-14, 4:58 PM | Message # 102
Fair Dinkum

Quote Juney ()
am pleased to find another non-shipper on this site, I think we are in the minority.

Juney :if you read again the commentaries posted, you will notice that there are more non-shipper than you think and people who did not enjoy the episode (even if we are a minority)) teehee

Message edited by Evy - Friday, 30-May-14, 4:59 PM

AgentM Date: Friday, 30-May-14, 5:17 PM | Message # 103
Bee's Knees

Yeah, Juney. I'm definitely a non-shipper (who knew?! lol)

I really hope that the relationship - now that they've put it out there - is kept in the background and the focus is on the cases and Jane's antics. Hope it doesn't become all about them being together (like Castle, whose plots seem to have been centring around the 'wedding' with the cases seeming to be incidental).

I definitely believe they genuinely thought this was going to be the end - and now the writers have to scramble to figure out how to get around it. -- Just hope they don't resort to the number 1 no-no of writing and have it all turn out to be a dream. I really don't think they'll go down that road, but then I was the one who didn't think they would take the easy, lazy option of putting the two leads together!

Only time will tell. Just know this - you are absolutely not alone! biggrin

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 30-May-14, 6:53 PM | Message # 104
Bee's Knees

I don't really think of it as a lazy option for putting the 2 leads together. If The Mentalist is about Patrick Jane's journey, then I'm glad it includes growing enough to be able to love again, and I would much rather it was Lisbon than some new character. So I am a shipper, but I definitely don't want to see the kind of crap they do on Bones, which I used to watch, and likely Castle, which I've never watched. But whatever the writers do, I have a feeling that Tunney and Baker will treat it with maturity.

bee Date: Friday, 30-May-14, 8:19 PM | Message # 105
Fair Dinkum

For me the endgame was always going to be Jane and Lisbon as a couple. Perhaps this was not intended in the beginning but as Bruno has said in interview the friendship that has grown over the years between Simon and Robin in real life has contributed, to some extent, to the development of Jane and Lisbon's characters in TM. If perhaps Simon and Robin hadn't got on so well in real life then their characters may have developed in a completely different direction, who can tell. The series has always been about Patrick Jane's journey after the tragic deaths of his wife and daughter and how he has coped (or not) and throughout that time Lisbon has played a major part in his journey and is the only one he trusts completely and who he has let see his vulnerable side and who truly understands him. As a viewer, and to see a fitting end to Jane's story, I personally need to see Jane finally find closure from his past, come full circle and find he is able to love, and be loved, again and in the short time we have left I cannot imagine it to be with anyone else but Lisbon.

Everyone has their own opinion on the subject of course, and that's how it should be, but I definitely don't think it was the lazy option but something that transpired gradually over the course of six great seasons and if anyone can make it believable it will be Simon.

Message edited by bee - Friday, 30-May-14, 8:53 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz