Thursday, 02-May-24, 2:21 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
22 Blue Bird
jazz Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 3:11 PM | Message # 76
Surfie

Quote Wand6122360 ()
Lisbon's statement that Pike would understand mirrored what Pike said about Jane in the previous episode

But Pike said it as a question not a statement so I think that makes it completely different.

Thrill Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 3:24 PM | Message # 77
Dinkie-Di

Heaps of interesting discussion. Remember Lisbon is herself very damaged and has trust issues and has always burried hefself in her work. Would Jane really have been attracted to anyone who was without their own emotional baggage - in any case they probably wouldn't have been single!!!

It all adds to the drama - characters not doing necessarily what is obvious or logical... "how could you not realise"......"why didn't you do...." and so on.

I had wondered why Lisbon hadn't taken the initiative and told Jane how she felt - but that wouldn't have worked as he had to get to the point where he could acknowledge his feelings and I think maybe she knew that - was she playing the long con on him - with Pike (as an unwitting prop - she wasn't looking for romance and suddenly jumped at the chance to date him - not like Mashburn who Jane encouraged he to date).

I was also never a shipper - go back and look at the Palyfest interview again where Simon very eloquently denies it. But there was always an undercurrent. Its almost like they have been playing out a whole relationship - support for each other - fighting/disagreeing - making up - without any physical contact - for years - going deeper and deeper emotionally - until they hit a wall - maybe Lisbon realised first??? She had to force Jane to confront his feelings - like he never possibly did even with Angela - who was it who said "you were having too much fun (being a mentalist) - making too much money - you couldn't stop even though you could hear Angela begging you not to" (the Irish guy in S5?).

When all is said I enjoyed sitting back and watching it all unfold without over analysing (I have watched it 3 times now!). I was living the emotions - which is the power of superb acting. I have to confess I would also happily have been Robins standing (you know to get lighting right etc.......) Sigh....

ps do you realise that between TG and TM we have at least 100 hours of actual SIMON scene time (I recon on 30 mins per episode......) Plenty to while away the long winter ahead - roll on spring......

Thrill Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 3:27 PM | Message # 78
Dinkie-Di

ps I think Abbot is a great addition - a very good foil for Jane - and he has a lovely rich voice.

Actually I just love all the cons they have been pulling in TM 2.0 - and an excuse to dress up and be different characters. !!!

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 3:43 PM | Message # 79
Bee's Knees

Your point about Pike having stated it as a question is a valid one, jillaroo, that I chose to ignore because I didn't watch the previous episode too carefully because I hated the ending so much. Nevertheless, there must be some significance to the fact that the show repeated the same phrase 2 episodes in a row. I really really hated Pike, so I am very biased, and would love to hear another interpretation. From my biased point of view, I guess you could say Pike was pretending to be solicitous of Jane when he posted it as a question.

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 4:36 PM | Message # 80
Bee's Knees

We have a long wait ahead to see how it played out. Maybe Jane will have new clothes. Maybe Theresa will actually call him Patrick. Or they'll settle in as "mom and dad" which was alluded to by someone who saw them through Rigsby and Van Pelt's eyes as bickering parents. I just hope we get solid cases without all the clichés. One thing I can say for season 6, it was a roller coaster .

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 22-May-14, 4:41 PM | Message # 81
Bee's Knees

You're right about season 6, sylvia. Was it truly all in this past season that Patrick killed Red John, spent 2 years away, joined the FBI, had to endure Lisbon's boyfriend, and then declared his own love? It's amazingly unbelievable, and I can't wait to buy the DVD.

Ivana Date: Friday, 23-May-14, 1:06 AM | Message # 82
Fair Dinkum

I am such a hypocrite. I find that Blue Bird is cheesy but I cought myself watching it over and over with smile on my face. I guess that, in spite the old cynic in me, I am just happy that Jane has finaly came out of neutral allowing himself to freely live and love again and maybe even forgive himself eventually. He is now on the good path to redemption and I am happy for him.

As for the cheesy part, I belive that it was complitely intentional to be over the top (it was supposed to be the end of the series, and as Jane said: "It could be our last case together, nothing can be too nice") and it was executed superbly by eveyone, especially by Simon, and I am grateful for that.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 23-May-14, 10:22 AM | Message # 83
Fair Dinkum

Quote Ivana ()
As for the cheesy part, I belive that it was complitely intentional to be over the top (it was supposed to be the end of the series, and as Jane said: "It could be our last case together, nothing can be too nice") and it was executed superbly by eveyone, especially by Simon, and I am grateful for that.

Agreeing 200%!! tongue

June Date: Saturday, 24-May-14, 7:41 PM | Message # 84
Bee's Knees

I guess you noticed that the double of Simon appeared in some scenes: looking at the flight information and running immediately, jumping the fence and running to stop the plane. From the front is Simon, from the back is his double. Could anyone tell me why if there was no danger or risk for Simon doing that? I don't find any explanation.

By the way, Most Romantic Finale, and the winner is...

http://www.tvfanatic.com/slidesh....omantic

Message edited by June - Saturday, 24-May-14, 9:58 PM

Evy Date: Sunday, 25-May-14, 5:05 PM | Message # 85
Fair Dinkum

Do you remember this interview of Robin at "Festival de Monte Carlo" last year ?

Robin Tunney in "The Mentalist" would "embrace Simon Baker, at least once!"
http://www.20minutes.fr/televis....n-rouge

Question : Peut-on s’attendre à une histoire d’amour entre vous et Simon Baker ? Le souhaitez-vous ?
Robin : «Je pense qu’il y en a déjà une, bien qu’elle soit platonique, et non romantique. Une partie de moi trouverait d’ailleurs cela assez beau que cela reste ainsi –car Bruno Heller ne m’a pas dit quelle tournure la relation prendrait.»
Mais… «Une autre partie de moi se dit : Ah, il est tellement beau! Après tant d’années, on pourrait quand même s’embrasser. Au moins une fois! Quoique maintenant, ce serait comme embrasser mon frère.»

Question : Can we expect a love story between you and Simon Baker ? Do you want ?
Robin : "I think there already is one, although it is platonic, not romantic. A part of me also find it beautiful it that way -because Bruno Heller did not tell me what the relationship would turn. "
But ... "Another part of me says : Ah, he's so beautiful ! After so many years, you could still kissing. At least once! Though now it would be like kissing my brother. "

Evy Date: Sunday, 25-May-14, 6:08 PM | Message # 86
Fair Dinkum

Quote June ()
I guess you noticed that the double of Simon appeared in some scenes: looking at the flight information and running immediately, jumping the fence and running to stop the plane. From the front is Simon, from the back is his double. Could anyone tell me why if there was no danger or risk for Simon doing that? I don't find any explanation.

I think it's for convenience : If we don't see Simon's face, it isn't interesting.

Especially for you June : two screenshots wink

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 25-May-14, 6:08 PM

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 25-May-14, 6:12 PM | Message # 87
Bee's Knees

Also, didn't Baker sprain his ankle? Maybe that's also why the running scenes weren't him. I figure the climbing the fence scenes would always be the stunt double.

marta75 Date: Sunday, 25-May-14, 9:55 PM | Message # 88
Rip Snorter

It's obvious Simon sprained his ankle before shooting the scene from the airport and that's why they had to use his stunt double because he couldn't run et climb the fence very easily

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 25-May-14, 11:56 PM | Message # 89
Bee's Knees

As per Ms Swallow, Simon did sprain his ankle jumping the fence, they probably had to use his stunt double to reshoot it and for the running after, they do shoot each scene from different angles and several times to get it just right. Maybe I misread her tweet, but it does look genuine when he lands and utters a expletive.

Evy Date: Monday, 26-May-14, 10:11 AM | Message # 90
Fair Dinkum

Simon really jumped and sprained his ankle (as tweeted Emily Swallow)

I made this :

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 22 Blue Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz