Friday, 19-Apr-24, 7:15 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 13 White Orchids (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
13 White Orchids
Tina Date: Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 5:46 PM | Message # 76
Fair Dinkum

Not boring at all DS! And I agree with what you wrote.

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 5:50 PM | Message # 77
Bee's Knees

DSP, you captured my thoughts perfectly. I especially agree with comparing the storyline to real life. There are no fixed principles as to how a real life should proceed. To me, the ending was a success because the show was able to convince me that the evolution of Jane and Lisbon was real. As for the baby scene, I think it was important because it showed just how far Jane had gone in his return to life. He was truly overjoyed by the news, and did not display any of the existential trauma of his earlier years.

June Date: Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 5:56 PM | Message # 78
Bee's Knees

DS, I couldn't agree more with you. That's life.

Message edited by June - Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 6:00 PM

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 10:18 PM | Message # 79
Bee's Knees

I hear what you're saying DS...I know real life can throw up some cliches...(my own life included!) I just believe that there were too many for the last two episodes - especially the last one. I know I called Jane 'wimpy and wet' - and I stand by that for some of the scenes - but I do also know how courageous he has been and how difficult it has been for him to learn to love and trust again (believe me, my own life has run parallel to his on that score). I just really didn't like the longing looks that he and Lisbon kept exchanging - previously I loved it when they didn't have to say anything to communicate feelings but somehow it changed when they were put together as a couple.

I'm not romantically dead, as some may perceive from my comments - I just hate it when favourite shows get rail-roaded into following the same path of predictability -and it seems to happen mostly to the American shows that I've been a fan of. Just once, I would like the writers to go against the grain and not just go along with the demands of networks and an audience who think they want the fairytale ending.

I am absolutely gutted that they had to take this route with The Mentalist, and I blame CBS a lot for what became of probably the best TV show to grace our screens in a very long time. At the moment, it feels as if the last season has ruined the whole show for me - and that is a painful confession to make - it may be a while before I can watch from the beginning again, now that I know how it ends. I know that sounds a bit melodramatic - but that was how much I loved the show...it was a passion. I fear that the enjoyment I had from watching the sparks and the tension between Jane and Lisbon in those earlier seasons has now been tainted.

I know so many of you are satisfied, even contented, with the ending and I'm happy for you in that you have been rewarded with the outcome you desired and respect your thoughts on that - sadly, it just wasn't what I desired. sad

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 10:34 PM | Message # 80
Fair Dinkum

Hey dear M, it's just a show after all…

I know you're not romantically dead, I understand what you mean, and I agree about what you say about american TV shows. Yes we can blame CBS and WB, and those f*cking ratings.

I'm sorry you were disappointed, really, because it proves how much you have loved this show and those characters.
It's true amazing how we can become attached to fictional characters!
Maybe you can write your own version of the ending you would have like to watch on your screen? please, don't say you'll never write TM fan fictions anymore? sad

Tina Date: Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 10:50 PM | Message # 81
Fair Dinkum

That's what I thought too AgentM. DS made a good suggestion
Maybe you could write the ending you wanted for TM. It is strange how attached one can become on fictional characters. I know that I could have never recovered from a sad ending with one of them dying or seeing Jane in tragedy. This would have ruined it for me and I could have never really enjoyed watching TM again. I hope you will keep on loving Patrick Jane....even if you are not happy with the ending. For me it was just perfect even though I really wasn't a shipper til season 6. It just felt right for me in the end, even when I was angry with Lisbon quite some times ...but I would love to read your version of the end.

kim Date: Tuesday, 03-Mar-15, 11:58 PM | Message # 82
Bee's Knees

Agent M- i agree with you on the point that the network influence in the show was heavy handed. I think that certainly network executives dictated the direction in the end. They left the show hanging at the end of last season very late before the renewal. I think that it put a big burden on the writers to come up with a moving and compelling short season. CBS had a great thing going in the Mentalist and they let it slip away because of some arbitrary ratings in the US market. Ultimately though tv is a business and the fans don't get to be satisfied all the time.

I am very happy with the ending. It would have been very hard for me to go back and watch the shows again if it had ended differently. I am feeling so sad for you. I hope that you can go back and watch earlier episodes at some point. I would also love to read some fan fiction if you were to write it!

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 8:31 PM | Message # 83
Bee's Knees

Thanks, guys smile I know it's only a TV show, but there is so little decent stuff to watch on TV these days that I tend to get really attached to the good ones. I still love the character of Patrick Jane - like I would love a brother who may be in a relationship with someone I don't approve of! I won't turn my back on him or disown him, but I may give him the silent treatment for a short time lol. tongue

I haven't discounted the possibility of writing my own version - I most likely will but I have a few other Mentalist fanfics to complete before I get to that point! I'm still currently working on the one that follows on from 'To Catch A Red Eye' (the one where Jane finally gets Red John - my version). I haven't done a re-boot as Rigsby and Van Pelt are still around, as is the CBI! The only problem I have at the moment is time to do it! Fear not, my lovely friends, I'm hopeful that my Mentalist Mojo will return...After all, they do say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder...' wink

Tina Date: Wednesday, 04-Mar-15, 9:27 PM | Message # 84
Fair Dinkum

I'm looking forward to reading your TM fanfic, AgentM, but also to a new book. Please let us know as soon as you publish something again!
Maybe...someday...Simon could act and direct a book written by you. Please please invite me to a set visit then rolleyes

kim Date: Sunday, 08-Mar-15, 7:39 PM | Message # 85
Bee's Knees

Another article about the finale: http://masterherald.com/euphori....24

Tina Date: Monday, 09-Mar-15, 9:00 AM | Message # 86
Fair Dinkum

Thank you kim smile
Nice article.

Fran Date: Sunday, 15-Mar-15, 11:57 AM | Message # 87
Fair Dinkum

Thanks to BasqueCountryEuskeraz & @Aleee_O

http://teleprograma.fotogramas.es/series-....talista

June Date: Thursday, 19-Mar-15, 7:21 PM | Message # 88
Bee's Knees

Next Wednesday is the day, the last episode of The Mentalist in Spain. I've watched the finale more than once but for me, that means that there will be not The Mentalist anymore, no more waiting for the next episode promo, it's done. sad

angel Date: Saturday, 02-May-15, 4:54 PM | Message # 89
Cobber

epis 12 Wow the episode really creeped me out in a brilliant way. My god even Lazarus had his moments when he even outdid RedJohn. Kudos to the actor a brilliant performance especially when with simon. Very appropriate now the name considering what he was after. Sad in a way that he was trying to find a real psychic to communicate with his dad. You nearly felt sorry for him. Jane when he had to go on tv as psychic again and Lisbon really scared for him. Well done scene. But when Jane talking to Lazarus on radio show even his voice creeped me out. But the outside scene jane talking to lisbon worrying she is alone at airstream was so tense then it turns out he was after jane and the smash up omg my heart pumping. Can i say agent tork was wonderful. Had the series gone on i would have liked him there. made such an impression in last 2 episodes. The show really brough on some great characters. The whole scenes in Lazarus house with jane chained up and killer wanting to talk to the spirit n jane playing him along and searching the room to find his dad dead body. Oh lord i jumped. Worse then Norman Bates. Jane doing his thing with the reading brilliant then the set up for the explosion and Lisbon coming in to save him. Also kudos Robin on her interrogation of one of the blood groups she just charges in and just crushes it big time saying she will tell everyone about his secret. That was pure Lisbon angry and scared she may lose jane and would do anything. Cho and abbott behind her all the way. Love how cho wants wylie to stay as he feels not good enough. Love the slap on the head. Brilliant episode.

epis 13 What can i say. Total change of pace as this is more lighthearted sad and fun. So love jane explanation of the ring and what lisbon means to him and his proposal. beautiful. Love how jane looking for a ring for Lisbon is still working and catches the owner trying to switch a couples ring and manages to get a deal out of it. He says ' if i see any glass the cuffs come out'. Abbott n cho deciding wether to tell jane n lisbon that Lazarus is after jane but in end abbott had a beautiful heart to heart with jane and he quickly caught him out but abbott turns round to confess. Jane loves abbott so sweet and hugs him. Truly lovely scene. Now lisbon and cho wedding dress shopping had me in hysterics with cho quips of each dress. Can i say the banter between jane n lisbon here was just brilliant. I could not stop laughing they were so in sync with each other. Brilliant. In the background another brilliant performance actor playing Lazarus on his search for jane even though he burned half of himself it was like nothing. Lisbon slowly trying organise small wedding and gets bigger and she gets more dismayed. Loved her family on laptop messing about and fab see rigsby n van pelt. Poor lisbon breaking down and jane trying to calm her and they decide to just go off to marry but it was really a rouse to catch lazarus and the scene when he comes in house and all team there catch him. Jane quickly takes lisbon gun and takes her away to get married like all in a days work. The final wedding scene was just beautiful and perfect. What i loved was this finale was not wam bam in your face but just right and perfectly done. OMG cannot believed they played one of my fave songs at end Earth Wind N Fire September which is a song that just makes me happy. Perfect and all the team dancing even the crew there. The final scene lisbon telling jane she is pregnant and camera slowly pans away when they hug. This is a true finale. It has got to be one of the best finale i have ever seen. Which made it more sad when it ended but left me so happy when it did. Cannot express anymore the joy of this episode. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant. Will so miss the episode and cannot wait for the dvd. Please let there be specials on it

Juney Date: Sunday, 03-May-15, 4:57 PM | Message # 90
Bee's Knees

I still only felt that they were very good friends not lovers (just like Simon and Robin)- I didn't feel any sexual chemistry between them at all. Having said that I loved his smile of happiness at the end. As you will have guessed I was never a shipper.

By the way did she ever get that engagement ring? I thought we were going to see him putting it on her finger, but we didn't see a wedding ring exchange either. I wonder if that scene ended up on the cutting room floor.

Message edited by Juney - Sunday, 03-May-15, 5:01 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 13 White Orchids (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz