Friday, 29-Mar-24, 4:29 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 13 White Orchids (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
13 White Orchids
Tassie Date: Sunday, 03-May-15, 7:12 PM | Message # 91
Bee's Knees

I wasn't a shipper either Juney, and wished they had just remained as dear friends and colleagues. His smile was so joyful, but couldn't help wondering if it was because he was free to do something different in his life. I was sad that TM ended, but mostly because I wouldn't be seeing Simon on a regular basis.

Juney Date: Tuesday, 05-May-15, 3:37 PM | Message # 92
Bee's Knees

Quote Tassie ()
His smile was so joyful, but couldn't help wondering if it was because he was free to do something different in his life.

I wondered that too Tassie. It's been part of his life for so long that it could just be relief. Although he will now have to think about earning and putting the boys through school, university etc.

redbird Date: Tuesday, 05-May-15, 4:11 PM | Message # 93
Dinkie-Di

Juney: I don't think Simon has to worry about working to earn a living ever again. He was one of the top earning actors on TV during the 7 years that TM was on the air. According to Forbes, he made $11 million dollars just in 2014 alone from his TM salary and his endorsements. He's now at a point in his career that he only has to do work that he wants to do and if he doesn't want to work for a couple of years, he doesn't need to. That's a nice place to be in life.

He's got more than enough money to pay for college for the boys.

Juney Date: Tuesday, 05-May-15, 4:34 PM | Message # 94
Bee's Knees

I guess your right redbird. I just hope that he doesn't just disappear from our lives like so many 'stars' do when their long running series finish.

redbird Date: Tuesday, 05-May-15, 5:34 PM | Message # 95
Dinkie-Di

He's just not the guy that has to take whatever roles he's offered because he has a wife and kids to support anymore. He's a huge star now all over the world and he's made the kind of money usually associated with a star. His days of having to worry about how to pay the mortgage are over.

I think we'll see him periodically for the next 5 years - that would be when Harry goes off to college - whenever he has a movie coming out but after that, unfortunately, I don't think we'll see much of him again. I have a feeling that once the last kid has left the nest, he and Rebecca will spend their time traveling the world and trying to be a private couple. As sad as it is to think about, I don't think we'll ever see him in anything as intimate and continuous as a TV show ever again. That's why I was so sad to see The Mentalist come to an end.

Message edited by redbird - Tuesday, 05-May-15, 5:36 PM

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 05-May-15, 10:10 PM | Message # 96
Fair Dinkum

Oh, I do hope you are wrong redbird, he is too talented not to have a long and successful movie career, both as an actor and director.

redbird Date: Tuesday, 05-May-15, 11:28 PM | Message # 97
Dinkie-Di

He could become a huge movie star. He certainly has the talent but, by choice, he's never been a big box office kind of actor. He likes small indie films rather than big blockbusters because he had more creative freedom. And after spending 7 years of having the kind of creative freedom that he had on TM, I just don't see him being willing to reign in his creativity to take on the kind of roles that could make him a huge movie star. Even if that did happen, I don't think we'd see that much of him. Think about all of the huge movie stars today - we only see a project from them every couple of years or so. The rest of the time they're trying to live private lives away from the public spotlight.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 01-Jun-15, 11:58 AM | Message # 98
Fair Dinkum

REVIEWBRAIN'S BLOG:
Mentalist Finale Brown Shag Carpet-White Orchids Review by bloomingviolet2013

https://reviewbrain.wordpress.com/2015....-review

Hayseed Date: Friday, 04-Sep-15, 3:14 PM | Message # 99
Bee's Knees

Sadly I agree that I doubt we'll ever be graced by Baker on our TV screen every week, ever again. I can't blame him. If he doesn't need the money, he is right to only do roles/projects that challenge him artistically.

He gave us 7 great seasons of TM, so I feel I can't be greedy. I'll have to be content to watch whatever stuff he does, as it becomes available.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 13 White Orchids (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz