Friday, 29-Mar-24, 3:54 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Discussion
JudeBlue Date: Thursday, 05-May-11, 1:36 PM | Message # 16
Cobber

Hello alibongo!

hello

Region 2 TG DVDs are hard to come by aren't they?

Watching one week at a time is a bit frustrating (to say the least).

JudeBlue Date: Monday, 09-May-11, 1:45 PM | Message # 17
Cobber

So this week we had Nick with the flowers, the boyfriend turns up, he dumps the flowers but then later on in the week he picks them up again and has another go. Brian has proposed.

Poor Nick.

Fran Date: Monday, 09-May-11, 7:03 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

Oh yes, poor Nick - made me want to weep . And once again Lulu was so insensitive.

I think it was round about now that I really started to like Barbara - her friendship with Nick was so genuine.

JudeBlue Date: Monday, 16-May-11, 4:26 PM | Message # 19
Cobber

Oh yes Barbara's lovely, I'd love her to get together with Jake but that's not likely.

I don't understand Nick's infatuation with Lulu, she doesn't strike me as an overly attractive personality - but Simon plays the part so well. The look in his eyes when he looks at her........................

alibongo Date: Thursday, 19-May-11, 8:50 AM | Message # 20
Ankle Biter

I would love to see it back, but a few years later, with Nick in charge. they could still have some brill stories, even have them move to LA or somerwhere. we can but dream. Trouble is simon would be worn out because he would still have to make the mentalist as well. ( Iknow i'm being greedy, but Simon in a suit is just yummy LOL)

JudeBlue Date: Saturday, 11-Jun-11, 9:34 PM | Message # 21
Cobber

So, Lulu and Nick have now kissed in what was to be her new home.

I'm expecting her to call off the wedding. (I'm almost a psychic, LOL.)

I do hope the second season follows straight on from this one.

Fran Date: Sunday, 12-Jun-11, 7:31 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

Jude, surely you've learnt by now that nothing ever goes that smoothly for poor Nick weep

I just happened to catch the episode on 5USA 1.21 Chinese Wall. I think its a brilliant episode, but infuriating as well. One minute Lulu is telling Nick that she thinks they should avoid seeing eachother, then the first opportunity she gets she's asking him for help. This is Lulu all over, very good at taking but not much good at giving anything back. At least Laurie can see that Nick is the vulnerable one here.

I think this episode builds nicely towards the Season 1 Finale. And we see many aspects of Nick - embarrassed but so sweet with Lulu's grandmother, hopelessly devoted to Lulu, hurt and angry at Burton's actions and ruthless (deservedly so) with the senator's sidekick and with Jake.

I think I'm gonna have to re-watch the Season 1 finale followed by Season 2 while The Mentalist is on a break yes

JudeBlue Date: Monday, 13-Jun-11, 0:17 AM | Message # 23
Cobber

Lulu's a horrible woman - saying that Nick was her 'bachelorette party'.

On a plus side Nick looked fabulous in an electric blue shirt.

love

FallinFan Date: Monday, 13-Jun-11, 12:49 PM | Message # 24
Blow-In

I enjoy the Guardian so much, plenty of emotional rollercoasters and "what will happen next" moments. It gave me quite a few sleepless nights.

Lulu winds me up, but I admit that's pure jealousy, it's been far too long since I was able to fit into clothes that skinny.

My niece refused to watch it because Simon's character didn't smile very much, but I did try to explain that Nick is pretty gorgeous even when he's Mr Grumpy.

Fran Date: Friday, 24-Jun-11, 1:31 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

My goodness, this show is so addictive. In one of my sane moments I calmly decided to watch an episode a day of Season 2 which I haven't seen for a while. Then yesterday I ended up watching 3 episodes back-to-back, I couldn't stop myself.

FallinFan, I'm sure Nick smiles more during Season 2, I think it was a command from the powers that be at CBS biggrin We certainly see a bit more of the fun side of Nick when he's with Kim - all the being a sex object banter is so cute.

Juney Date: Monday, 01-Aug-11, 11:22 AM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

Lulu really spoiled the series for me. She didn't want Nick but didn't want to let him go. She came on to him and still went on to marry Brian. New story lines could have been introduced if the writers had let her go to California. I hope that isn't a spoiler! They stopped after series 1 on 5USA once again. Programmers are seriously weird.

Fran Date: Monday, 01-Aug-11, 1:13 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

Hi Juney. Although I was often infuriated by the Lulu situation I was kind of fascinated too. But I would have loved to see a 4th season, maybe a few years on like Alibongo suggested, so that I could see Nick find and settle down with a woman who deserved him. In my mind, that's what happened biggrin

5USA seem to be showing Season 1 again starting with Ep 3 at 6pm weekdays starting 8th August - very strange unsure

bluemoon_999 Date: Saturday, 15-Oct-11, 12:39 PM | Message # 28
Blow-In

I watched a few clips on Youtube and I am totally hooked. Awesome story and acting. Now I love Nick as much as Jane cool I found The Guardian DVDs region 1 on Amazon. Anyone can tell me if they play on any computers? They don't play on European DVD players, right? Thanks.

Fran Date: Sunday, 16-Oct-11, 10:51 AM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

Quote (bluemoon_999)
I found The Guardian DVDs region 1 on Amazon. Anyone can tell me if they play on any computers? They don't play on European DVD players, right? Thanks.

From my experience Region 1 DVDs will only play on European DVD players that play all regions and many of them are set up to play Region 2 only. Also European TVs use PAL format by default, so your TV needs to be able to play NTSC format as well.

I've got a Region 1 version of 'Sunset Strip' and that plays OK on my computer, but I think it does depend on what software/settings you have. Mine plays using Intervideo WinDVD.

bluemoon_999 Date: Monday, 17-Oct-11, 12:44 PM | Message # 30
Blow-In

Thanks for your reply. Season 1 is on its way. Hope I can play it somehow. Amazon Uk did not seem to allow shipment of the complete series to Germany at one time. Hope it would work if I order them one by one wacko

Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz