Friday, 26-Apr-24, 9:28 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Discussion
June Date: Monday, 17-Oct-11, 4:33 PM | Message # 31
Bee's Knees

I don't understand why "The Guardian" is not released on dvd in Europe. I love this series as much as "The Mentalist" and I'm sure I'm not the only one. In US it was released using the success of "The Mentalist", why don't they make the same thing in here?
The distribution rights in Europe are from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (according to wikipedia), I'm going to write them asking about that. Maybe if they receive many e-mails, they change their mind, don't you think? We can try!

Tassie Date: Monday, 17-Oct-11, 5:07 PM | Message # 32
Bee's Knees

I bought the 'Guardian' complete series from USA and it plays on my DVD player, which is a very basic one. I've been told that sometimes the cheaper players play all area dvds and this is certainly true in my case. I've purchased quite a few 'Simon' related films from America and so far they have all been ok.
Tassie.

FallinFan Date: Tuesday, 18-Oct-11, 2:25 PM | Message # 33
Blow-In

Just a little warning about using region 1 dvds in region 2 players, some players will "switch" to accommodate the region, (usually they ask you first), what they don't tell you is that they are set up to switch a set number of times, then they become permanently locked. Just be careful and check out what your player does. I was caught by this little feature on my computer when I bought my Guardian boxed sets from the USA cry , now I have a separate little dvd drive, just for region 1s, to avoid any complications. I just adore this series, I wish it had had a chance to go a little further, but I can understand why it was such a stressful and emotional experience for Simon.

AlleyG8r Date: Tuesday, 01-May-12, 8:40 AM | Message # 34
Blow-In

TV Guide Network has started showing The Guardian. They showed the pilot yesterday, & will show 'Reunion' (episode 2) today @ 11AM & 11:30 PM Central Time. From the info on their web site, it looks like they're showing the episodes in order; just can't tell yet if they're going to show all the episodes.
Didn't watch The Guardian when it first came out & can't remember why - as good as Simon looks in it, I should have been glued to the set like I am with The Mentalist. biggrin

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 01-May-12, 5:15 PM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

I watched it and sad to say, when they cut to commercial, they often skip a bit of a scene and sometimes, that last bit is so telling. I still prefer to watch my DVD sans commercials.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 02-May-12, 2:10 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

Sony preps UK movie channel (I think this is new, not absolutely sure)

UK digital network Sony Entertainment Television (SET) has added US legal drama The Guardian to its slate as Sony prepares to launch a dedicated movie channel.

http://www.c21media.net/archives/81186

lyn Date: Wednesday, 02-May-12, 6:08 PM | Message # 37
Blow-In

I get Sony on my Virgin package so I shall have to look out for TG!

I'll let you know if I find it.

alibongo Date: Wednesday, 02-May-12, 8:52 PM | Message # 38
Ankle Biter

hi lyn i have virgin as well could you tell me which channel it is on please?

thanks

alison

Tina Date: Thursday, 03-May-12, 10:54 AM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

I have a codefree DVD player, there are also many players you can get codefree with a number combination (my new one I got from amazon, was codefree in a minute and not very expensive, you just need to know the number combination you find in the internet for many players), I've had codefree players for years and I don't have to switch between Europe and USA when they are set codefree. That's no problem. It then takes all DVDs.
I couldn't live without codefree players, I have tons of US DVDs since it always takes to long til my favorites are published in Europe or published at all like The Guardian. I so much love this show! I watched it in German first on tv, but I knew I HAVE to see it in English and was so happy when just then the DVDs where coming out.

Tina

lyn Date: Thursday, 03-May-12, 4:02 PM | Message # 40
Blow-In

Hi Alison,

It's on 193, I'm assuming it's the one they're talking about.

suze Date: Wednesday, 20-Jun-12, 3:48 PM | Message # 41
Blow-In

I have Sky and The Guardian is now showing each weekday on Sony TV channel 157 and on the Sony TV+1 with repeats a couple of times through the day. Enjoy. Thought we had lost it as FiveUSA dont have the rights anymore.

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 20-Jun-12, 5:10 PM | Message # 42
Bee's Knees

The guardian has been showing on TV Guide Channel for a few weeks now, we are midway to thru the second season or therabouts.

Thrill Date: Thursday, 21-Jun-12, 4:42 PM | Message # 43
Dinkie-Di

It's really worth getting the box set of the DVDs for all 3seasons. Only available for R1. I was glued to them last winter (July)

tongue

fangs4fun Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 2:23 AM | Message # 44
Jillaroo

I just finished watching all 3 seasons of the show. I had hoped for another season to see what Nick would like leading the LSP. I would have also liked to see him being a father.

The first season was great. What stood out to me were:
- Nick meeting Lori Salt. I was snickering after that encounter. I did not find Nick's response as offensive. I thought he was just honest. It was Lori who was being judgemental.
- Hunter Reed episodes.
- The Heart episode. My goodness. What a tearjerker that episode was. And I love Nick's interaction with the girl. I like that Lori saw that Nick does have goodness in him.
- Causality, where Nick left his dad's firm then gets beat up then saved by his dad. Again. Throughout the 3 seasons, we do see a lot of Burton saving Nick and vice versa. But these 2 can't seem to communicate what they feel with each other but we can see clearly that they do love each other.

The second season is full of Lulu stuff. Nothing really stood out to me. I initially have nothing against the character. I thought she would be a good foil to Nick's stoicness and corporate lawyer sharkness. However, I thought she was a bit judgemental and self absorbed. And I thought she was leading Nick. That was not nice of her. I can't tell if she is coming or going with regards to her relationship with Nick. She likes Nick but doesn't seem to understand him. Alvin and Lori and even Barbara understands Nick better than she does. The writers were really all over the place when it came to Lulu.

The third season was depressing. I thought that as the season progresses and with rumors of cancellation, that there would be some happiness for some of the characters, especially the main ones. I did not get that. Nick, Burton and Alvin deserved better endings, IMO.

All in all, this is really not my type of show. I try to avoid heavy drama, angst ridden shows full of depressing characters and story. I watch TV and movies to get away from all that. But because Simon Baker is here, I watched. If I were to re-watch this show again, I would just skip to all the Nick scenes and ogle. I would either want to smack Nick upside the head or hug him, depending on the scene.

fangs4fun Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 2:25 AM | Message # 45
Jillaroo

Oh, and by the end of the third season, I hated Lulu. angry
I had hope for Nick and Lulu in the 2nd season. sad

Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz