Sunday, 05-May-24, 3:06 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Smileygirl Date: Monday, 06-Apr-15, 1:10 PM | Message # 721
Dinkie-Di

Anyone knows which article is inside this magazine?
https://www.facebook.com/homme.d....theater

kim Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 3:06 AM | Message # 722
Bee's Knees

Smileygirl- i think that it's the article posted on the previous page, http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/2-191-20435-16-1428077286

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 5:56 AM | Message # 723
Fair Dinkum

thanks to sarapettarini on tumblr, old article on ebay

sarapettarini:

‘90 article available on eBay with double interview biggrin

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm....3D1%26r kt%3D8%26sd%3D121610388552

Smileygirl Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 12:36 PM | Message # 724
Dinkie-Di

Kim---but isn´t that from a magazine called Biba? Or is it the same?

Smileygirl Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 5:59 PM | Message # 725
Dinkie-Di

Simon in the british Esquire
https://twitter.com/fraserhartuk/status/585465321106100226

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 08-Apr-15, 5:05 PM | Message # 726
Fair Dinkum

TV WEEK27 june - 3 july 1993
thanks to http://sarapettarini.tumblr.com

Smileygirl Date: Wednesday, 08-Apr-15, 8:37 PM | Message # 727
Dinkie-Di

I don´t speak french so I don´t know if we had this before...if so I am sorry.
http://vanialeblogue.ca/simon-b....ivenchy

Tina Date: Wednesday, 08-Apr-15, 9:53 PM | Message # 728
Fair Dinkum

I don't understand French too well but it sounds a lot like the German interview I translated last week....maybe somebody from France can take a look.

Fran Date: Thursday, 09-Apr-15, 1:35 PM | Message # 729
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Smileygirl for info about UK Esquire, have just bought the mag, will do a transcript and better scan when I get the chance.

Fran Date: Thursday, 09-Apr-15, 6:52 PM | Message # 730
Fair Dinkum

Esquire - May 2015 edition

Transcript is here: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/load....1-0-255

Fran Date: Thursday, 09-Apr-15, 7:17 PM | Message # 731
Fair Dinkum

google translation of the French 'Vania' article that Smileygirl posted:

Simon Baker-Muse of the perfume Gentlemen Only Casual Chic Givenchy
Head to head

Q: Are you involved in the creation of the advertising campaigns for Gentlemen Only?
A: Yes, to a certain extent. For Gentlemen Only Casual Chic, I thought it was important to shoot the film in Paris, for Givenchy is a French house. It was an interesting way to put this celebrated city in the spotlight, in a production of a light and playful scene.

Q: How do you bring modernity to this gentleman?
A: The concept of a gentleman is timeless. The word may be old fashioned, but its essence - the courtesy and good manners - is still relevant. I have two sons, it is very important to me that they are aware of these values ​​and respectful of others.

Q: You are an actor and producer and you are also passionate about photography. How is this different from your role as a muse for Givenchy?
A: All of these activities are related to creativity. To create a perfume, you must first give free rein to your imagination and make every effort to achieve its fragrance concept. Then you have to stage it, make it attractive to the public. When we make a movie, a TV show or a fragrance, it requires the same creative ambition, even if they are different talents that are expressed. I find this a fascinating process. The design of the perfume bottles also interests me. That of Gentlemen Only Casual Chic is my favorite because it is simple but very recognizable, thanks to the bright orange tube that comes off the gray. And its shape is timeless.

Q: The Gentlemen Only saga is a story of seduction. Are you sensitive to fragrance for seduction? Do you change your fragrance to suit your mood?
A: The idea of seduction can be interpreted in different ways. Some people will wear a special fragrance to endorse a role, to create a character in order to seduce someone. I prefer to choose a scent that puts me in a good mood, which allows me to be comfortable and that gives me the feeling of being attractive while remaining myself. A comfortable fragrance allows you to trust yourself and be relaxed. That is why I particularly like Gentlemen Only Casual Chic.

Q: You particularly mention that perfume?
A: I love this fragrance because it is easy to wear, comfortable and lightweight, while noted for being spicy, it's very original. I spray in the morning and even if I don't find it so strong after that first moment, I know it accompanies me throughout the day. It is the fragrance that best fits my personality.

Q: You surf, you're Australian and you're known to put people at ease. Be "casual", what does that mean for you? Is it second nature?
A: For me, it just means being comfortable with oneself. It's exactly the same with perfume. If you wear a fragrance that suits you, you feel more relaxed and automatically confident.

Q: The series The Mentalist has come to an end. How do you feel about that?
A: We made 151 episodes over 7 years. This is huge! This kind of series could never stop, but that does not suit me. I want to continue to grow, to explore new territories and to take risks. That said, I am very happy that the series ended on a positive note. We still achieved excellent audience ratings in the last season and I'm very proud.

Q: What are your plans?
A: After The Mentalist, I immediately started to work on my next film. My goal is to direct and act in this feature film that is set in Australia. This is a very ambitious project, but I like challenges. We'll see where it takes me! I hope to start shooting by the end of the year.

bee Date: Thursday, 09-Apr-15, 8:19 PM | Message # 732
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the translation Fran, interesting article. Think I may have to buy some Gentlemen Only Casual Chic myself as it's Simon's favourite. smile

ruuger Date: Thursday, 09-Apr-15, 8:20 PM | Message # 733
Cobber

Thanks for the Esquire scan, Fran! I've always thought that lists like this tell a lot about a person. I love that he mentions Ellen's boxers as his favourites biggrin

marta75 Date: Thursday, 09-Apr-15, 8:41 PM | Message # 734
Rip Snorter

Thank you Fran I needed my little Simon fix !
Lists like these from celebs are often BS but in Simon's case these are certainly genuine. Didn't Simon already talk about Van Morrison in an old interview when he was very young ?

Ivana Date: Friday, 10-Apr-15, 8:00 AM | Message # 735
Fair Dinkum

This Esquire article is a real treat! Thanks Fran smile

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz