Sunday, 28-Apr-24, 8:12 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
June Date: Tuesday, 21-Jan-14, 9:45 PM | Message # 331
Bee's Knees

Question: I have watched The Mentalist for the last few years and was profoundly grateful when the Red John storyline ended. In the last episode, it seemed like everyone involved in bringing down Red John was being targeted by some unknown entity (presumably not Red John, unless Jane killed the wrong Red John again). Does this mean that Wayne and Grace are returning? I was just getting used to the new team. Also, is there any hope for Jane and Lisbon to become a couple or to clarify that they will not be a couple? I find the "will-they, won't-they" annoying. I don't see any chemistry between Jane and Kim. She is really, in some ways, too similar to Lisbon without the charm or affection for Jane that would be needed for a believable relationship. — Kristi

Matt Roush: It's a very transitional season for The Mentalist, obviously, so for now, with the actors' names still in the opening credits, I'd look at Owain Yeoman (Rigsby) and Amanda Righetti (Van Pelt) as "recurring regulars," who'll pop in and out of the show as the story demands. Some weeks they'll be invisible, but as long as the show follows this storyline of the targeted ex-CBI agents, they'll likely be around, though I've seen nothing to indicate they'll be back for good. Relocating them to Austin wouldn't make much sense, and this current storyline would be a smart way for them to take a final (hopefully not fatal) bow. They'll always be a part of The Mentalist's universe, though, as long as they're still breathing, so I wouldn't rule out return visits in the future. Regarding the never-ending issue of Jane and Lisbon's romantic prospects, that will likely be a slow burner for some time to come, although the post-Red John reinvention of The Mentalist seems to have liberated Simon Baker's performance, which is a lot more playful and flirtatious, ditto with Robin Tunney as his reassigned "equal." Agreed, though, that there are no sparks with the so-far-underdeveloped Kim Fischer (Emily Swallow) character, so let's hope they don't go there.

http://www.tvguide.com/News....80.aspx

Message edited by June - Tuesday, 21-Jan-14, 9:47 PM

Raven Date: Wednesday, 22-Jan-14, 9:36 PM | Message # 332
Dinkie-Di

Lisbon's Boyfriend revealed

TVLine

Message edited by Raven - Wednesday, 22-Jan-14, 9:37 PM

Evy Date: Wednesday, 22-Jan-14, 11:49 PM | Message # 333
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much Raven ! I post the news on the thread "Casting News - Season 6"

It's great if she finds some happiness ! she deserves it ! biggrin

Hayseed Date: Saturday, 25-Jan-14, 4:58 PM | Message # 334
Bee's Knees

emily swallow ‏@bigEswallz 6h
You guys are gonna love @jordan_harper's ep of @Mentalist_CBS...the team goes undercover...we don't always play fair, but damn it's fun!

Fran Date: Tuesday, 04-Feb-14, 0:44 AM | Message # 335
Fair Dinkum

Ep 6.17
Oscar Torre ‏@OscarTorreActor
Blessed to be #GuestStarring in #TheMentalist, playing a man on death row - working with a great cast and crew #CBS #JamesHayman #RockmondDunbar

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 04-Feb-14, 12:03 PM | Message # 336
Fair Dinkum

So episode 16 is entitled "Violets"…

In the language of flowers, Violet is associated with shyness and modesty, and express the depth of feelings.

To give a bouquet of violets to someone means "I love you in secret.", or "I love you but I am too shy to tell you".
Giving Parma Violet means "Let me love you".

Formerly, young men used to show they were single by wearing two violet flowers in the boutonniere on their lapel.

Interesting, it's the first episode were the FBI agent who will have a crush on Lisbon appears… smile

Evy Date: Tuesday, 04-Feb-14, 4:33 PM | Message # 337
Fair Dinkum

I recognize in you a romantic woman DS Pallas !...... tongue flower

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 04-Feb-14, 4:43 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 04-Feb-14, 6:24 PM | Message # 338
Fair Dinkum

Quote Evy ()
I recognize in you a romantic woman DS Pallas !

Evy, I don't know, am I a softie? maybe… But sometime my flower is more of the cactus kind… tongue

Fran Date: Wednesday, 05-Feb-14, 6:01 PM | Message # 339
Fair Dinkum

From cbsWatchMagazine: The Mentalist and The Good Wife keep us guessing with new plotlines
http://cbswatchmagazine.com/blog/2014/02/05/one-good-turn/

Excerpt:
For The Mentalist’s Heller, Jane’s long-awaited victory over Red John provided the opportunity to craft a compelling new journey for his lead character. “It’s a part of the story that very seldom gets told,” says the producer. “What happens after you’ve won your heart’s desire? After everything you’ve been working toward actually comes to pass, how do you re-create a life?”

For Jane, that means relocating from Northern California to Austin, Texas, and being coerced into solving a wider variety of cases for the FBI. (If Jane does so for five years, he is promised, he’ll be pardoned for ridding the world of Red John.) The addition of new series regulars Emily Swallow and Rockmond Dunbar, who play FBI Agents Kim Fischer and Dennis Abbott, respectively—as well as the development of a romance between Jane and CBI-turned-FBI colleague Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney)—will continue to enrich the drama’s next chapter, much to the delight of the show’s star. “The last five, six months we’ve been working on the show have been really exciting,” Baker says. “I’ve had this enthusiasm that I had in the first season because it’s new and fresh from week to week and it’s really going somewhere.”

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 05-Feb-14, 6:10 PM | Message # 340
Bee's Knees

I'm glad that Simon is happy in this new reset and maybe we will get to have a 7th season. The numbers are positive and if we can get a few more episodes before the next hiatus, we can get to know the new Jane even better, Same old shirt but new attitude maybe. Heller hints at a possible romance even between Jane and Lisbon, I'm sure the shippers will be gloating. It's good to be mental again.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 05-Feb-14, 6:28 PM | Message # 341
Fair Dinkum

I noticed this thought on a fan site :

Patrick Jane tells to Krystal Markham (6.11 White Lines)
"I knew better than to think you were interested in me because you were interested in me."
She replies “You underestimate yourself.”

This is how Patrick Jane hides the truth about the way he values himself. Two years has not been long enough to heal the scars of the last 12 years. He is still a very vulnerable and broken man. He just doesn’t feel that he is worthy to be loved, especially by someone like Lisbon, whom he has placed on a pedestal nearly as high as the one he has built for his beloved Angela.

I think this is well said about PJ and Lisbon.

Wand612 Date: Wednesday, 05-Feb-14, 7:41 PM | Message # 342
Jillaroo

thanks for posting, Evy. I agree that it is very well said.

Hayseed Date: Friday, 07-Feb-14, 0:04 AM | Message # 343
Bee's Knees

From tv line: http://tvline.com/2014....-regina

Will we see Jane’s Airstream in any upcoming episodes of The Mentalist? –Laura
As a matter of fact, you will see a lot of the airstream in the first episode back (airing March 19). He even goes on a mini road trip related to that week’s case — with one of the law enforcement ladies in his life riding shotgun.

I have a sinking feeling this will be Jane and Fischer.

Fran Date: Friday, 07-Feb-14, 0:04 AM | Message # 344
Fair Dinkum

From TVLine:
Will we see Jane’s Airstream in any upcoming episodes of The Mentalist? –Laura
As a matter of fact, you will see a lot of the airstream in the first episode back (airing March 9). He even goes on a mini road trip related to that week’s case — with one of the law enforcement ladies in his life riding shotgun.
http://tvline.com/2014....-regina

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 07-Feb-14, 11:48 AM | Message # 345
Fair Dinkum

Aow Ladies, you're great! You've posted the same information at exactly the same time! tongue

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz