Friday, 29-Mar-24, 7:21 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Season 7 SPOILERS
Allie Date: Thursday, 25-Sep-14, 11:47 PM | Message # 46
Blow-In

really excited that they're gonna explore lisbon's background ahhhhhh

Tina Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 8:51 AM | Message # 47
Fair Dinkum

The episode with Lisbon's brother is my least favourite of all. I'm not too crazy about learing about Lisbon's past, I'd rather learn more about Jane's past.
So less time! I want JANE Stories!

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 10:56 AM | Message # 48
Fair Dinkum

Maybe the brothers want to meet the man who has won the heart of their big sister?
I don't remember the name of the younger brother we have already seen. I loved his daughter, and the way she and Jane get on very well.
But Lisbon has 3 brothers, right?

bee Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 11:11 AM | Message # 49
Fair Dinkum

We saw Tommy, Lisbon's other brother and his daughter Annie in "Where in the World is Carmine O'Brien". I seem to remember that we saw Jane looking at a photo of her 3 brothers in her apartment in Red Badge when he went to hypnotize her!

Message edited by bee - Friday, 26-Sep-14, 11:16 AM

Fran Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 11:37 AM | Message # 50
Fair Dinkum

Quote tinamarianne ()
I'm not too crazy about learming about Lisbon's past, I'd rather learn more about Jane's past.

Yes, I can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about it, but it may be OK as long as Lisbon doesn't take centre stage.
I am a little concerned (and always have been) that the writers respond to the fans who shout the loudest, as I don't believe they're necessarily representative of the fanbase as a whole.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 12:03 PM | Message # 51
Fair Dinkum

Like Tina, I'm more interested in Jane's past, because it's very mysterious (why did he never mention his mother, who was she and is she alive, is his father still alive, was he abusive, why was Jane put once in children care home etc).

But if meeting Lisbon's brothers means putting Jane in a "family" situation, it can be interesting…

bee Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 1:01 PM | Message # 52
Fair Dinkum

Like DS Pallas I too want to know more about Jane's mother. It seems really strange that she has never been mentioned not even by Jane. What is the story there? I'd also like to know if Jane's father is still alive, (he obviously wasn't on the Carny circuit with Pete and Sam when Jane and Lisbon visited them). I hope we do learn more of Jane's past but with only 13 episodes left I'm not convinced we will. Shame because I think it could give us some real insight into Jane's early life and make an interesting episode and also enable us to learn a little more about Jane before RJ took over his life.

Jane seems to have had a tragic life from an early age of which we've only been given a brief glimpse here and there and to learn more about this would make more compelling viewing than Lisbon's past. Just my opinion of course.

Message edited by bee - Friday, 26-Sep-14, 1:19 PM

Tina Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 2:18 PM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

All these things I'd love to know too! What's with his parents? What happened to his mother because it seems he travelled only with his father. What happened with his father?
So many questions!

sylvia5993 Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 4:56 PM | Message # 54
Bee's Knees

They once mentioned that it would be interesting to have a French specific episode. How about his mother(a French woman) left the abusive situation with Jane's father and is now surfacing in one. How fun speculating.

PJaneloke Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 5:15 PM | Message # 55
Surfie

I agree! The episode with Jane's dad is one of my favorite episodes. Wish the show will dig deeper into Jane's life.

Peithon Date: Friday, 26-Sep-14, 7:31 PM | Message # 56
Rip Snorter

Count me in as one who would prefer not to have another Lisboncentric episode - the brother one wasn't one of my favorites and I prefer episodes that focus on Jane. I too would love to see more about Jane's past. I already know more about Lisbon's past than Jane's, which is odd since he's the lead. Well, at least if that episode has gambling, maybe we'll have some Jane fun a la Red Handed, most definitely a favorite of mine.

kim Date: Saturday, 27-Sep-14, 5:21 AM | Message # 57
Bee's Knees

Count me in on the "more about Jane's past" group. I have also wondered about his Mother as some others have voiced above. Maybe this is a chance for Jane to go to bat for Lisbon's brother. This may be an episode where he proves himself to the brothers. I am always just hoping for more Jane.......

Juney Date: Saturday, 27-Sep-14, 4:28 PM | Message # 58
Bee's Knees

I agree. Patrick centre stage please. biggrin

June Date: Sunday, 28-Sep-14, 6:00 PM | Message # 59
Bee's Knees

I agree with all of your comments. I don't understand either why we don't know more about Jane's past. I'm not interested in Lisbon's brothers, in fact, I'm not interested in her family at all. We know everything about her dad, mum and brothers since the first season. There is so much to explore in Jane's past life, though! Having only 13 episodes, the writers should do something about that and quick. I'd like to know too who was Jane's mother, what happened with her and more...

AgentM Date: Sunday, 28-Sep-14, 7:40 PM | Message # 60
Bee's Knees

Hmmmm funny you guys should be wondering about Jane's mum as I am currently in the process of putting together my next piece of fan-fiction (to follow my catching Red John one) where PJ's mum is fairly central to the plot line! I've already written the scene where Lisbon tries to hide her from Patrick, but fails miserably... I guess I better pick up my pen and finish it off before the writers of the show beat me to it! tongue

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz