Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » I Give it a Year
I Give it a Year
Fran Date: Tuesday, 08-May-12, 7:36 PM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

8th May - @CitrusCandy1

"Strangely feeling 'hungover' after shooting "I give it One Year" in London over the w/e"

"It can be fun but the 4:00am rise is tough! Oh.. heart throb Simon Baker spoke to me"

(So, it it looks as though Simon was on set filming at the Blue Fin Building on Sunday)

lyn Date: Wednesday, 09-May-12, 6:30 PM | Message # 32
Blow-In

Minnie Driver tweeted that she's filming a wedding scene in a marquee in the rain. She has a break in filming but is back in 'late May'.

I asked her if she knew if Simon was coming back and she said she thought he was filming next week, but she doesn't work with him......... obviously their characters aren't connected.

Fran Date: Thursday, 10-May-12, 3:40 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

If what they're filming is the wedding of the central characters, it means Simon's character doesn't attend. In which case it seems unlikely that he's a friend/relation of theirs.

Fran Date: Friday, 11-May-12, 10:12 AM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

Mainly about Rafe Spall, but a bit more info about the film and Simon gets mentioned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb....ng.html

Fran Date: Monday, 14-May-12, 8:17 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Some Info from an Anna Faris Interview

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/anna-faris-the-dictator-interview.html

Excerpt:
What are you filming in London?
It’s a movie called I Give It a Year. It’s a StudioCanal movie with Rose Byrne and Rafe Spall and Simon Baker. It’s a rom-com.

What’s your character?
I play a character who’s a very real girl. She’s kind of like me, if I’m a real girl. I don’t know. She’s very insecure and she’s American. She works for a nonprofit; she’s been gone in Africa for a long time and she kind of comes back into a married man’s life.

Is it more serious than other rom-coms that you’ve done?
Yeah, yeah.

So it’s more of a rom-dram?
[Laughs.] Ha-ha! Rom-dram!

Before you go back to London to shoot, tell me a little bit about I Give it a Year.
It’s directed by Dan Mazer, who executive produced this movie, The Dictator, and he’s been with Sasha [Baron Cohen] for a long time. I love that it’s very British in that all of the dialogue is very quick, and witty, and fun to say, and it’s all very dialogue-based humor. There’s nobody slipping and falling on a f*cking bra or whatever. So that’s a great sort of change of pace. It’s very actor-y. It’s been a while since I’ve done a movie with like three other really professional, amazing actors. It’s really rewarding to sit around and laugh and play with these people who are all so good at what they do.

Fran Date: Monday, 14-May-12, 11:36 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

14th May

Matt

“I feel so welcome on this set! Thanks to the crew for this wonderfully sweet gesture on my birthday away from home!” http://instagr.am/p/KnhFmDTTcC/

(Presumably this means Simon is back on set filming)

Fran Date: Wednesday, 16-May-12, 0:09 AM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

From Anna Faris Q&A published 9th May
(The Dictator premiered in London on 10th May, so the interview was probably a week or so earlier)

Do you have any upcoming projects that you want to talk about?
AF: Yes, well, I’m leaving on Saturday for London to do a romantic comedy with Rose Byrne and Simon Baker. And I just adore them both… So that should be a fun spring.

http://www.cuindependent.com/2012....22

Anna also mentions the film briefly at the end of this interview - she says 'lots of kissing'! - (3:23) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDaOPztH0G8

Fran Date: Wednesday, 16-May-12, 1:03 PM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

A night shoot in Maida Vale last night - apparently very cold!

Fran Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 0:52 AM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

Filming this evening in Soho, having to create fake rain!

justlook3 Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 4:20 AM | Message # 40
Bee's Knees

Isn't that always the way? Doesn't rain when you want it too, rains when you don't want it!

AgentM Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 10:34 AM | Message # 41
Bee's Knees

Oooooh, does this mean that Simon is back in the UK? Still living in hope that he's going to be at Soccer Aid on the 27th! cool

Message edited by AgentM - Thursday, 17-May-12, 10:35 AM

Fran Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 12:58 PM | Message # 42
Fair Dinkum

I think some of the info is inaccurate (Starcrossed Films ???), but location info is probably good.

http://www.whosjack.org/fancy-being-a-film-star/

Just mooch around Berwick Street for a bit, where Starcrossed Films Limited are shooting their latest picture, ‘I Give It a Year.’

The film, which is due for release in 2013, will star Anna Faris of Scary Movie fame, Rose Byrne, Simon Baker, Rafe Spall and Stephen Merchant. ’I Give It a Year’ tells the story of a pair of newlyweds as they navigate through their first year of marriage.

Filming took place at 8pm earlier day (probably means yesterday - Wednesday) and passers-by were warned that if they walked near the film set, they might just find themselves in the movie.

‘I Give It a Year’ is the second big picture to be shot in the streets of Soho this year, as the making of ‘The King of Soho’ (starring Steve Coogan and also due for release in 2013) has also been in progress.

Fran Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 2:33 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

I think they've started filming today at The Star Cafe, Great Chapel Street, Soho.

bluemoon_999 Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 2:47 PM | Message # 44
Blow-In

Do they film on the weekends? I travel to London this weekend and will try my luck there.

Fran Date: Friday, 18-May-12, 0:22 AM | Message # 45
Fair Dinkum

Bluemoon - I don't know if they always do, but they have been filming some weekends. Difficulty is knowing how long they'll be at a particular location and whether or not Simon is there.

17th May
about 8.30 pm
@emmaclareL
"Spent the majority of my shift creepin on Anna Faris, Simon Baker and Rose Byrne on set opposite"

about 10.30pm
@TheSCGuy
"Walking to the tube, just seen Simon Baker filming a scene for something nr Carnaby St. Love him in #TheMentalist. He smiled, seemed nice."
"Devilously handsome in the flesh... Even I can recognise that..."

@Yokics
"Spotted! Anna Faris and Simon Baker filming, I Give It a Year in Carnaby Street."

@ThisisDazy
"Just seen Simon Baker filming on Carnaby Street. Most exciting."

@RDChong
"Simon Baker shooting on kingly st."

(Carnaby Street is in Soho)

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » I Give it a Year
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz