Saturday, 27-Apr-24, 3:45 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Deedee Date: Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 1:14 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

Thank you for doing this Thrill its such a lovely idea. My two favourite "hugs" have already gone darn it!! but I really like this hug between Bruno and Simon on the youtube version of the Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony (in the video library) and its at 7.30 to about 7.38. I think it shows such affection and respect between them.

Not sure about my message but thought would keep it simple and just say "Happy Birthday Simon. Wishing you continued succes in everything you do, love and happiness and thanks for making my world so much brighter.

Thrill Date: Sunday, 30-Jun-13, 7:41 AM | Message # 17
Dinkie-Di

Hi everyone - thank you so much for the ideas so far - that's great and I have all the clips.
Tinamarrianne - I like the idea of hugging in the music - but nothing springs to mind at the moment. The main think is that I have found that "covers" tend to have less copyright issues on YT - often though when you find something you like - there will be a version that will be OK - the main thing is to have an idea .... Looking forward to some picies of the dolls!!!
Bee - I have your clip - and I like your message. Its whatever you want to say....
June - I'll find yours as i have all the eps (obviously!!!!)
Deedee - yes lovely - Simon is a very huggy person !!!
Thanks again to those who have contributed and for those who haven't enjoy finding your best Simon hug!!! I am just about to post another little treat......

Lena Date: Sunday, 30-Jun-13, 10:41 AM | Message # 18
Dinkie-Di

Thrill, I love your idea and thanks so much for doing this video. Maybe you can use the hug from The Mentalist season 3, episode 10 Jolly Red Elf where Partrick does group therapy and gets a hug welcome.

Fran Date: Sunday, 30-Jun-13, 10:43 AM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

Thrill - I think this is the website for the talented artist who did Evy's avatar: http://chizuru-chibi.deviantart.com/gallery/

Tina Date: Sunday, 30-Jun-13, 1:54 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

How do you plan to get it to Simon, Thrill? How about sending a dvd of if with a letter
(maybe adding a little photo of us with name and country into the letter) to the WB?
I'd be happy to do this in the name of The Baker Boy fangroup. Guess that's a good chance that he really gets to see it. I'm sure
he'd be excited that he brought us all together. What do you all think?

Tina Date: Sunday, 30-Jun-13, 1:59 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

I made some photos of my dolls. Put them to photobucket tomorrow. I'm not experienced with it. Is there
a way you can just go to my album there? Don't want to waste so much space here since I made several shots
so you can take the photos you like, Thrill.

Evy Date: Sunday, 30-Jun-13, 3:40 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

Fran : I don't know how you found the website of the artist who makes so beautiful drawings of "The mentalist" team. And of course of Simon !
I had never searched. Thank you for finding it and sharing with us.

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 30-Jun-13, 3:42 PM

Tina Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 9:54 AM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

Not sure if this works, link to photos of my dolls. The first 11 pics I shot at the weekend. A real hug was not possible, but I did the best I could.

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user....ristina

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 10:44 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

It worked perfectly for me tinamarianne...they are beautiful pictures, and so sweet....Thanks for sharing

Thrill Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 2:54 PM | Message # 25
Dinkie-Di

thank you Lena - got that one (somewhere!). Tinamarianne - thank you for the photos - they are lovely - I haven't chosen yet but will use a few. when I make the video I can put a smaller picture on top of a larger one - so it looks like an insert - so I may also use that idea as well - you know the dolls mirroring a real hug or something - I'll have a play around with that idea.

As for getting it to Simon. I had just planned to upload to YT - I hadn't thought about sending a DVD - thing is it would take over a week from here and I may finish it just before 30th. Anyway - we'll see nearer the time. I remember you sent a photo of your dolls to WB and it was well received - didnt you get a photo back?

Fran thanks for the link to that fan art - its gorgeous .

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 2:57 PM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

Your dolls are great tinamarianne! You're very creative. Bravo!
I love the team snapshot… so cute

Tina Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 3:30 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

Thrill, yes the WB adress worked fine and I received a package only a few weeks later with autographs of Simon and Robin and T-Shirt.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Monday, 01-Jul-13, 11:05 PM

Lena Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 4:36 PM | Message # 28
Dinkie-Di

tinamarianne, your dolls are beautiful!

Fran Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 5:01 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

Thrill - my message: "There is something fascinating about a talented and charismatic man who has integrity and sincerity in his heart"

About sending the video on DVD with an expectation that Simon will see it -
As we know, Simon sees himself as a "regular guy" who happens to act for a living. And he's determined to stay that way and not become corrupted by success. For that reason I don't think he's interested in watching things like this, and I have to say that its one of the things I like about him. As I don't believe that sending the DVD would be for Simon's benefit, I wouldn't be comfortable with any direct association with this site. So if you do decide to go that route, please could you send it as a group of fans without any reference to TheBakerBoy.

Tina Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 8:16 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

I'm sorry Fran. Sometimes I get too enthusiastic. Maybe it was a silly idea. It was just a thought since I
had this positive reaction to my letter and photos I sent to Simon and the others. It seemed the TM team was happy
about the positive feedback of their work. Of course we all know that Simon is a very down to earth person that's why
we love him. I don't want to do anything that you don't want to and I'm sorry for bringing it up.
But I'm very much looking forward to Thrills video.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz