Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 11:07 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Thrill Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 12:01 PM | Message # 1
Dinkie-Di

Hi Everyone
I would like to put together a Huggy Birthday movie for Simon - "Simon Baker Happy 44 Birthday from all your fans at The Baker Boy" - everyone contribute with their fav short clip or photo and a short message. I will compile and add music. All you have to do is to add a post to this tread with a You Tube reference (for a video clip) and the starting time for the segment, or a reference for a photo and your message. Clips will be limited to less than 20 secs. The whole video has to be sorter than 15 minutes (for YT upload). Ideas for music also welcome - preferably covers as there are less copyright issues. Huggy Birthday - as there seem to be lots of clips of hugs recently - but you are free to choose anything.

A few techy notes...I will compile and initially post privately in this tread to get comment and feedback prior to the final public post about 28 July. I dont have too much free time for Bakering but am off work 19-24 July so would appreciate all clips before 16 July - to give me time to compile. There are lots of Birthday vids out there - but I prefer it when an image is on the screen long enough to drink it in....

This is primarily a video by Simon fans for Simon fans - I doubt Simon will see it as he doesn't like to watch himself............

June Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 2:00 PM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

I like the idea! I was thinking these days about Simon's birthday and what we could do from here. So thanks for making it easier. Will be nice!

Juney Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 4:25 PM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

I like the huggy idea but am a technophobe so can't take part. cry

Mossibecca Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 5:04 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

Thanks for doing this Thrill, it sounds a great idea....and another excuse to go looking for Simon on youtube.....a win-win situation all round!! cool

Thrill Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 5:20 PM | Message # 5
Dinkie-Di

Hi Juney - you can take part - all you have to do is find a clip that you like and tell me the name or the link ( or even a description - something so I can find it) and where in the video it starts and a message. You'll see as others start posting. Nothing technical for you to do...... It would be great if everyone who wants to can take part - that's the idea. Happy searching........ tongue

Just to be clear everyone - I was meaning video clips of Simon hugging....................

Message edited by Thrill - Friday, 28-Jun-13, 5:23 PM

Tina Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 5:46 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

Okay, I'm a little slow, you mean I just have to find a youtube clip where Simon hugs somebody, and post the link.

Like for example the hug at Ellen's show, I always love Simon and Ellen together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0J2l07bSrE

It's almost impossible for me to choose one scene ..because I love all Simon hugs at TM (especially with Robin) or at talkshows.

And I have to add a message for Simon? Or a note to the clip?

Evy Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 7:53 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Hi Thrill !
Very good idea ! I hope I could participate because I'm not an expert in technology.. But if it's simple, I'm part of it biggrin

kabuky Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 8:07 PM | Message # 8
Surfie

Surfing Simon in Smith about 1:33 into video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXy8L4-KGeU

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Friday, 28-Jun-13, 8:49 PM | Message # 9
True Blue

Thank you so much for doing this, Thrill!
I would be happy if we have a "gift" for our Simon again!

maybe you can use this for the video?

Thrill Date: Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 7:05 AM | Message # 10
Dinkie-Di

BBB that is lovely !!!! maybe that will be the start of it. I also like the Simon with a beard.- do you have a bigger version - or anything else you want to create....

Evy - did you draw your avatar??????

So to recap - post a message in this thread and let me know a video (link or name if you cant do links! or photo ), the time in the video of the bit you like (like Kakuky above) - then add a message to the post.

When I make the final version I will add your message as a caption to the video clip or photo and will add background music to the whole lot. If I cant find your video I'll PM you.
Remember this is primarily from Fans for the benefit of other fans - as, as Fran pointed out, Simon probably wont see it because he doesn't like looking at himself - but maybe he'll hear about it.
It should be great fun to do - and how do you choose your fav clip (impossible I think - so many....)
Tinamarianne - I would love something with your knitted dolls - can you do some poses and take some more photos as I think they are so cute and unique.......

Message edited by Thrill - Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 7:27 AM

Tina Date: Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 9:12 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Thrill, I have more photos of my dolls, but I will try to make some "hugging" photos so it fits in the theme of the birthday gift.
I'm also thinking about a song ...maybe something about "hugging" in the lyrics? Haven't had any idea yet. Or should it be an instrumental tune, or maybe a song from one of Simon's movies?

BBB, I love your pic! That's so cute. Great idea to put this in the birthday video. You are really amazing.

Fran Date: Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 9:15 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Thrill. So many hugs its difficult to choose a favourite, but I've always loved this one from 2009, when Robin is saying how much she likes Simon and he runs in and hugs her. The hug is at about 0.30, but you may want to include a bit before that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N52YZbkUnow&feature=youtu.be

I don't know if I have a message, I'll have to think about it.

bee Date: Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 11:39 AM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Hi Thrill...really lovely idea. Being a "technophobe" have no idea how to include a link but I really like the clip when Simon surprises Lisbon and gives her this beautiful hug in her Paris hotel while she is being interviewed. The link is on the "Latest News" page. I hope this is OK. Not sure about a message....I'll also have to think about it! .......so I've had a think....how about "To the dearest, sweetest man, may your birthday be filled with loving memories in the company of family and good friends". Is that too cheesy??????

Message edited by bee - Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 3:13 PM

Evy Date: Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 11:42 AM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Thrill

Evy - did you draw your avatar??????

I would like to ! But I'm not talented like you ! I found it on a fan website, but I have just to put it on the good dimensions to become an avatar.

June Date: Saturday, 29-Jun-13, 12:07 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

I love this one. It's from "The Mentalist", season 3, episode 2 "Cackle-Bladder Blood". The hug between Jane and Pete, it's so childish and you can see Simon in there! The time is from 9:21 to 9:33 but you can change it.

The message: "Someone once said that beauty is the accord between the content and manner. You make it true every day, Simon. Thanks for that. Happy Birthday"

Lovely drawing, beautifulbabyboy. It could be a perfect ending for the video too, what do you think?

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz