Friday, 19-Apr-24, 9:22 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Fran Date: Monday, 01-Jul-13, 11:14 PM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

Tina - there's no reason for you to apologise, and I'm sure there are other people who think it would be a good idea, it's just a matter of different opinions. I suppose because my opinion is that Simon wouldn't want to watch a tribute video, it seemed to me that its being sent by a fansite could be seen as trying to benefit the site rather than Simon, and I wouldn't like people to think I was doing that.

But I'm also really looking forward to Thrill's video, all those hugs, I think it will be great.

258pce Date: Tuesday, 02-Jul-13, 1:11 AM | Message # 32
Cobber

Fran, I understand your reasoning and respect your fine-tuned sensibilities regarding Simon. It's really hard to be such a fan and know when and how to keep one's distance at the same time. I also think your message is perfect. I am amazed that he manages to maintain his honesty and integrity amid all the accolades. Love that Luke Jermay said he was possibly the most charismatic person he has ever met.

Big hug to you for one of the best run and maintained websites I have ever encountered.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 02-Jul-13, 9:03 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

I totally understand that, Fran. I'm usually not somebody who approaches stars, I've always been more a fan who just enjoys watching the shows or movies of my favorites ..don't even try that at the TV Festival (I would have loved to have a photo with Robin of course, but I would have never ever shouted her name to make her come). Yes, Simon is not somebody who likes being in the middle of attention. That's what makes him so extraordinary.

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 02-Jul-13, 10:39 AM | Message # 34
Bee's Knees

Thrill I love the hug from 'Red Dawn'....I could imagine that it was the first time that he had had true physical contact voluntarily since his wife was killed.....for me it meant that he recognised Teresa's worth and that the could trust her.

her is a link to it, and it occurs at about .28 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzIpPdnP4lE

My message would be....Your acting appears effortless which only emphasises the amount of work that you must put in. Thank you for the hours of enjoyment you have given me.,,,,,,,if it is too long....please chop it down to size. heart

Thank you so much for doing this Thrill, I can't wait to see the finished product. to you for all of this.

Juney Date: Wednesday, 03-Jul-13, 4:24 PM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

Does this have to be from TM or can we go back to The Guardian? If we can I would like the bit in the last ep. where he is holding his baby and giving her a kiss. So sweet. Does that count as a hug?

June Date: Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 1:45 PM | Message # 36
Bee's Knees

Hi Juney, you can choose any Simon Baker's hug. From interviews, movies, series,... I love the scene you say and it's a hug for me, the sweetest hug.

Juney Date: Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 5:45 PM | Message # 37
Bee's Knees

Thrill please could I go for the 'baby' hug from the last ep. of The Guardian then please. I don't know if its on youtube.

angel Date: Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 9:52 PM | Message # 38
Cobber

This is my video and at 1.29 is the hug that i like. So happy then he offers teresa a strawberry. So cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfhn0xX85X8

Message is 'Happy 44th Birthday to the most huggable man on the planet. Love Angie xxx

Juney Date: Tuesday, 09-Jul-13, 1:21 PM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

Thrill if you use my choice could you just say Happy Birthday.

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 09-Jul-13, 3:37 PM | Message # 40
Dinkie-Di

Thank you Juney and Angel for your updates - I have those. I keep thinking of so many - so I have no idea yet which one(or ones!) I'll choose.

If anyone else would like to contribute - just let me know your hug and a message (YouTube link or to the video library. Or I can do a photo. I'll compile it and add some music.......

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 09-Jul-13, 6:31 PM | Message # 41
Bee's Knees

Thanks once again for doing this Thrill...I know that it will be a lot of work, but I guess it is a labour of love.

BasqueCountryEuskeraz Date: Friday, 12-Jul-13, 6:55 PM | Message # 42
Blow-In

Thanks Thrill,
For me too its difficult to choose one hug, I've two favourite hugs, one's: in The Guardian S3 Ep14: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...._player , final scene, the hug is at about 5:20 and another one's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V6qzxN4_qc
the hug is at about 0:26, Simon and Robin in Paris one month ago
And my message is "ZORIONAK SIMON ETA ONDO PASA ZURE 44. URTEBETETZEAN!!!!

Evy Date: Saturday, 13-Jul-13, 5:41 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

I'm back in the forum ! biggrin

Tina : the pictures of your dolls are beautiful !!

To Thrill : I hope it's not too late.
This is the video I've chosen : Simon and Theresa hug during the episode of their first meeting (5.05 - 100th episode) I hope nobody has already chosen this one wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....aBexmiQ

0.13 to 0.23 / My message : Joyeux anniversaire Simon. A lot of happiness in this day of birthday. You make us so happy. Evy from France

Message edited by Evy - Saturday, 13-Jul-13, 5:47 PM

Alba Date: Sunday, 14-Jul-13, 0:56 AM | Message # 44
Blow-In

Trill, This is a very nice idea. I think in every hug that Simon gives, we feel we are being hugged by him (in our minds of course) and we feel happy for him because he is being hugged. love

I would like to ask you to add the hug in this video, very recently posted by Fran. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6tC9SzqKd8&feature=youtu.be (1:11)

I think the response from Simon was very warm and spontaneous (and we can pretend that we are giving a present to him). cake The phrase that I would like to add is: "Happy birthday and happy life for you, dear Simon"

Thank you for this great job!

Juney Date: Wednesday, 24-Jul-13, 5:32 PM | Message # 45
Bee's Knees

Any new on the finished article Thrill. Am longing to see what you come up with. biggrin

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon's Birthday Video (2013)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz