Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 11:21 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Fran Date: Monday, 07-Nov-11, 2:48 PM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Alejandra)
You know what Stella is studying? Did something related to photography?

I don't know, but I have a vague recollection about 'Art History' being mentioned at some time.

This is the College's A-Z Department Directory: http://cas.uoregon.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z/
(Can't see photography, but 'Art History' is under 'Classics')

Fran Date: Monday, 07-Nov-11, 3:19 PM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

Simon is now on the homepage of the Parramatta Eels website: http://www.parraeels.com.au/

justlook3 Date: Monday, 07-Nov-11, 7:46 PM | Message # 33
Bee's Knees

Best Dad Ever. LOL. When I went to college (A 7 hour drive away), my parents only came out to visit me when they dropped me off and picked me up! Course they couldn't afford to hop on a plane like he can. cool

Fran Date: Wednesday, 09-Nov-11, 1:31 AM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

No Peoples Choice Award nominations for Simon or The Mentalist sad

Fran Date: Friday, 11-Nov-11, 11:06 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Anne Brodie, film critic/interviewer (@annebrodie)

"He was exhausted and rushed but boy we had a great chat. #SimonBaker is a lovely dude. See #MarginCall"

Fran Date: Tuesday, 15-Nov-11, 1:56 AM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

UK - The Really Channel (Freeview 20 / Sky 248) listing for Thursday 17th November at 4pm is The Ellen DeGeneres Show with Simon, Kym Douglas and NeNe Leakes.

I think this is probably the show that was cancelled earlier this month, so it will probably be replaced with something different. But it may be worth checking or recording, just in case its one from an earlier date.

Thanks to Cat for the information.

Fran Date: Monday, 21-Nov-11, 8:09 PM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

5 Must See TV Stars by The TV Czar, DaemonsTV

http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/11/21/5-must-see-tv-stars/

(I must say that I don't agree with everything said here, but still some nice praise for Simon)

There’s a chance that Simon Baker may be more valuable to his show than any other television actor going. If you removed Baker from the show and replaced him with an average actor, THE MENTALIST is borderline unwatchable. Baker is the epitome of a one-man team. The show asks him to go in a lot of different directions, and he delivers every time. He’s funny, charismatic, and has an excellent feel for the moment. His emotions always match the stakes of the scene. There are many deserving male leads who deserve Emmy nominations, but the fact that Simon Baker has only one nomination is incomprehensible to me.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 23-Nov-11, 3:13 PM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

This looks like a good interview, shame for me its in French and google translate doesn't do a great job!

http://www.tv8.ch/web/DetailArticle.aspx?idArticle=2941

Fran Date: Tuesday, 29-Nov-11, 2:10 AM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

UK - Channel 5+1 launches on 6th December: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEa5bTRvAL8

Fran Date: Tuesday, 29-Nov-11, 9:01 PM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

Its 'Spot Simon' time - CBS Promo Happy Holidays 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOwSLmDURF0

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 30-Nov-11, 1:31 AM | Message # 41
Bee's Knees

Face palm, seriously CBS? Wow, cheesy, cheap and awful, way to go CBS!

Fran Date: Wednesday, 30-Nov-11, 1:13 PM | Message # 42
Fair Dinkum

4.10 Fugue in Red Spoilers - TVGuide 5-18 December Transcript
Thanks to Tia

The Mentalist Goes Mental

This might not seem like a laughing matter, but it is! Tonight on The Mentalist, someone comes very close to murdering Patrick Jane, the criminal analyst played by Simon Baker, and it will leave our hero with a bizarre case of selective amnesia – which has him reverting to the wicked, womanizing ways of his youth.

“Patrick is once again the completely conscience-free hustler he was in the years before the audience met him.” says creator Bruno Heller “He’s forgotten he ever had a wife and daughter and that they were murdered by Red John. It’s a chance to see him as a truly happy man.”

One sequence has Jane conducting a scam séance in a bar full of firefighters and their ladies. "Simon really threw himself into this." says Heller. “It’s a very funny performance.”

Because Jane’s state is so delicate, his cronies at CBI must treat him with kid gloves. His boss Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) has been warned by doctors that “she can’t tell Jane the truth about his memory gap,” says Heller. “She must allow his mind to heal in its own gradual way.” At the same time, she needs Jane’s help solving crimes, including his own near-assassination. So he’s told what he does for a living.

“He’s like ‘Oh OK …. that sounds like fun!' and gets right on board with it.” says Heller, who admits he’s no stickler for accuracy. “I wouldn’t go calling the AMA to see if this is a true depiction of post-traumatic amnesia … we’re just having some laughs here.”

Caption on picture: "When you witness the old Patrick seducing and stealing" says creator Bruno Heller, "you realize how much integrity he’s acquired through tragedy"

Fran Date: Thursday, 01-Dec-11, 1:15 AM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

Excerpt from article about Samsung Australia 'Samsung Marketing Director Quits'

In a shock move the head of marketing at Samsung Lambro Skropodis, has quit the Korean Company with today being his last day.
Late last year Samsung Australia launched a multimillion dollar brand marketing campaign using the star Simon Baker. At the time Skropodis said that he was set to use Baker "long term" to deliver different category messaging.

Several months into the campaign Skropidis said that he was "shocked" when the ANZ bank snared Baker for a new campaign, since then Samsung has dropped the Baker campaign.

http://www.smartoffice.com.au/Management/Human_Resources/S3B4X2J7

Fran Date: Sunday, 04-Dec-11, 2:22 AM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

December 2011 - Translated from French magazine Télé 7 Jours by http://robingreenshades.blogspot.com/2011....ml#more

(Not sure about this, there have been similar rumours before in the French press. I suppose its possible that they could shoot an episode in France, but it would be expensive)

Simon Baker: the handsome Mentalist to film in France?

Here is news that is going to make The Mentalist fans happy! While the third season is going to end on TF1 with more than 10 million viewers, series creator Bruno Heller talked with Télé 7 Jours, and he revealed a possible relocation of the series... in France!

When asked about a possible shooting outside California, he answers: " Simon Baker and I have talked about it, and we agreed about France". French fans, be ready to welcome The Mentalist in one or two years!

The shooting's location is not yet determined, but the Basque Coast is a possibility. "Simon loves it. He has already been there with his family, and he appreciated other places too, like Brittany. He would love to live there."

Season 6 or 7 might then be shot in France. And more great news: The Mentalist might have a romantic interest! "Patrick Jane has his needs, like everyone else, you're right! But for him, sex is closely linked to love, feelings. I could concede him an escapade in a season or two", says series creator.

And what better than Paris, for a romantic interest for The Mentalist?

Fran Date: Saturday, 17-Dec-11, 1:25 AM | Message # 45
Fair Dinkum

16th December Tweet by @AAdamVH

"Just met Simon Baker and told him I stared at his face for two months while working on the Margin Call posters. He said, "Sorry about that.""

Note: I'm not absolutely sure but I think this guy is in Brisbane. If so, it means Simon has just arrived in Australia for his Christmas break. (I think Simon's last day filming was yesterday because that was Matt's last day on set). Tweet would have been about 9am Saturday Brisbane time.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz