Friday, 29-Mar-24, 7:12 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Fran Date: Saturday, 07-Jan-12, 3:27 AM | Message # 46
Fair Dinkum

@AustralianTimes

"About to interview awesome Aussie actor Simon Baker ahead of his new film Margin Call's premiere in London next week."

Fran Date: Tuesday, 10-Jan-12, 1:45 AM | Message # 47
Fair Dinkum

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/title-t....2

Everyone knows Simon Baker from The Mentalist spent $1.5 million on his Nashua, Byron retreat... and he’s been spotted swimming at Byron on New Year’s Day. But the sale of the house on seven hectares at Nashua - now on the paparazzi trail - officially lists Nicholas Layton, a prolific property player, and Steven Burns as its registered buyers, not the former Ballina High boy made good. Don’t say that Title Tattle admitted it, but the ownership status with no mortgage is something of a mystery needing greater powers than mine to get to the bottom of it all.

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 14-Jan-12, 2:41 AM | Message # 48
Bee's Knees

In which episode did Simon eschew wearing the infamous vest? And not when he was in a tuxedo, that would be cheating.

Fran Date: Monday, 23-Jan-12, 1:54 AM | Message # 49
Fair Dinkum

Quote (sylvia5993)
In which episode did Simon eschew wearing the infamous vest?

I think the only one I can remember is 2.13 Redline, where Simon didn't wear it for some scenes. I saw that someone asked the MentalistWriters on twitter if there was a particular reason, and they said no. But I think it was while filming that episode that Simon skidded off the end a pier into the water, so I've always wondered if perhaps they didn't have a spare vest on location with them.

Fran Date: Monday, 23-Jan-12, 12:41 PM | Message # 50
Fair Dinkum

Simon was at the Lakers game last night, hopefully some photos will turn up soon.

justlook3 Date: Tuesday, 24-Jan-12, 0:19 AM | Message # 51
Bee's Knees

Quote (sylvia5993)
In which episode did Simon eschew wearing the infamous vest?

I think the only one I can remember is 2.13 Redline, where Simon didn't wear it for some scenes. I saw that someone asked the MentalistWriters on twitter if there was a particular reason, and they said no. But I think it was while filming that episode that Simon skidded off the end a pier into the water, so I've always wondered if perhaps they didn't have a spare vest on location with them.

There's also 1.03 Red Tide where eventually Patrick takes off his vest when he's at the beach. That's also the most skin we get off of him I think (more's the pity when you look at his other shows and movies, LOL) since the shirt is way unbuttoned and his trousers rolled up.

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 24-Jan-12, 0:27 AM | Message # 52
Bee's Knees

The December episode where he is almost drowned is showing a lot of chest, Simon has appeared naked in several films when he was younger. Apparently, Aussies shed clothing quite readily, but as Patrick Jane, it would be a bit odd. Maybe his next film, if it ever gets into production, about an aging surfing champion (Breathe) which Simon owns the rights to, will be a bit more revealing, ask Bec what she thinks.

Fran Date: Thursday, 26-Jan-12, 8:35 PM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

‘The Mentalist’s Simon Baker signs autographs at David Letterman!'

Some details & video (already in Videos Section) from someone who was there

http://professionalfangirl.com/2012....tterman

(It seems to me that most of the people who hang around waiting for autographs aren't actually fans of Simon, they're people who collect autographs of anyone who's famous, or earn money by selling autographs on ebay. Right, I've got that off my chest now biggrin )

Mossibecca Date: Friday, 27-Jan-12, 11:19 AM | Message # 54
Bee's Knees

Fran, that is EXACTLY what I thought while watching the vid......they seemed awfully well prepared with the board for himto rest on...and the young men didn't look....fan...ish! wacko

Fran Date: Friday, 27-Jan-12, 12:07 PM | Message # 55
Fair Dinkum

Yes Mossibecca, it irritates me - those people quickly dismissed Simon as not very nice just because he didn't stop for fans on the way in. They obviously know nothing about him because there are plenty of examples of Simon signing autographs and having his picture taken. But it never seems to occur to these people that sometimes he has a busy schedule to keep to, whereas proper fans know that he must have had a very tiring, busy day with lots of interviews starting early in the morning.

Fran Date: Friday, 27-Jan-12, 12:08 PM | Message # 56
Fair Dinkum

@ENews - https://twitter.com/#!/ENews

"Who's your favorite Australian star? Use #HotAussie to tell us!"

Fran Date: Friday, 27-Jan-12, 6:45 PM | Message # 57
Fair Dinkum

Australia Day - Australia's Sexiest Stars: http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who....2707904

Fran Date: Wednesday, 08-Feb-12, 9:11 PM | Message # 58
Fair Dinkum

UK - Simon's recent Ellen interview will be shown on 14th February at 4pm on the Really channel (channel 20 on Freeview).

Fran Date: Saturday, 11-Feb-12, 2:43 PM | Message # 59
Fair Dinkum

I've been told that the latest edition of the National Enquirer has some photos of Simon and Becca at the recent Lakers game. I haven't seen it myself, so thanks to Angie for the info.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 14-Mar-12, 11:49 AM | Message # 60
Fair Dinkum

13th March

@ausfilm

"At Tropfest LA screening: Simon Baker is in the house!"

"At Tropfest LA Screening: Speeches starting. Joel edgerton is here. John Polson and Simon Baker talking."

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz