Monday, 29-Apr-24, 7:54 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Juney Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 11:23 AM | Message # 76
Bee's Knees

Fran please don't give up. I'm a bit of a technophobe so don't log in every day but when I do its straight to your page. One thing could you tell me which thread the poem 'Nick's Room' was on? I found it once but have lost track.

June Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 1:25 PM | Message # 77
Bee's Knees

I don't use twitter, in fact this is the only page that I use to chat with people because I love it. What you make here Fran is such a wonderful thing! This is the best place that I've found about Simon Baker. I would like to participate more but English is not my language, so is not easy for me to comment everything.
Anyway, thank you for giving me the chance to meet nice people with something in common, we love Simon Baker. Anything I can do to help you, I will.
Best wishes.

Sandra Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 4:42 PM | Message # 78
Jillaroo

You have the greatest site around. All of your effort is very appreciated. There are no other sites as well put together as yours. Thank you for all of your hard work. I am in the U.S.A. so do not know who Graham Norton is. Sorry. Please keep up the good work. I know it must be very time consuming! This is the first place I come everymorning and the last place I come every nite. So thank you very much for all the hard work.

Sandra Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 4:55 PM | Message # 79
Jillaroo

Does anyone think that the show will go longer thank seven years?

Fran Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 5:12 PM | Message # 80
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the lovely comments. Honestly I wasn't fishing for compliments, I'm genuinely feeling a bit disillusioned at the moment about the number
of people using the site who seem to think its some sort of entitlement. And I ask myself do I really want my hard work to benefit people like that. So its not really about the twitter thing, I've been feeling this way for some time and I think that just brought it to a head. So I'm having a day off today, while I think about whether I want to change the way the site works to restrict some or all of it to members and/or site friends (i.e. those who participate).

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 5:18 PM | Message # 81
Dinkie-Di

Fran - you are doing a good job - and I agree with all the comments above. You pull together such a huge amount of information and it must take you so long. I really do appreciate it. I have just been away (school hols) - in the wonderful Margaret River - doing everything but surfing (windsurfing, kayaking, scuba diving, mountain biking) - and I read Breath. I highly recommend it. I think (about 70% sure) - it is based in MR in the 70s - cant wait until the film starts... I had never heard of Graham but I sent a tweet anyway - then just tonight I saw his show is on here on Friday ev - so I have set the recorder and see what it is about. Please keep up the good work... biggrin

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 6:00 PM | Message # 82
Bee's Knees

FOr those of you in the U.S. Graham norton is on BBC America Saturday nights, and his website can catch you up on all the great funny moments although some of the humour is foreign to us here and sometimes the accents are a bit difficult it is always a lively and entertaining show. So DVR it and hope to see Simon there, the last time he was int he UK for that Football mach I was hoping he would be invited.

bee Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 7:35 PM | Message # 83
Fair Dinkum

Please don't get disillusioned Fran, this site is amazing and it's all down to your hard work and the time you put into it. Honestly it's like belonging to a great family of like-minded friends who are all interested in Simon as an actor and as a loving family man. It's so nice to read other people's points of view especially about The Mentalist and Simon in general and I know I'd be lost without it. I visit this site every day (well OK more than once a day) to keep up-to-date with my favourite man (and my Simon friends) so please keep up the good work.

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 7:40 PM

Fran Date: Wednesday, 25-Apr-12, 0:06 AM | Message # 84
Fair Dinkum

I just wanted to let you know that I've now made my decision about the way forward.

When I created this site I hoped to attract a community of like-minded people who, as Bee said, primarily admire Simon as an actor and a family man. I think I've achieved that, there are some lovely people on here who have interesting views and whose comments are always respectful. And I'd like to strengthen that sense of community. There are also people who visit the site that aren't part of that community and don't want to be - of course that's their choice and I understand it, but I'm sorry I'm just not interested in those people.

So, sometime soon, the following changes will be made:

1. The site will only be available to members.

2. The Gallery and part of the Forum (currently the 'Members Only' section) will only be available to site friends.

Note that members become site friends when they participate on the site. If anybody who is currently a 'User' thinks they should be a 'Friend', then please send me a Private Message or email me at thebakerboy@hotmail.co.uk

Quote (Juney)
could you tell me which thread the poem 'Nick's Room' was on? I found it once but have lost track.
The poems by Scouse are here: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/2-78-1

Thrill Date: Wednesday, 25-Apr-12, 1:06 AM | Message # 85
Dinkie-Di

Good decision Fran happy

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 25-Apr-12, 3:30 AM | Message # 86
Bee's Knees

I support anything you do Fran, I know it's hard work doing this site. I do suggest you make an announcement somewhere else on the board just in case people are missing this because of the topic!

Kimmi23 Date: Wednesday, 25-Apr-12, 3:55 AM | Message # 87
Ankle Biter

I support your decision as well. I know it must be extremely hard work to do this site.

love1ypink Date: Wednesday, 25-Apr-12, 4:17 AM | Message # 88
Blow-In

I'm one of those visitors who neglects to post on the board sad , whether it would be lack of time or just pure laziness, and for that I apologize. I appreciate, the amount of time and effort and love that you have placed in this site, Fran.

This site is one of the few places on the web that I truly enjoy and again I want to give you my thanks, Fran. You have created an amazing site and your work and dedication should not go unnoticed. Again, thank you! smile

June Date: Wednesday, 25-Apr-12, 10:52 AM | Message # 89
Bee's Knees

I'm with you, Fran. I hope it helps somehow.

Mrpf Date: Wednesday, 25-Apr-12, 11:48 AM | Message # 90
Ankle Biter

Hi Fran. I am one of those visitors who never speaks. I love Simon and I think this is the best Website,it is made with love and respect. But you also have to understand that not everyone speaks your language. Write two lines can cost me half an hour and after that nobody understands it. I may not have explained well. smile I'm sorry but this place is one of the reasons that make me get up every day.

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz