Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 4:31 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1
Fran Date: Sunday, 18-Mar-12, 12:56 PM | Message # 61
Fair Dinkum

17th March

@karimozena
"Here at the @SMMoA" Santa Monica Museum of Art - INCOGNITO exhibition: http://smmoa.org/index.php/exhibitions/details/250

"CUTE Simon Baker going back in to ponder a piece. He has his smarty art glasses on."

Fran Date: Friday, 13-Apr-12, 8:52 PM | Message # 62
Fair Dinkum

According to http://the-mentalist.frenchboard.com Simon (and Jeremy Irons) will be attending the French premiere of Margin Call in Paris on 24th April.

Fran Date: Sunday, 15-Apr-12, 0:24 AM | Message # 63
Fair Dinkum

The following information is also in the source of the UGC Cinema page, but its not visible on the page so probably hidden to non-members http://www.ugc.fr/complex.do?comeFrom=allMoviesLink&complexId=CCDEF

"Avant-première de MARGIN CALL en VOST Vendredi 27 avril à 21h en présence de l'acteur Simon Baker"

My French isn't good, but this seems to be fairly definite that Simon will be attending the French premiere in Paris on Friday 27th April.

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 15-Apr-12, 11:44 PM | Message # 64
Bee's Knees

It does say pre-premiere of margin call on the 27th which is probable since Simon will be in Europe tostart shooting his next film. Interesting though about margin Call since it has been out in England and most of Europe for a while now.

Fran Date: Monday, 16-Apr-12, 2:08 PM | Message # 65
Fair Dinkum

French member Psyred has told me that Simon will also be attending a screening of Margin Call on 24th April at 8pm at the Gaumont Montparnasse, but I haven't personally seen this confirmed anywhere else.

Fran Date: Friday, 20-Apr-12, 7:49 PM | Message # 66
Fair Dinkum

French member Psyred has told me that Simon will not be attending the French premiere of Margin Call on 27th April. One of the members of http://the-mentalist.frenchboard.com phoned the cinema and they confirmed that Simon will not be present.

Also, the information I previously posted has been removed from the source of the UGC Cinema page.

Sorry about that folks, but many thanks to Psyred for letting us know.

Fran Date: Sunday, 22-Apr-12, 0:34 AM | Message # 67
Fair Dinkum

Simon's Assistant Matt at Abbey Road, London

Fran Date: Sunday, 22-Apr-12, 2:01 PM | Message # 68
Fair Dinkum

Let's try to get Simon on the Graham Norton Show while he's in the UK. Send a tweet to @grahnort

Fran Date: Monday, 23-Apr-12, 5:45 PM | Message # 69
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Fran)
Let's try to get Simon on the Graham Norton Show while he's in the UK. Send a tweet to @grahnort

I think this is the first time I've ever asked visitors to help with something, and I have to say that I'm disappointed at the poor response. To be honest, its made me wonder why I bother with this site because most (not all) of the people using it are obviously happy to take but not prepared to give anything back sad

justlook3 Date: Monday, 23-Apr-12, 6:11 PM | Message # 70
Bee's Knees

I'll try, I didn't see that until today. This is the right twitter right? It's not verified but it's been active since '09 so I'm going to guess they would have taken it down by now if it wasn't. Not sure if it'll do much, I've participated in these before and have never had a result. sad

lionking Date: Monday, 23-Apr-12, 7:36 PM | Message # 71
Blow-In

Quote (Fran)
I think this is the first time I've ever asked visitors to help with something, and I have to say that I'm disappointed at the poor response.

I'm so sorry but I don't have twitter. sad Afraid social networking isn't really my thing, I don't even have facebook ... yes, if you are wondering, my kids do think I'm weird.

More generally I apologise for not having taken part more, particularly in posting my impressions of the episodes. Unfortunately, I've been so busy that I don't get to see the episodes until weeks after everyone else and at that point it seems a bit redundant to re-start the conversation.

I know it is poor consolation but I do enjoy your site and am very grateful for your hard work.

Fran Date: Monday, 23-Apr-12, 8:04 PM | Message # 72
Fair Dinkum

Thanks justlook3 and lionking - actually its people like both of you that make me feel its worth continuing whenever I feel a bit disillusioned about it. I guess sometimes I wish I could just share it all with nice friendly people and block out the not-so-nice - I may have to think about whether there's a way to do that biggrin

Kimmi23 Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 1:39 AM | Message # 73
Ankle Biter

I do not really use twitter. If I did I would definitely have sent a tweet. I do have to say you do a terrific job with the site.

Geli Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 6:51 AM | Message # 74
Surfie

Sorry can't help send a tweet cause I'm not on twitter. Definitely appreciate everything you do with this website to keep fans of Simon Baker and The Mentalist informed, Fran!! It's relatively small, easy to navigate, friendly, up to date (!), very informative. Your personal care and passion shine through. Please don't give up on this website, Fran, there are other likeminded people that also appreciate Simon Baker. Thank you!

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 24-Apr-12, 10:17 AM | Message # 75
Bee's Knees

Fran....I don't do twitter.....I'm not really a social networking kinda girl!!

I LOVE your site, you do such a mega wonderful job keeping us all up to date with all things Simon, I tend to hold conversations with everyone in my head...I must let the thoughts come down through my fingers to you wacko .......

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info - Part 1 (to 28 February 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz