Sunday, 28-Apr-24, 9:47 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 01 The Crimson Ticket (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
01 The Crimson Ticket
justlook3 Date: Monday, 01-Oct-12, 7:24 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

Huh interesting, I didn't think of it that way. Could be.

Fran Date: Monday, 01-Oct-12, 7:25 PM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

beautyfulbabyboy, that's a brilliant idea. It hadn't occurred to me at all, but now you've pointed it out I really like the idea and hope that it's true.

Its a shame that some people felt disappointed by the episode, but I think that every season there are some people who feel that way, because its been such a long wait and people are looking forward to it with very high expectations - so it can seem a bit of an anti-climax. Writing the first ep of the season is a bit of a thankless task really, which is probably one of the reasons that Bruno does it rather than giving the job to someone else. He can't reveal too much in the 1st episode, because he needs to leave himself somewhere to go - its a long season with a lot of time to fill. So, really I think the first episode is the foundation for the season arc (or at least the first half of the season) that will build and become more rewarding as the season progresses.

Tish Date: Monday, 01-Oct-12, 8:15 PM | Message # 18
Blow-In

Have only watched it once so far and need to watch it again and pay closer attention.
Looking at the comments have missed so many clues on the way. I never quite know what to make of the first episode but the final twist was a typical Bruno Heller fast one ...
Comment of the episode for me was "I had my fingers crossed" - so convincingly said you would believe it helps to cross fingers when you are twisting the truth (telling a lie).
I also like your analogy beatifullbabyboy - I was wondering what PJ was apologising for. It usually pays to pay close attention to what PJ says ahead of setting a trap.

bee Date: Monday, 01-Oct-12, 8:15 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

Good thinking beautyfulbaby boy and I agree with your theory but he did look generally surprised when they brought out the other woman and how is it that she appeared to have the same name? If Jane had anything to do with it there must have been other people involved in the deception ie the woman herself for a start. Having said that it seems anything is possible with Jane and he wouldn't necessarily tell Lisbon what he'd done! I'm still trying to figure out how he placed those photos in that guy's wallet and the glass bead in Mancini's pocket without them knowing!! But maybe that's just me having a 'senior moment'!! I thought Jane was apologising to Lisbon for all the trouble he had caused with the FBI and his interrogation technique with Lorelei as he knew it had upset her. Mind you he doesn't usually apologise for his shenanigans but perhaps he is trying to make amends with her somehow. We can but hope!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 01-Oct-12, 8:45 PM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 01-Oct-12, 8:32 PM | Message # 20
True Blue

Watched it 4 times now (once this morning , thrice after work....call me addict... online2long ) and still couldn´t figure out how he managed to put a) the pics in the manager´s walled or b) the bead in the FBI-guy´s pocket.
When I watched first time I also did think he had a surprised expression on his face when Lorelei changed her looks so much, but now I think he looks just concerned - concerned if his plan works out?
Didn´t we see part of the bracelet coming out of the FBI-guys pocket? wink

bee Date: Monday, 01-Oct-12, 8:43 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Yeah beautyfulbaby boy just realised what the bracelet was used for and deleted my previous thought! sorry being a bit dense here. Dont worry I'll probably sleep better tonight....

Message edited by bee - Monday, 01-Oct-12, 8:52 PM

lenacr Date: Monday, 01-Oct-12, 11:11 PM | Message # 22
Dinkie-Di

I have just watched the episode for the first time and only once. I will watch it again but later, maybe tomorrow.
I also expected more from this premiere. I felt that the most exciting part was the end - losing Lorelei. Interesting idea about Jane helping her disappear, Beautifulbabyboy. We'll see.
I also believe that this first episode is easing us into a wonderful season, where things will be disclosed and discovered re: RJ; but we can't have it all in the first episode, can we? - there are 22/23 more episodes to come.
I had guessed that the killer was the policeman, but had not got the clues about the lottery. Indeed the routine case was not very interesting.
Interesting moments and conversation with Lorelei. Jane insisting to help her into a new life (maybe Beautifulbabyboy is right after all). Lorelei's comment about his relationship with Lisbon - he is a little bit in love with her (though I am not a shipper).
Also, interesting comments of Jane re: Lorelei, that he is manipulating her and such (she is a stepping stone, would marry her if he thought she'd buy it)
And interesting reactions from Lisbon - she is not his girlfriend (I think that's what she says) but an officer of the law, being exasperated, etc
Looking forward to next episodes

Message edited by lenacr - Monday, 01-Oct-12, 11:13 PM

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 1:13 AM | Message # 23
Rip Snorter

I thought it was a good episode, but with all that was going on we didn't really need a case. Bruno, like last season, trying to stuff too much in the episode. Loved the Jane/Lorelai chemistry, ticked off Lisbon, and the little scene with Bertram and the FBI lady trying to blackmail each other. Lisbon actually told him Lorelai was his first since...dang. Like in Lady In Red Jane claims to have known her RJ connection from the beginning but I don't believe him. Lorelai is playing on Jane's overprotective instincts since he wasn't there for his wife and child. So who has Lorelai - RJ or FBI. What I do hate is when I get totally hooked by the promo for the next episode wacko

bonbon Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 3:50 AM | Message # 24
Jillaroo

Just a quick note to Sylvia5993....Simon seems to return in each new season premiere with a 'shorter', 'thinner trimmed' hair style. (Personally, I LOVE his hair thicker, messier, longer in the back / sides and with that finger-combed look.) I think this current look has to do with the cuts and styles done over the summer for his role in the movie, the various advertisements (Longines / AZR (?) Bank, etc.) and all of the PR pictures and appearances. It'll be back to Patrick's casual look before too long. Have enjoyed all of the above remarks about opener......really good ideas, everyone!

Tina Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 8:59 AM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

I watched it once and it was late and I was very tired. I didn't get too much of the story, have to watch again today. But it's always so that on first watch I'm too busy watching Simon that I miss a lot of the storyline. Well, it was an okay episode for me, could have been better, could have been worth. I loved it that there was a lot of PJ, that's what is most important for me. I don't like Simon's hairstyle too much too. Love it a bit longer, but when I see the latest photos it seems already be better now. But no matter how his hair is, he always looks gorgeous.
I'm expecting very much of episode 2, I don't watch the promos and don't read anything more about it, I just can't wait til next week!
I just so hope that TM is on for a while longer! I "hate" CBS for airing it Sunday nights now.

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 11:02 AM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

I have watched once....but will soon remedy that!!

I enjoyed it because it seemed to be in 'real time'......Lisbon still looks pale and drawn, they had toned down her make up in the finale last year to show worried Lisbon, and they have carried it on this time. Robin played it VERY well in my opinion....she looked like a woman at the end of her tether who is likely to explode any time.

Cho is very protective of Lisbon....I think that the FBI people shoving Lisbon was the catalyst to Cho pitching in in the fight.

Everyone is very stressed and wound up. I thought the scene where we first see Patrick watching Lorelei through the glass (her looking seemingly straight back at him) was very well done....he looked like a scientist watching an experiment.....cold, distant. I don't see attraction....more possession. He really DOESN'T want to lose her this time. i hadn't thought of HIM removing her from prison....but a good thought.

I loved the expression on his face when Lorelei said he was a little bit in love with Lisbon.....he obviously hadn't thought of it.....and again when he said that people kiss for all sorts of different reasons.

I think it was a well written episode that needs to be taken in context with the rest of the season, if there hadn't been a break for the summer, it would have seemed a more natural follow on, I think people may be a bit disappointed because of the long wait for the season to start.

Good stuff!!

Fran Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 11:26 AM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Mossibecca)
he looked like a scientist watching an experiment

YES, I think thats a great analogy, because there was something very clinical about his expression.

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 2:53 PM | Message # 28
Dinkie-Di

About to watch for 4th time... I just wanted to say I really like the new hair - shorter at the back so it has gone all curly (there were some great back of head shots) - and its not too (Guardian) short........ Cho is always very protective of Lisbon....

jazzgirl Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 3:21 PM | Message # 29
Blow-In

I've watched it twice so far and without having read your comments before, by the second time watching I was thinking that jane could have taken lorelei out of prison too. As some of you already stated, he's very determined helping her to get away from RJ and instead telling him everything about RJ. besdes, he knows very well how to escape prisons wink
I enjoyed this episode very much and it didn't bother me that the actual case was a little bit predictable, I was too busy with all the other wonderful interactions (ie. rigsby and cho on one couch - hillarious!), mostly those between jane and lisbon. big compliment on robin there, the looks she gave him and that "you're driving me nuts!" - loved it! simon, as always, did a very good job and I'm very excited about next week's episode!

Lena Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 3:34 PM | Message # 30
Dinkie-Di

I watched the episode again and I agree with you Mossibecca and Fran, Patrick don't seems attracted to Lorelei but very determined in his purpose.
Beautyfulbabyboy another great remark it looks the same bead of the bracelet, I wonder if Patrick don't touched Mancini maybe he asked to someone else to put it in his pocket as when he made the trick at Dr. Steiner.
I also liked when the victim's sister did no stop to hug Patrick to thank him and his expression was really funny and I also like his new haircut.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 01 The Crimson Ticket (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz