Sunday, 28-Apr-24, 8:43 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 01 The Crimson Ticket (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
01 The Crimson Ticket
beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 7:08 PM | Message # 31
True Blue

Ah! The bead must have been planted on the FBI-guy by Jane in this scene in front of the elevator, when they took Lorelei away. And probably he really gave the "rest" of the bracelet to Lorelei as a gift to underline the "proof"?

I agree with most of you about his hair.
Thrill: Funny, watching the first scene first time I actually felt reminded of Nick Fallin because of the haircut. I love Simon with whatever haircut, but it´s funny what a difference it makes - He can look so differently, he´s a real chameleon.

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 7:51 PM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 7:18 PM | Message # 32
True Blue

ooouh! yes, in fact ther ARE other reasons to kiss someone: what if Jane "gave" Lorelei something (information of his plan, whatever) by kissing her?

Sorry, I just can´t stop thinking it over and over again...

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 7:18 PM

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 7:43 PM | Message # 33
Dinkie-Di

Beautyfulbabyboy, I thought too that maybe when he kissed L. he gave her a plan and such

Two additions to my comments of yesterday:
I was not that impressed by the FBI people, any of them.
I have decided not to watch promos or spoilers from now on. I realised that I enjoy TM more when I am blank about each new episode. Of course, this requires some great control on my part; we'll see....

Message edited by lenacr - Tuesday, 02-Oct-12, 7:54 PM

Geni Date: Wednesday, 03-Oct-12, 2:43 AM | Message # 34
Ankle Biter

Loved to have the mentalist back but to be perfectly honest I was not very impressed with the case of the week. But I suspect Bruno knew that after a whole summer waiting to see where the Lorelei lead goes most of us would be more interested in that marathon than in the sprint. And that last scene enticed us even more. Where the hell is Lorelei? How did she escape from prison? My favourite scenes were:

- Jane and Lisbon talking about Jane's involvement with Lorelei "she's the first person since your wife died"
- Jane and Lorelei: because of the RJ story and because she adds another dimension to the character (sensual/sexual)
- The court scene when he assumes he had a relationship with Lorelei...and the prank! LOL

lenacr Date: Wednesday, 03-Oct-12, 8:22 AM | Message # 35
Dinkie-Di

I have now watched the Crimson Ticket again. I enjoyed the second viewing a lot more than the first. I don't know exactly why, but this episode improved on my second viewing. And now in my opinion this is a really good episode, one of the better ones.

Message edited by lenacr - Wednesday, 03-Oct-12, 8:23 AM

bee Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 9:02 AM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

Having watched this episode for the umpteenth time...I have a few more observations and ideas running around in my head (sad I know).

In my opinion Alexa Shultz didn't come across as someone who was in authority. She spoke very softly and to me didn't have a very strong character compared, say, to Susan Darcy for example who I found to be more forceful and intimidating. Oh well, time will tell. Did Gabe Mancini already know Lisbon? On arriving at the double murder why did he simply call her Teresa. Even if he already knew her in my view it wasn't very professional! Did he do it to belittle her (a mere woman), annoyed that their team had not been suspended or perhaps just to rile Jane? He clearly has no time for him. (By the way where was the scene that we saw in the trailer where Jane rolls his eyes when Mancini says to Jane he should be in jail and not out working cases?). As for FBI Agent Reede Smith I think he is just a bully!

In front of the Judge I'm not sure why the three of them found it amusing at the idea that one of the FBI could be connected to RJ, after all Craig O'Loughlan was in the FBI and RJ has said in the past he has "friends" in the police. For all we know even in the CBI!

Lastly, Jane believes he can turn Lorelei (maybe he does eventually because we are told more information comes to light on RJ) but I believe Lorelei had the upper hand in Jane's interrogation of her. When he asked her how she was she cleverly turned the conversation back to him, asking him how HE was and why did he work for the CBI, telling him it was probably to be close to Lisbon, even saying that he was "a little bit in love with her", thereby putting him off-guard. It was also HER that said "we'll talk again later". To me that says SHE was in control of the situation here and not Jane. He may believe he is starting to get to her but I'm not sure....I think he has a little way to go yet. She is still very much under RJ's influence, willing to die for him. Jane thinks he's playing her but I don't believe it will be as easy as he imagines. I'm also not sure if he had anything to do with Lorelei's disappearance but with Jane anything is possible!

Message edited by bee - Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 9:48 AM

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 10:22 AM | Message # 37
Bee's Knees

@Bee, good points, I had noticed that Lorelei seemed to be setting the agenda in the interview.....maybe Jane was letting her do that to let her feel that she had power.....sort of reverse psychology?????? He may be hoping that she will get over confident and let things slip if she thinks that HE is under HER spell........Ow.....my head hurts now!! wacko

Message edited by Mossibecca - Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 10:30 AM

Tina Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 11:05 AM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

lenacr, I feel the same thing. After the first time watching it I tought it was an okay episode. After the second time I really loved it. After the third time even more. I watch it again this evening. It's SOOO good to have TM back with new episodes.
About Simon's hair : I like it a bit shorter too, but for me it's too long on the upper/front head compared to the shorter sides and back. Loved it how he had it in Season 1 for example. And a bit longer is always good for me :-) But no matter what hairstyle he has, he's always looking gorgeous. I also loved how he looked in The Guardian.

Fran Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 11:15 AM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

I thought the same as mossibecca, that part of a good con is to make the other person feel that they're in control and that you're the vulnerable one. I could well be proved wrong, but I personally think Jane is in control of the situation. I'm also now convinced that he's got Lorelei, because in that final scene you see the guard and fake Lorelei walking towards them and Jane is facing them before he turns and apologises to Lisbon.

I usually find that I enjoy the episodes more on repeated viewings - I find the first time I watch I tend to miss little details and subtleties.

bee Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 12:45 PM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

The thing with Jane and his "tricks" is that we (the audience) sometimes don't know what he is up to until after the event. His fake breakdown, the long con and the fake deaths of Lisbon and Rigsby cases in point, so for all we know, yes, the whole team could have been involved in taking Lorelei. But when and how remains a mystery and will we ever discover how they did it (if indeed they did)? I do agree it does seem suspicious that he apologised to Lisbon at that point in time. As I said before anything is possible with Jane and he seems to have gained Lisbon and the team's trust once again.

Jane is a master con artist and has used reverse psychology in the past so that idea could prove to be the case. Up until now Jane has always been one step behind RJ and his minions so perhaps it is now time for him to take control! My head also hurts Mossibecca....and it's only the first episode. Aahh!! blink

Alejandra Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 1:11 PM | Message # 41
Ankle Biter

Bret Stiles owes a favor to Jane. And if this favor consists of the fact that Bret Stiles hides to Lorelei?

Thrill Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 1:24 PM | Message # 42
Dinkie-Di

wow -
Bret Stiles hides to Lorelei

what a thought......

Another - perhaps PJ really does like Loreli? Remember on The Talk last week when Simon was asked about whether he got any personal satisfaction (with EC) ... and he was very embarrassed until he realised they meant PJ finding more out about RJ through Loreli - then recovered quickly to explain more about the RJ story arc....

Lena Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 1:49 PM | Message # 43
Dinkie-Di

I like your remark Alejandra, this could be a possibility and the character of Bret Stiles should be back in this season.

Fran also for me it's so, when I saw the episode a second time I focused more on the details and I enjoyed more.

I agree with all of you, we do not yet know if Jane devised a plan with Lorelei, but he certainly he knows how to surprise us.

Green Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 3:32 PM | Message # 44
Surfie

What an interesting idea- calling in the Bret Stiles favor - Could be. Also got more out of ep 1 on second viewing- I was too slow to catch all the lottery clues the first time around- wink

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 3:45 PM | Message # 45
Bee's Knees

I had another thought....well I WAS ironing!!!

IF Jane has Lorelei, he has saved her from the FBI, she KNOWS there is a mole in the FBI, so.....Knowing that RJ COULD kill her....she will be VERY grateful to Jane for saving her, and maybe THAT is how he gains her trust so she spills the beans.......Oh my head REALLY hurts now....and I'm NOT doing any more ironing!!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 01 The Crimson Ticket (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz