Sunday, 28-Apr-24, 7:55 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 01 The Crimson Ticket (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
01 The Crimson Ticket
justlook3 Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 5:08 PM | Message # 46
Bee's Knees

Did Gabe Mancini already know Lisbon? On arriving at the double murder why did he simply call her Teresa. Even if he already knew her in my view it wasn't very professional! Did he do it to belittle her (a mere woman), annoyed that their team had not been suspended or perhaps just to rile Jane?

It seems that some time has passed, not long, but it's clearly not the next day since the finale. Long enough to cook up the coverup/etc. So I'm guessing sometime in the midterm period, Mancini and Lisbon met. But I don't think that was meant disrespectfully. After all she called him Gabe as well and greeted him pleasantly enough. Also Lisbon called Darcy Susan most of the time. Especially when she was pleading her case about the sting. So I'm guessing between leads they're on a first name basis.

Fran Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 7:28 PM | Message # 47
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Alejandra)
Bret Stiles owes a favor to Jane. And if this favor consists of the fact that Bret Stiles hides to Lorelei?

I like this idea. The one thing that concerned me about the theory of Jane taking Lorelei was how he would keep her safe and still retain control of her. Bret Stiles could provide the answer to that problem, and the owed favour has to be repaid somehow. Of course it would mean Stiles would no longer be a candidate for Red John.

bonbon Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 7:31 PM | Message # 48
Jillaroo

Catching up on all of the chats. Agree with tinamarianne ("Hate CBS for airing it Sunday nights now."). Pain in the butt with the 'double football games' (attempting to adjust the start/extend settings to record on DVR). But a problem, too, is the day of the week. I live in the 'Bible Belt of America' and most folks here aren't home from church yet. Lets's face it, NOT EVERYONE HAS DVR. If we lose TM because of fewer viewers this season, I'll spend my last days boycotting CBS and encouraging others to do so. Bad enough that the program, Simon and cast have been overlooked too often for too long for awards....but don't 'kill it' in this horrible day/time slot.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 04-Oct-12, 9:50 PM | Message # 49
Bee's Knees

Bonbon, I remember hearing that for the first time this year, you would also be able to watch The Mentalist online. I checked the CBS site and it does seem to be available. The link won't work for me, presumably because I'm not in the U.S.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Friday, 05-Oct-12, 10:27 PM | Message # 50
True Blue

Quote (Fran)
in that final scene you see the guard and fake Lorelei walking towards them and Jane is facing them before he turns and apologises to Lisbon.

You´re a fox, Fran!

rewatched the scene and: Yes! You are absolutely right! I didn´t notice it before, but we really see them walking the corridor from Jane´s point of view before Lisbon sees them and right the moment when he starts his "general apology".

But, does that proof my guess right? I hope so, and can´t wait what comes next...

Geni Date: Saturday, 06-Oct-12, 2:22 AM | Message # 51
Ankle Biter

I found it interesting that Lorelei was last seen begging Jane to save her from the FBI. Her intentions might have been shady but she seemed genuinely bothered.

Thrill Date: Sunday, 07-Oct-12, 0:55 AM | Message # 52
Dinkie-Di

Are these better numbers now ???

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012....theNumb

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 07-Oct-12, 5:24 PM | Message # 53
Bee's Knees

These numbers reflect DVR viewing which to me is perfect for late Sunday nights and also because of the football season which might put back TM to later like it probably will tonight. TM showed very well in 18-49 group which previously was quite gloomy.

KathyF Date: Sunday, 07-Oct-12, 5:39 PM | Message # 54
Rip Snorter

I would watch it no matter what day or time it started. I'm sure TM has the loyal fans who feel as I do. Passionate!

Fran Date: Sunday, 07-Oct-12, 6:39 PM | Message # 55
Fair Dinkum

The DVR+3 figures seem quite good, that link showing a 0.7 increase to 2.8 in the 18-49 demo and this link http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012....4 showing a 2.23m increase in viewers to 13.29m.

But I don't know how that compares to last season because I only looked at the DVR+7 figures. Last season the DVR+7 showed around a 1.0 increase in 18-49 (min 3.1 & max 4.1) and a 3.5m increase in viewers (min 15.50m & max 18.53m).

kul65 Date: Sunday, 21-Oct-12, 10:00 PM | Message # 56
Cobber

Finally got to watch this (aired in my country today). I'll need to rewatch it soon though, because I couldn't enjoy it fully having gotten myself spoiled all over the place (bits and pieces from not-so-spoiler-free-as-they-claim reviews and IMDb thread titles). I came in knowing who the killer was, what the motive was, what was going to happen to Lorelei and that Jane was to frame a FBI agent. I simply cannot stay away, so I've decided to catch up in the next few days. I'll rather watch them again when they air here than watch them for the first time already knowing everything that's going to happen. Be with you for "Red Dawn". wink

Message edited by kul65 - Sunday, 21-Oct-12, 10:02 PM

Juney Date: Sunday, 04-Nov-12, 6:01 PM | Message # 57
Bee's Knees

Am I the first to comment from the UK. I was a bit disappointed. Not with the storyline, but with the sound. The music was too loud, drowning out dialogue at one point, and in the scene between PJ and Lorelei I just couldn't hear what was being said. Can't the sound engineers do something about this. cry I did lose the thread a bit so will have to watch the repeats (no hardship).

angel Date: Monday, 05-Nov-12, 10:45 PM | Message # 58
Cobber

Well i have watched epis one twice now and loved it. From the start with the cover up and the press conference and the speach of working together and the two teams just looked at each other. Oh you knew what was going to happen. The fight at the start between cbi and fbi was hilarious. Jane just walks off. And jane then giving the fbi a false suspect to get them to go elsewhere priceless. The conversation between jane and lorelei was intense to me. These two just act well against each other. kudos to Simon and Emmanuelle. Lisbon storming about was so funny. You feel she is ready to hit someone. What she said of the fbi (won't repeat the language she used) you wanted to cheer her on. I so loved the red bead trick with mancini and his reaction. Brilliant and kudos to Ivan Sergei, horrible fbi guy but i love this actor. This will be fun. But i never would have guessed the police officer did it so was surprised with the outcome. Good work writers. But the end also did not see that coming. How could they just put someone else in lorelei place. What is that all about. All in all a great start and a brilliant episode. Now the next one is the real charm, cannot wait.

Deedee Date: Monday, 05-Nov-12, 11:41 PM | Message # 59
Bee's Knees

I just loved this first episode. I pretty much new the storyline (yes couldn't help but succumb to all the spoilers etc) but I am pleased to say did'nt
spoil my enjoyment. Loved the courtroom scene with Simon baiting Mancini with the glass bead stunt and am I the only one who thought that Simon
looked and sounded somuch like Nick (the Guardian) when he was tricking Mancini? Storyline was strong and didn't suspect the police officer. Definitely not very impressed, yet, with Polly Walker (thought her accent slipped too much to be convincing) but it is early days. Sergei played his
part of the arrogant FBI agent very well and , of course, such a perfect character for Jane to wind up!!. Have only watched this episode once so far
and as I can't help but almost completely focus on Simon to begin with !! I need to watch it a few more times to see what I might have missed. Roll
on episode 2 which looks amazing. Oh and forgot to add that Simon was brilliant as usual. biggrin

Juney Date: Tuesday, 06-Nov-12, 6:19 PM | Message # 60
Bee's Knees

Perhaps its my TV (almost new) or maybe my hearing that's going. Perhaps I should watch sub-titles. I do find most US cop shows hard to hear. sad

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 01 The Crimson Ticket (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz