Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 10:08 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 02 Devil's Cherry (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
02 Devil's Cherry
Peithon Date: Wednesday, 10-Oct-12, 5:49 AM | Message # 31
Rip Snorter

Jane gets out of the car and looks across the street before he goes into the crime scene house, so he would have seen what he hallucinated up until the closed gate, which is why in reality it had a pool. Beyond the gate was all Patrick's imagination. As for the end Yeoman discussed an addiction scenario 're Jane a couple of seasons back where he said Jane was loving his drug but it makes him very sick and he has to get off it that never came to pass. Let's not forget it was Cerone who gave us the gun gift in season three that foreshadowed the finale atnepisode end. Then again we got Minnelli's list in one which amounted to nothing in Jolly Red Elf.

bee Date: Wednesday, 10-Oct-12, 7:27 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Green for the dialogue. So frustrating when you cannot hear every word spoken! biggrin

bee Date: Wednesday, 10-Oct-12, 8:46 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

One of my favourite scenes was when Jane was coming round at the hospital and calling Lisbon's name. Caring Lisbon tells him what has happened talking to him as one would to a sick child, which he seems to appreciate by the way, (he has just had his stomach pumped after all). Jane responds to this and barely able to speak asks Lisbon for some water. Returning with the water she finds him..... gone! Gotta love him!!

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 10-Oct-12, 8:48 AM

Thrill Date: Wednesday, 10-Oct-12, 10:50 AM | Message # 34
Dinkie-Di

Just caught up with y all. On hols with intermittent internet but downloaded ep before I left. Watched x4 and made 2 mini movies which won't go up as they will be blocked. All I can say is brilliant. I have got all the dialogue having watched it over and over
All the time Simon put in with Dove paid off it was a brill performance from both Also ea ch time I watch I see more

I am on hols with 4 x 14 yo girls ( inc my daughter) and dove is exactly as I would expect a 16 yo daughter of Jane to be. Mannerisms and dialogue. Plus some wise insitefull stuff
This is def my best ep ever. Simon was also really flexing those a to g muscles
I don't even want to think about the ratings.... Mind you yesterday we were at previlly beach watching the huge surf coming in and I couldn't help imagining him filming breath there one day. But hopefully not for another 3 years!!!!

Thrill Date: Wednesday, 10-Oct-12, 11:42 AM | Message # 35
Dinkie-Di

One last thought. Every time I research it more emerges layer upon layer. I am staying this week in a lovely house in Margaret river and it has wisteria over a trellis by the front door. Did you notice that when Jane first sees Charlotte there is wisteria all over the garden and she is wearing a purple shirt of the same colour and green bangles on her R wrist and her sand shoes are similar to the pavers ......

Tina Date: Thursday, 11-Oct-12, 9:37 AM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

I was so much looking forward to this episode and just this time itunes was a day late. I was almost going crazy! I had a feeling that this would be one of my top episodes and I was right! I just love it! I'm not a Jisbon shipper but I so love to see their friendship grow. They finally know that they have only each other and that they can trust each other no matter what. I really love emotional scenes and this episode has many of them. I really hope we get another Soundtrack CD, because the music at the end was so wonderful, I'd love to have this. All in all, one of my favorites. If this season goes on like this! I just worry so much about the ratings ... I just couldn't handle it if the show was over after Season 5. I so hope the rumors are true and Season 6 is already a done deal.

lenacr Date: Thursday, 11-Oct-12, 2:28 PM | Message # 37
Dinkie-Di

What I still wonder is why this old stately home triggered a hallucination for Jane involving his daughter (with the help of devil's cherry). Is it just something random? Is it because he envisaged a great garden behind the closed gate and he imagines his daughter to be in such a lovely garden, sort of paradise/heaven? Obviously, she is constantly in his mind, but why in relation to this home and why grown up, as she would be if alive? (Or indeed why not his wife?)

As for the gate, Peithon, I still doubt that Jane would have been able to see it with such elaborate detail from where he stood for a second or two, after he parked and got out of his car - but maybe this is a minor detail, anyway...

Juney Date: Thursday, 11-Oct-12, 4:56 PM | Message # 38
Bee's Knees

In UK and haven't seen this yet, but it sounds so like 'Beautiful Blue Mystic' from The Guardian. Wonder if Simon thought so too. Can one buy the sound track music anywhere?

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 11-Oct-12, 5:37 PM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

Patrick doesn't believe in the afterlife i.e. the first season he has said so to Grace several time, so he cannot visualize his daughter in heaven but in a garden and later the pool since his memories of her are still about a child he was raising and now all grown up, but still in a remembered environment,

lenacr Date: Thursday, 11-Oct-12, 5:48 PM | Message # 40
Dinkie-Di

Sylvia, the garden is a hallucination as is Charlotte, the pool is real though...
"A remembered environment" - I believe this myself. Could it be that he has seen this house or a similar-looking house with such a garden with his daughter (in it) before?

Also, although rationally he may not believe in after-life, the subconscious is irrational....

Message edited by lenacr - Friday, 12-Oct-12, 11:35 PM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Thursday, 11-Oct-12, 6:07 PM | Message # 41
True Blue

Quote (Juney)
In UK and haven't seen this yet, but it sounds so like 'Beautiful Blue Mystic' from The Guardian. Wonder if Simon thought so too. Can one buy the sound track music anywhere?

Hej, Juney,
all I could find is the title theme "Empire in my mind" by The Wallflowers. (could´t even find the theme from the first episodes...)
Wikipedia shows Jo(h)n Ehrlich´s filmographies, no discography, so there might not be any release...

Raven Date: Friday, 12-Oct-12, 10:09 PM | Message # 42
Dinkie-Di

I'm curious. Now we know 3 episode's with the title "Cherry" (Devil's Cherry 5x02, Cherry Picked 5x05 and Black Cherry 5x09). Maybe it's just coincidence but could it be that the following episodes continue the path Jane choose at the end of Devil's Cherry (if! it was really belladonne tea in his cup)?
I know in the past seasons some titles were repeated but 3 times in the first 9 episodes? I think that's too much to be a coincidence.

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 13-Oct-12, 1:01 AM | Message # 43
Bee's Knees

I think so too. There has to be some cohesion to these episodes to have the word Cherry in the title. I'm sure it has to do with jane drinking the spiked tea at the end to hopefully rekindle his invented memories of a grown up Charlotte. Could he be wanting to bring back cherished moments with his wife. Black Cherry could presume a very dark episode for Patrick. By the way, did anyone find it funy when he first meets her in the garden, how he describes as almost always the smartest person in the room. Also, how she says she is bored, just as he does. Love the little touches.

Juney Date: Saturday, 13-Oct-12, 5:32 PM | Message # 44
Bee's Knees

Hi babyboy, Actually I meant the sound track/music from TM. Tinamarianne mentioned it above. Haven't seen it advertised anywhere. (How do you do that quote thing).

Raven Date: Saturday, 13-Oct-12, 6:43 PM | Message # 45
Dinkie-Di

Hi Juney. You can buy the Soundrack via Amazon. It's the only one that exist. I hope there will be another one from the last seasons. The music is so beautiful.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Men....ist+ost

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 02 Devil's Cherry (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz