Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 1:31 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
Peithon Date: Friday, 09-Aug-13, 11:42 AM | Message # 16
Rip Snorter

Sounds like casting for NCIS. I sense CBS 'demo' interference.

Message edited by Peithon - Friday, 09-Aug-13, 12:02 PM

AgentM Date: Friday, 09-Aug-13, 10:32 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Justlook, I don't think the crossed out section means that it has been cut. Actors tend to cross out the sections on a script that doesn't involve their character. I believe this script excerpt belonged to the person playing the character named in black pen at the top of the page. You'll notice that character's lines highlighted at the bottom. It just helps to keep them focused for when they run their lines. wink

justlook3 Date: Friday, 09-Aug-13, 11:58 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

Ah I see. At any rate, it looks like a standard murder of the week plot
and that the game changing comment was still meant to be taken as tongue in cheek.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Saturday, 10-Aug-13, 0:14 AM | Message # 19
True Blue

funny thing with the spoiler sometimes to be read and then again nothing- I was able to read it when I opened it the first time and then it was...gone - so it´s got nothing to do with cache or what not...strange. I found nothing really reveilling - or did I miss sth between the lines?
I love to see the script-pages! It makes me feel being an insider somehow.

I CANNOT resist spoilers...!!! crazy

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Saturday, 10-Aug-13, 0:15 AM

Peithon Date: Saturday, 10-Aug-13, 7:42 AM | Message # 20
Rip Snorter

That script page is a 'casting side' for audition purposes, the cross outs are the parts you don't read because your character isn't in those parts, they just happen to share the page.

Message edited by Peithon - Saturday, 10-Aug-13, 7:44 AM

Tina Date: Saturday, 10-Aug-13, 9:20 AM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Seems the big spoiler is all over the internet. Even my Dad who is absolutely uninterested in tv shows told me yesterday about it. He knows I'm a huge Simon / TM fan. He said it was on a German news site ...I doubt it was a site about tv shows because my Dad only watches sports and political stuff.

Flip Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 5:51 AM | Message # 22
Jillaroo

Since this is actually the Spoiler thread, I'm not going to hide my comments with the spoiler code. Fran, please let me know if you still want me to hide it. With the Van Pelt/Rigsby wedding imminent, that would explain Van Pelt's departure. It's against the rules for 2 agents in the same team and all that. I'm speculating that Rigsby might leave, too. He hasn't been doing much lately, either, and that would make room for the 2 new regulars. I really hope it goes at least to a 7th season, but with what's leaking out (the departure of Van Pelt, the wedding, knowing RJ's identity by the end of the year, etc...) I feel like the series is wrapping things up. sad

Fran Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 9:49 AM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

It seems to me that they're keeping their options open at the moment. By the mid-season break the RJ storyline will be pretty much resolved and then they'll be bringing in 2 new regulars. So maybe they want to see how the ratings will be affected by these changes, so they can then make a decision about whether or not to continue.

June Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 12:37 PM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

I'm a little scared because of these changes, I've got mixed feelings about it. I want a 7th season but I don't want the essence of the series change. Without Red John, Rigsby and Van Pelt, with two new characters (male and female), I don't know what to think. I hope Bruno is still leading the show completely. I prefer an emotional and unforgettable ending this season than a seventh with nothing to tell.

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 6:05 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

I'm not sure if the two new members are CBI employees, I'm more inclined to see them as FBI. We will know who RJ is by the end of the year. How about capture, Jane's vengence, will Lisbon interfere or if a member of the team is killed by RJ, will she opt for revenge also? There are so many conjectures at this point, and the crew and cast are keeping mum. Can't wait for September 29.

Flip Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 8:41 PM | Message # 26
Jillaroo

I really hope the ratings are decent. When the show moved to Sunday nights, one of the TV gurus said that CBS understood the effect football delays would have on ratings and wouldn't hold it against the show. I hope that's right. I know Bruno had always talked about 7 seasons and when Simon signed the contract with Warner Bros. it was for 3 more years, which would end after the 7th season. I'll keep fingers crossed.

I believe you're right about the 2 new cast members being FBI agents, Sylvia. They're supposed to be regulars, though, so it'll be interesting to see how much they're actually used.

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 10:46 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

Bruno also let known that one of the new female lead will have a great influence on Jane, knowing how good he is, she won't want to let him go. Will this be a personal relationship or professional, and how will Lisbon view this?

Fran Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 11:42 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

Question: How will Van Pelt and Rigsby be written out of The Mentalist? Also, how many Season 6 episodes will they appear in?
Ausiello: Let me tackle your second question first. According to sources, Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman will appear in more than a dozen episodes before departing the CBS procedural in the spring. As far as how they’ll exit, series creator Bruno Heller would only say that the conclusion of the Red John chapter this fall will launch The Mentalist — and specifically Jane — on a bold new course.
“I’ve always wondered how the show would go on from that,” Heller muses. “Once Moby Dick has been killed, what happens next? You have to tell the story about how Patrick gets back to shore. He’s been out at sea hunting this creature for so long, I think people will want to know what happens to him after that. Does he live happily ever after? What happens when you’ve been searching for something as long as he has? We are going to get into that. It would be cheating the audience not to tell them what happens after. We have a great story for that saga, because it begins a whole new saga. Where does he go from there? How does he live with what he’s done? Can he find happiness? All of those are big questions we are going to explore.”
http://tvline.com/2013....usiello

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 11:47 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

How does he live with what he’s done?

WHAT THE ****?

They are killing me. Killing me, I tells ya.

Message edited by Hayseed - Tuesday, 13-Aug-13, 11:48 PM

Peithon Date: Wednesday, 14-Aug-13, 1:15 AM | Message # 30
Rip Snorter

Flip, in very early interviews when Bruno talked about selling the pilot to CBS he wrote the show with a five year arc and was insistent the show would end with the capture of Red John. I am glad he finally seems to agree that the aftermath would be just as interesting.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz