Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 9:16 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 02 Black-Winged Red Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
02 Black-Winged Red Bird
Tina Date: Friday, 11-Oct-13, 5:32 PM | Message # 46
Fair Dinkum

They sure were both distracted, Lisbon being scared and she didn't really have the time to check since she was knocked out just after he said "Tyger Tyger", and of course Jane was occupied being scared that something happened to Lisbon (that shows how much he cares for her, thinking more about her well-being than about RJ).
But that they didn't think about it later, going to the morgue and check. But they are all quite busy, maybe they think about it later.

angel Date: Wednesday, 06-Nov-13, 6:49 PM | Message # 47
Cobber

Another great epis. Fab start and bril car stunt. Then to jane and franticaly wiping lisbon face. Wow lisbon nightmare was so vivid n real. Loved jane interupting the suspects and teasing them. U coukd tell they were nervous. God i jumped with the head in the oven. But i am really getting creeped out by haffner and hospital vusit did it for me. Realy think its him and he let lusbon survive cis i think hecus infatuated with her and si hes goading jane. He tried before to recruit her. Fishy to me. Had feeling the victim of the day killed himself. Way he acted in car. Too easy. Loved cho agreeing with rigsby and rigsby reaction cheeribg himself on. So funny. So eerie listening to sophue voice at the end about suspects. Chilling ending. Roll on 6.3

Fran Date: Wednesday, 06-Nov-13, 6:49 PM | Message # 48
Fair Dinkum

Posted on Home Page on 7th October, full text posted here for future reference.

CBS Insider's Blog: Black-winged Redbird by writer Tom Szentgyorgyi

“All my life, whenever I think of happy times in
my childhood an image pops into my head – it’s a
Fourth of July picnic when I was twelve or so, there’s
music playing and a little girl is laughing as she’s
held up in the air by her father. … She’s just a memory
that always makes me smile. And Red John killed her. He
reached into my head and killed a happy memory …”
-Patrick Jane, Season 5, “Red John’s Rules”

And so one question in the Great Red John Hunt is answered. How did Red John know about Eileen Barlow, the little girl who represented Jane’s “happy memory?” He found out from Jane’s psychiatrist. Dr. Sophie Miller, whom he then beheaded almost as an afterthought.

Sometimes you figure out what a story is about after it’s done. Looking at “Black-Winged Redbird” now, it seems to be a story about people being overwhelmed by forces larger than themselves. Titus Stone, the hapless drone designer, is overwhelmed by guilt and shame after his invention goes awry and he’s forced to lie about it. Lisbon, spared by Red John, finds that thoughts of the suspect list are infecting her dreams. Even Red John is apparently being moved by forces he doesn’t fully control. As Jane points out, he didn’t have to meet Sophie to get the information he wanted. For some reason Red John felt impelled to talk to Jane’s psychiatrist – a move that’s going to have significant ramifications in episodes to come.

Lisbon’s dream was a particularly chilling scene to shoot. Robin Tunney did a spectacular job portraying Lisbon’s wordless descent into horror as the bloody scene came into view. And the image of the dead bodies of Rigsby, Cho and Van Pelt was disturbing, even in the context of the set. The jagged, not-quite-real feeling of the cinematography and editing was an effort to fulfill a Bruno Heller directive that the dream feel legitimately dreamlike, i.e. illogical and slightly surreal. Bruno has said more than once that no dream is complete without a flying pig. I’ve never actually seen a flying pig in my dreams, but I take him at his word.

It’s odd to say this about an episode that involves suicide by drone and a decapitation, but the show was a blast to make, in part because of director Robert Duncan McNeill, known universally as “Robbie.” In addition to being a skilled and sensitive interpreter of the material, Robbie is a former actor who trained at the prestigious Julliard School in New York and, more importantly, spent seven years as Lieutenant Tom Paris on Star Trek: Voyager, making him a fount of Star Trek dish, none of which will be shared here for obvious legal reasons.

One production footnote: when Elizabeth Rohm, the actress who played Sophie Miller, came in to record her audio tracks for the episode it quickly became apparent that nobody had given her the full script to read. All she’d seen were the pages with her dialogue on them. She had no idea what happened in the episode. “Um, you probably should know that your character gets killed in this one,” I offered awkwardly. “Really? How?” she asked. “Um, your head is cut off?” I said. “Oh,” she said cheerfully. “Well, let’s get to work.” We did, and she knocked it out of the park in minutes.

Thanks for watching. Next week, in “Wedding in Red,” Jane gets a close look at one of the Red John suspects. And for fans of the Rigsby/Van Pelt relationship – let’s just say your day has come. As for the episode after that – “Red Listed” – you’ll want to watch it with the lights on. Stay tuned.

Written by
Executive Producer Tom Szentgyorgyi
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001342/

Evy Date: Friday, 04-Apr-14, 2:20 PM | Message # 49
Fair Dinkum

Two BTS 6.02 Black Winged Red bird

https://twitter.com/voilapaffi/status/452049251095179264

https://twitter.com/voilapaffi/status/452044666553106432

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 02 Black-Winged Red Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz