Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 5:18 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 02 Black-Winged Red Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
02 Black-Winged Red Bird
Fran Date: Friday, 13-Sep-13, 10:40 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.02 Black-Winged Red Bird

JANE DISCOVERS AN IMPORTANT CLUE TO RED JOHN’S METHODS AND THE TEAM ENCOUNTERS FOUR OF THE SUSPECTS, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, OCT. 6

Michael Gaston Returns as CBI Director Gale Bertram
Xander Berkley Returns as Sheriff Thomas McAllister
Reed Diamond Returns as Ray Haffner

“Black-Winged Red Bird” — Jane discovers an important clue to Red John’s methods as the team encounters four of the suspects, and the CBI investigates the case of a software engineer killed by a drone strike, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Oct. 6 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Michael Gaston (Gale Bertram)
Drew Powell (Reede Smith)
Reed Diamond (Ray Haffner)
Xander Berkeley (Sheriff McAllister)
David H. Lawrence XVII (Titus Stone)
Paula Marshall (Kris Makkena)
Ivar Brogger (Elliott Winston)
James Urbaniak (Aaron Kalinoski)
Vik Sahay (Nicholas Hong)
Jessica Blank (Carol Mathews)
Pancho Demmings (Officer Chase)
Wendy Douglas (Doctor)
Fayelyn Bilodeau (Hostess)
Wayne Temple (Detective)
Karl Sonnenberg (CBI Karl)
Christopher Goodman (Lieutenant Sheridan)
John Troy Donovan (CBI Ron)

WRITTEN BY: Tom Szentgyorgyi
DIRECTED BY: Robbie Duncan McNeill

June Date: Friday, 13-Sep-13, 4:17 PM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

In the two first episodes appear five of the suspects of being Red John: Partridge, Bertram, McAllister, Smith and Haffner. Where are Stiles and Kirkland? Who will fall off the list first? Who is Red John? For God's sake!!! wacko

Hayseed Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 3:13 AM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

n the US, the East/Central time zone broadcast is delayed 'for 44 minutes. Just a heads up.

KathyF Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 4:45 AM | Message # 4
Rip Snorter

I'm ready and waiting!

Green Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 5:59 AM | Message # 5
Surfie

Haven't had a chance to post recently, but gotta say tonight's ep was very intense!!! Even when I knew what was coming, my heart was pounding! 'nuff said.

Peithon Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 10:33 AM | Message # 6
Rip Snorter

Good episode whose main purpose seemed to be to point the finger at Haffner. There is however a scene that points to him not being RJ - as Rosalind described he wasn't muscular. Maybe it's just me but Tom S. episodes seem to be missing something...but this episode had some good stuff.

Evy Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 10:47 AM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

We confirm how RJ knew and could kill PJ's happy memories (as we had suspected : the only way his psychiatrist Sophie Miller). No psychic power....
We really imagine false sugggestions because the teasers ! (cf the crime scene at the CBI office !!!!)
I have to wait the version with french subtitles and to watch the episode a second time because I haven't understood all the subtleties !! (the scene with Bertram, Mac Allister and Reede Smith)
The story progresses wink

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 07-Oct-13, 11:39 AM

bee Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 11:16 AM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Another tense episode full of suspense. Jane's frantic search for water to tenderly wipe off the blood on Lisbon's face and the scene at the hospital with her I found to be incredibly moving. The way he stroked her hair and comforted her was beautifully done. He really cares about her. On the other hand I found Bertram to be less concerned and a little restrained about Lisbon at the crime scene and seemed to be more interested in Jane's reaction! Lisbon's nightmare portrayed an horrific scene but I noticed that in her dream she had imagined Jane to have been drinking tea when he was butchered, his cup and saucer lying on the floor beside him. Not really sure why RJ didn't kill Lisbon, perhaps it's a message to Jane saying that he could take Lisbon at any time just to torture him a lttle bit more! Who knows!

I had already guessed (along with many others) where RJ had got his information about Jane's "happy memory". The fact that he left her head in the oven is reminiscent of "The Crimson Hat" when RJ asked for Lisbon's head. Did they find the rest of her body? Hopefully the verbal notes Sophie left will help Jane discover more clues to RJ's identity. In my opinion it could still be any of the 7 suspects and we haven't even seen Kirkland or Styles yet although Sophie said in her notes that the man was middle aged and Styles is more than middle aged!!

All of the suspects shown in this episode suddenly appear to be more creepier than ever. Haffner visiting Lisbon in hospital was weird, especially when he whistled "Jimmy Crack Corn" when he left! Bertram, McCallister and Smith were also acting suspiciously and it's hard to believe they were discussing cleaning out meth in Napa Valley!

I'm glad Jane didn't say "I told you so" about Lisbon bugging their phones and her consequently taking down the surveillance. I thought that Jane showed that he is very protective of Lisbon in this episode. Van Pelt and Rigsby seemed to be more concerned about their progressing relationship! Although I did like the banter between Cho and Rigsby in the car when Rigsby realised that Cho agreed with him. I shall miss their banter.

I must admit I didn't pay much attention to the drone case and didn't guess the outcome although with hindsight it was obvious the way the word "honour" was banded about!

A good episode written by Tom Szentgyorgyi......and can I just add that Simon looked more gorgeous than ever in this episode (if that's possible). Now wishing my life away until next week!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 07-Oct-13, 2:04 PM

Evy Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 11:47 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

I have a question :
Why we always see (I'm sorry I cannot remember his name) the agent with the beard (first time behind PJ when PJ takes RJ call phone at the end of the first episode. I also noticed he has a phone in his hand !!!) and in the second episode behind Lisbone and PJ ???
And we can see him again in the video promo "wedding in red"
It seems strange. Why does he appear in each episode ?
What do you think about it ??

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 07-Oct-13, 1:49 PM

Mcbabsi Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 2:36 PM | Message # 10
Jillaroo

Another question from me:
What is it with the stupid doves? Why are they in every episode now? is this the clue we've been looking for - and if so, what does it mean???

Green Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 3:43 PM | Message # 11
Surfie

Quote (bee)
Why we always see (I'm sorry I cannot remember his name) the agent with the beard

That's CBI Ron -- I've always been suspicious of him, but he's not on the list--- Also, the doves- look like carrier pigeons to me, could carry messages ?? Crazy idea?

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 4:43 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed this one......this season is just Sooooo good!!

Loved how worried and anxious Jane was over Lisbon, and how he cleaned her face so that she didn't wake up with the blood still on her...AND how he told her so gently what had happened (Simon manages to get his voice to crack when he says things like that in a way that makes my heart go bump!!)

Lisbon's dream was VERY scary, and cleverly filmed just like a dream....I should have realised what it was as Lisbon was wearing a brighter colour than she does in 'real life' ....we never see things the same in a dream do we??

The conversation between Cho and Rigsby in the car made me smile, them both trying to work out which of the 7 was RJ....welcome to the club guys...it has been a Loooonnnnggg summer cool

I was glad to see that Cho wouldn't be bullied by the two heads of the drone company, they were trying to put him on the wrong foot, telling him that it was all classified and that they should be talking to FBI, but he just kept right on questioning.

I guess that I am going to HAVE to give up on my theory that Partridge isn't dead....so many people said that he was in this weeks episode, It felt like they were trying to convince me....shame, it was such a NICE theory, and one of my favourites.

Ivana Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 7:20 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Exciting and very emotional episode with lots of unanswered questions and spooky clues. Beside caring and gentle Jane scenes, I liked the one with Bertram, Sheriff McAllister and Reed Smith. Jane looked quite confident, setting the stage for a trap. The crime of the week was also interesting, underlying the matters of honor. And Simon is gorgeous indeed!

bonbon Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 7:43 PM | Message # 14
Jillaroo

Another super episode, huh? Anyone have a comment on the seemingly ‘unimportant’ (but knowing our Mentalist writers – we figure otherwise) entry of the female doctor into Lisbon’s room asking, “Uh, Mrs. Lee? Carmen Lee?” Haven’t figured the reason for that, at all. I loved: 1) Bertram’s statement to Jane, “If you have Red John in your sights, I will be there.” 2) when Haffner sat facing Lisbon on her hospital bed, he said “I hear you were this close to Red John.” and 3) Haffner telling her that “One of these days we’ll have the time.” (possibly because his time with her in the empty house with Partridges' body was 'interrupted' for whatever reason???) And so we have 3 whistlers: Haffner, McAllister and Reed. Great writing, for sure!

bee Date: Monday, 07-Oct-13, 8:13 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Having watched this episode yet again I noticed that in Lisbon's dream/nightmare she could see all of her team's faces but not Jane's. It's as if she didn't want to visualise him dead! Just a thought! Of course I could be reading too much into this!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 02 Black-Winged Red Bird (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz