Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 1:52 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 07 The Great Red Dragon (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
07 The Great Red Dragon
Fran Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 2:19 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

Quote Raven ()
"... judging by the promo for Red John episode". Seems I need to stay away from here to stay spoilerfree.

I've edited the post and put it in a spoiler tag now, but that's the problem, it's so easy for people to slip up and I can't be attentive the whole time.

Raven Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 2:29 PM | Message # 17
Dinkie-Di

"... it's so easy for people to slip up and I can't be attentive the whole time"

I know Fran smile I understand that everyone is excited about the recent and upcoming episode, so it's easy to slip up. I don't wanted to sound rude. It's always a joy to read other people opinions.

Ivana Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 4:40 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

I am very sorry Raven, Fran and everybody :(. Couldin't think properly after watching this episode. Please forgive me fool

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 4:44 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

WOW!!!!......

Loved this one, well worth waiting for, so may questions answered, but many more asked...

Poor old Lisbon, working with only half the information until Jane woke up, managed to shoot Smith, but let Bertram go. Her look of confusion at the hospital was perfect. I found it interesting that Bertram was able to wander around at will in the hospital just because he looked confident and just....did it. I had to smile when Jane pulled his IV out....there would have been blood...LOTS of blood....still you can give them one little error!!

I had to smile to myself when Lisbon said that Partridge may have been buried, and Jane said 'Tell Cho to bring a shovel' biggrin

I LOVE the cold Jane who was in with Smith....telling him that if he wanted to walk he could....but good luck at getting out of the building alive...he held all the cards then.

It was a clever trick with Swat...those boys just keep on following orders...even when they don't make sense...and Bertram is clever.... but he just doesn't seem Red John material to me....I wish Cho had photographed Partridge's face as well as his arm.

I LOVED strong Lisbon guarding her chicks against the scary FBI man...she wasn't going to back down.

I thought Jane was going to cry over the cup....I nearly did...I actually shouted 'Noooooooo' at the screen...and his couch....was that REALLY evidence???? It was clever thing though to use those things which define Jane as a cue to the ending of an era.

Now....the Church....I don't believe that Jane has undergone a revelation and found religion...they focused for a while on the hassock...(or whatever the thing he was kneeling on is called) I think he has hidden something there (was it the same Church Lisbon was in?)

Message edited by Mossibecca - Monday, 18-Nov-13, 4:45 PM

bee Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 5:23 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

Yes sorry Raven....got carried away with the excitement of it all. Feeling a little crazy at the moment.

shoelady Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 6:48 PM | Message # 21
Jillaroo

Why is it that they think McAllister is dead, he was next to Smith and Bertram and Jane when the bomb went off, it seems the bomb blew out the front of the building (not Jane's house but his office in the back) and Styles and Haffner were apparently the ones in the line of fire. As to who yelled and fired the gun, I hope we find out, as well as who planted the bomb (Obviously not the 6 in the office). Too many questions, even the fact that noone really thinks Bertram is RJ and we never did see Partridges face, or the other bodies. Jane did not get religion, he is using the church to lure Bertram and eliminate him, with a gun taped to a pew perhaps. I don't think I can hold my breath until next Sunday, so I'm gulping a lot, and my head is ready to explode. We've seen the last of that building, along with the couch and the tea cup. It felt like RJ murdered the CBI. and should have painted his smiley face on the wall.

Evy Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 6:57 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

@ Fran :
I do not understand NOW if we need to use SPOILER TAG ????? The people who are reading this thread are warned that it may contains spoilers !
So I don't put one. I hope I'm right. If I'm not I will correct of course !

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 18-Nov-13, 7:02 PM

Evy Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 6:58 PM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

I can't believe that Bertram is RJ !

Bruno Heller said that :
- RJ will be revealed in episode 08 !
- RJ will be kill in a quiet place, in broad daylight ! not in a church !

I'm wainting for the BIG SURPRISE !!! (like everyone, I think ..... wink )

Peithon Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 7:20 PM | Message # 24
Rip Snorter

Not to beat a dead dog, but I still think it's the sheriff. I did note in Jane's dream that he mostly recalled the sheriff
reference to spoiler promo & article
, I could see Jane singing 'I shot the sheriff...'

bonbon Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 7:50 PM | Message # 25
Jillaroo

This is better than "Who shot Jr?" (Remember???) I agree with so much of bee's post. 1) All 3 dead in blast??? (If, in fact, Haffner & Stiles were related {father/son} as some suspect, DNA records could have been compromised as done so in the past, especially knowing a Blake conspirator may well be in the coroner's office) 2) I, too, do not believe Bertram to be RJ (but, apparently, of much importance in the conspiracy) 3) I agree that Jane would not publicize the identity of RJ as being Bertram (again a ploy to draw the real RJ out as he did with Panzer) 4) Nor would Jane request the public to notify CBI office if anyone located Bertram (realizing anyone in CBI could be associated with the Blake conspiracy and unreliable in his apprehension) 5) Still have 'doubts' about Partridge's death (viewers have never seen an actual identification of his body). Can't find an instance when Jane 'shook hands' with him (ref: Lorelei's remark)....but can't let go of Partridge being more involved than thus far suspected - and now with the area scrapped from his 'supposed' body that would have revealed a "3 dot" tattoo??? Darn - have as many questions now as before! Got a 'kick' out of Cho/VanPelt/Rigsby all "on the same page" with Jane killing Bertram (if he's RJ). Liked the little 'touches', too, of the removal of Jane's couch and his 'favorite cup' being smashed to the floor.....ends of an era, for sure! Was touched & impressed by Jane's kneeling [b] in church. GREAT episode - GREAT work on the part of all connected to "The Great Red Dragon". Remember to keep voting in the People's Choice!

Hayseed Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 8:11 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

I could see Jane singing 'I shot the sheriff...'

OMG, that made me laugh out loud.

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 8:18 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

Of course you're forgiven Ivana, I know you didn't do it deliberately, and it was only a little lapse not a major one flower

Quote Evy ()
@ Fran : I do not understand NOW if we need to use SPOILER TAG ????? The people who are reading this thread are warned that it may contains spoilers !

You don't need spoiler tags for any discussion about the episode or any mention of something that happened or was revelaed in the episode. But you do need spoiler tags with a visible warning about the context, for anything which reveals information about a future episode, which you may for example have seen in a spoiler article/interview or video promo.

AgentM Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 9:25 PM | Message # 28
Bee's Knees

Oh the shock...the horror...the needless destruction of such a poor little innocent teacup! weep

Wow! I'm glad I got here after any spoilers were cleaned up...I don't want to know until next week!!!!

Holy Guacamole!!! What can I say about this episode?

Well... I've said it before and I'll say it again....Partridge is not dead!!!!!! I firmly believe it. I don't believe Bertram is RJ...for sure, I've already said Jane is pulling a long con...he knows, that's why he outed the boss at the press conference....there is nothing more likely to flush Partridge (ahem!) RED JOHN out than giving the credit for all of his hard work to someone else. I'm sure I've said that before, too!

So many things have been said here already...and I agree with all the heartwarming and chuckle inducing moments ( Jane coming round/Lisbon beaming, Rigsby, Cho and Van Pelt...love all of them)

Jane in church? I agree, if I know anything about the man, it's that he has most likely stashed something there, probably yet another gun! (I guess it's not just Lisbon who is the poster girl for the NRA anymore! lol) Jane has been soaking up information from everyone he has ever come into contact with in preparation for this final showdown - remember all the questions to other revenge killers about whether it made a difference and how it felt? He's watched people with guns surround him day after day, and so is soaking up the 'expertise' all the time. All the while, pretending that he's inept around them (guns, that is). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been visiting the range himself on the sly!!!! tongue Though I'm not sure how many guns he has got... the shotgun and the handgun must have been left and collected at the scene of his office explosion! He was unconscious and I can't see them leaving the handgun that was tucked under his jacket with his clothes at the hospital! I still think he would use a knife on the real Red John, even if it was overkill or a posthumous act - it would be symbolic.

Do I think Jane has let go? Nope! More determined than ever.
Do I think Bertram is Red John? Not in the slightest.
Do I think Partridge is coming back? Most definitely.

If I'm wrong...I'll break my own cup and saucer!!! surprised

bonbon Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 10:40 PM | Message # 29
Jillaroo

You & Me, AgentM!!! I agree with everything you posted! Like, especially, the idea of Jane's stashing a weapon at the church. Think the body that was supposed to be Partridge already had a tattoo on the left shoulder (that would have identified it as someone else); thus having to be removed and the scrapped skin appearing to have been an attempt to deny any association in the Blake group with the '3 dot' tattoo. Hope there's no more need for cup/saucer breaking!!!

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 10:52 PM | Message # 30
True Blue

Quote AgentM ()
Jane is pulling a long con...he knows, that's why he outed the boss at the press conference....there is nothing more likely to flush Partridge (ahem!) RED JOHN out than giving the credit for all of his hard work to someone else

Thank you, AgentM for putting in words what was in my thoughts!

How did Cho know how to decide who to trust?!
Why did he save Smith?
What was it about with the mysterious whistler passing the interview-room on the corridor?
Couldn´t´ve been Bertram, could he? All the other suspects are "off" - did Bruno lie to us, about RJ being one of the seven?

The elevator-scene was like a deja-vu to me. Jane saying sorry to Lisbon, and that he lets go and then leaving...Really, we shall believe that?!

FBI=Cup-Killer!!! The Mentalist #tvcrimedrama #PeoplesChoice pic.twitter.com/ewu9wznnAs

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Monday, 18-Nov-13, 10:54 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 07 The Great Red Dragon (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz