Thursday, 18-Apr-24, 3:10 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 07 The Great Red Dragon (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
07 The Great Red Dragon
Fran Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 0:34 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.07 The Great Red Dragon - Press Release

Note: CBS have only provided regular cast information.

FOLLOWING THE SHOCKING EVENTS AT JANE’S HOUSE, THE RED JOHN LIST IS NARROWED DOWN FURTHER, AND THE CBI’S PRIORITY IS THE REMAINING SUSPECTS, ON “THE MENTALIST,” AT A SPECIAL TIME, SUNDAY, NOV. 10 DATE CHANGED TO 17TH NOVEMBER

“The Great Red Dragon” — Following the shocking events at Jane’s house, the Red John list is narrowed down further, and the CBI’s priority is the remaining suspects, on THE MENTALIST, at a special time, Sunday, Nov. 10 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/CT, 10:00–11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.
DATE CHANGED TO 17TH NOVEMBER

CHEAT TWEET: Jane finally thinks he knows #RedJohn’s identity! Is he right? And will he find him in time? #TheMentalist 11/10 http://bit.ly/16h49DG

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper
DIRECTED BY: Elodie Keene

shoelady Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 1:49 AM | Message # 2
Jillaroo

...And down the Red Dragon....

June Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 1:12 PM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

Perfect move! Just the names of the main actors. I guess they are hiding us what happened with the suspects, who is still alive and who doesn't. What are they going to do with the episode's photos?

shoelady Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 5:08 PM | Message # 4
Jillaroo

Shocking events at Jane's house? Is it the explosion we see in last week's spoilers? It's an interesting turn of event, RJ dead and the scene of Jane's despair gone, that would be a way to have closure for him, no more smiley face in his wife's blood under which he lies like a sacrifice to RJ. What an absolutely cosmic season!

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 8:55 PM | Message # 5
Rip Snorter

The one pic shows them in a hospital and Jane isn't wearing his jacket so something went down in Malibu...probably that was his house blowing up. Bet they all have the 3 dot tatoo except for Stiles - wasn't the tatoo on the dead girl from Visualize in season 3 angel wings? Or perhaps dead men don't stay dead and get miffed for not being invited to the party. RJ does like a nice explosion from time to time. So many possibilities - can't wait.

Message edited by Peithon - Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 8:58 PM

Hayseed Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 7:01 AM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!

joanne Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 8:28 AM | Message # 7
Blow-In

I really enjoyed this episode and hope everyone else does too. Very exciting!

Raven Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 9:34 AM | Message # 8
Dinkie-Di

FANTASTIC episode. I still need to catch my breath. What a ride. respect

bee Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 11:18 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

WOW! Can this series get any more intense and emotional? I cannot believe those 3 are dead. The bodies couldn't be identified and we know DNA samples can be altered. Trust no-one! Lisbon shooting Smith, thinking he was RJ, was great. This woman has no fear, although seeing Jane unconscious at the scene did scare her! The hospital scene when Jane regains consciousness was sweet, he seemed so pleased to see Lisbon. So shocked to see Bertram attempt to kill Jane in the hospital though. I do not believe Bertram is RJ, although he is a cold-blooded killer, but simply the head of the corrupt conspiracy network, code word Tyger Tyger, we now know as the Blake Association. I also don't believe Jane thinks Bertram is RJ either. He wouldn't give Bertram's name to the media if he thought he was RJ. Jane wants RJ for himself and I think he wants to flush out the real RJ who wouldn't want anyone else taking credit for his work (same as in the Panzer case).

Seeing Smith in pain seemed like payback to me although I had to smile when I read his tee shirt which said "Having Fun in Sacramento". Just a thought, we never got to see Partridge's face in that coffin, just his/someone's shoulder. Am I being paranoid here?

Seeing the FBI Agent Abbott shutting down the whole of the CBI and relieving everyone of their duties was a shock. Although I noticed Cho and Rigsby refused to stand up and step away from their desks when told! It was heartbraking to see Jane's couch being removed and him being given the loose change that was obviously found in it. The breaking of his teacup (apparently Simon's idea) was the last straw for me, especially when Jane said "that was my favourite cup". (Tissues at the ready here). No couch, no cup and no CBI office, no team. What next?

The elevator scene was so sad and I actually think that Jane felt utterly lost at this moment (but who knows with Jane?) He says "I'm sorry for everything". Lisbon asking him if he is quitting, he simply says "I'm not quitting, I'm letting go". Where have we heard that before? Oh! yes, just before his fake breakdown! Jane will NOT let go, he may need time to rethink his plans but that is all. He's not about to give up after 10 years!

Seeing Jane kneeling in the church was the most poignant scene of all for me, especially as he is a non-believer. Has some of Lisbon's faith rubbed off on him?

An exciting and tense episode and can't wait to see the final chapter when the identity of RJ is exposed and to see Jane's reaction!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 18-Nov-13, 11:29 AM

Peithon Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 12:09 PM | Message # 10
Rip Snorter

Thought it was a good episode but it suffers from being a middle episode. Kind of silly that Jane survives an explosion and is unconscious for 12 hours for no reason, no major trauma, nary even a bruise. I don't think Bertram is RJ and we never see Partridge's face...and on top of that same creepy eyed coroner guy as the one who attended Timothy Carter's death scene. Don't know I can believe anyone is dead.

Message edited by Peithon - Monday, 18-Nov-13, 12:28 PM

Ivana Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 12:53 PM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Great review Bee! Agree with you on almost everything except for the church scene.
spoiler from 6.08 video promo

Also, that interrogation scene with the cop was very amusing, Jane reading him like an open book and him pleading to Jane to stay out of his head was classic Jane moment.

Jane asking Smith if he killed his wife and daughter, his reaction to broken cup, elevator scene ... so much different feelings on his face.

Very emotional, exciting and shocking episode and it's just a set up for the final showdown. All the kudos to the whole team!

The promo for Red John episode is fantastic!

bee Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 1:04 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Having now seen the promo for the Red John episode you could be right Ivana.

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 1:08 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist Post Mortem: Did Jane Really Just [Spoiler]? Plus: Red John Showdown Preview
Link contains Spoilers about next week’s Episode
http://tvline.com/2013....e-quits

Excerpt (excludes future episode spoilers):
“Gale Bertram is being hunted, and he is the head of a law enforcement agency,” notes Mentalist co-producer Jordan Harper , who wrote the episode. “Because of that, actions have to be taken.”

To drive home the seriousness of the CBI’s dismantling, Harper points out, “The scene opens with Jane’s couch being carted out, which was an idea from [director] Chris Long. That goes a tremendous distance towards underscoring that we’re not joking here.” Another telling touch came courtesy of series star Simon Baker. “During rehearsals, he had the idea of the teacup breaking. Again, these aren’t idle decisions. We are trying to send a message.”

And what about the message Jane sent Lisbon at the end, declaring his decision to give up the hunt? “He’s very clear that he’s not quitting. He’s letting go. And there’s a huge difference,” Harper stresses. Employing a martial arts analogy, the scribe says, “In Judo, there’s the idea not to always push, because while you may feel in control, you’re using your energy and that doesn’t mean you’re going to get your way. To ‘let go’ means to allow things to happen. To move with the flow.”

Meaning, maybe Red John will come to Jane, craving final closure as much as his longtime pursuer does? “I think that’s an interesting idea,” Harper allows.

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 1:23 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

'The Mentalist': 'The Great Red Dragon' writer on the big bombshells and what comes next
(No real future episode spoilers in this interview)

Zap2it: What was the impetus for wanting to end the Red John arc early in the season like this?
Jordan Harper: It just felt like the right thing to do. Doing something like finishing the Red John storyline shouldn't be as clean as, "Well, that's done. Let's move on with where we were last week." We really felt like this should be something that should move mountains and break down walls and bring a lot of stuff down on them. It shouldn't just be easy. ... Jane gets into trouble quite a bit, and sometimes maybe in the past he's gotten in and gotten out of trouble and there haven't been any repercussions, but there are repercussions to what's going on right now.

When the FBI comes in and cleans house at the end of the episode, is that setting up the post-Red John phase of the show?
To be very clear, that scene is not a joke. It's not something we're just playing around with. Hopefully that scene has some emotional resonance with fans who have come to love CBI and some of the minor characters and things like that. We're not messing around -- we just shut down CBI.

Are they permanent changes, or at least longer-term than we may be used to seeing?
Without being too specific, a lot of things happen in this episode that are permanent, yeah. We're not just messing with the audience's head at this point. We are making changes in the show. Obviously when you have your boss [Bertram] kill a dude on screen, clearly things are happening that can't be taken back.

Even though Jane announces to the press that Bertram is Red John, I got the sense there might be more to it. Is that the case?
It's safe to say Jane is not done playing tricks. As to how this is all going to play out, you have to keep watching.

It seemed as much as anything like an attempt to get Bertam to show his hand.
I will say that is an interesting theory.

And obviously it doesn't entirely work out...
Yeah. I think Jane is using every card he has at this point. While Jane has always famously been secretive, one thing he has used in the past is the power of the media. But it's not something he does lightly.

"The Mentalist" has largely been a case-of-the-week show. How was the decision made to go so serialized for this arc?
There was a decision made ... that we weren't going to mess around. If we were going to do this, we didn't want to drag it out over a season of these seven suspects. We wanted to go ahead and run the string out.

My own personal take on it has always been that while Red John played it pretty cool when Jane got that list of seven suspects, it came as a shock to him and it really got the party started in a lot of ways. That's why things are happening very rapidly now.

Was the idea of the Blake Association something the writers had talked about for a while?
The idea that Red John has received help from more than just his acolytes is something we've talked about for a long time. The idea that there was a secret organization in law enforcement is something we've talked about for a very long time.

If someone were to go back to previous Red John episodes, would they see the seeds of that?
When we wrote the episode where Rebecca comes into CBI and then is assassinated [Season 2's "His Red Right Hand," referenced in Sunday's episode], we didn't know that it was necessarily going to be Reede Smith who helped sneak them in. But we did know Red John had help, and they weren't all Manson-esque family members.

Is there anything at all you can say about next week's "Red John" episode?
I can by saying something about my episode, which is that I think it's really helpful to see "Fire and Brimstone," "The Great Red Dragon" and "Red John" as three parts of a whole. There are a lot of questions raised in "Fire and Brimstone" and earlier episodes that are not answered in "The Great Red Dragon." That does not mean they're not going to be answered.

http://blog.zap2it.com/fromins....xt.html

Raven Date: Monday, 18-Nov-13, 2:06 PM | Message # 15
Dinkie-Di

"... judging by the promo for Red John episode"

Seems I need to stay away from here to stay spoilerfree. sad

Message edited by Raven - Monday, 18-Nov-13, 2:08 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 07 The Great Red Dragon (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz