Friday, 19-Apr-24, 9:20 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 07 The Great Red Dragon (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
07 The Great Red Dragon
Evy Date: Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 6:35 PM | Message # 46
Fair Dinkum

I have had the same idea as Beautifulbabyboy. At the same time ! and when I noticed that she had changed, I took an other one.

It is true that Jane's tea cup is really symbolic.
Jane - the couch - the tea cup - the CBI : Everything flew into pieces !!!!...........
I hope that this sacrifice is worth for a better future ! up

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 6:36 PM

shoelady Date: Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 6:53 PM | Message # 47
Jillaroo

Adieu Jean Le Rouge!

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 7:01 PM | Message # 48
Bee's Knees

Poor innocent little cup! angel weep weep cry cry weep

May you rest in pieces. angel

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 7:48 PM | Message # 49
True Blue

Quote AgentM ()
rest in pieces.
eek
AgentM, do you dare making FUN out of it?! dont
I mean, really?!
This was his FAVOURITE CUP!!! prof
Was... killed
wink

...now I understand Tim´s tweet with the couch photo...

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 8:16 PM | Message # 50
Fair Dinkum

"Rest in pieces" hands

Jane does'nt see it that way:

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 8:53 PM | Message # 51
Bee's Knees

BBB, I wouldn't dare....Actually, I am genuinely cut up about the cup. I loved it too!

I just hope the wise monkey survived. (The one that lived on top of the filling cabinet near to Cho's desk).

Seriously, I do get emotionally attached to some material objects...guess it's all the sentimental memories that does it. Call me crazy, but I haven't actually stopped thinking about that cup all day! Two whole days since it happened! Simon's idea was very clever, very mean, but very clever none-the-less.

DS, lol I loved that face...it really made me laugh. I think I may just have to have that as my screensaver. Any tips on how to achieve that? I'm next to useless with technology!

Sun Date: Tuesday, 19-Nov-13, 11:38 PM | Message # 52
Cobber

One and a half days since I have seen this episode and still, I haven't recovered from the shock that we have lost our bullpen, our couch and our cup. I write "our" because we also lived in the CBI office with those precious things for the last five and a half years. Ohh, remembering all those couch scenes with Jane, e.g. "I'm a law enforcement professional, geezz" to sitting with Lisbon who asked "Where is my apple"! I really feel so homeless now. Seriously, never ever in my life a TV series had so much impact on me as the Mentalist. I was almost crying when the cup fell down. Poor Jane. cry

But then I think he only faked his "I let go" face to keep Lisbon once again out of the business. On the inside, he is very determined and focused. It must end with a face-to-face scene with RJ. That's what Jane was fighting for the last 10 years of his life. And I'm confident that we will exactly see this in the next episode.
Why does a week has to have seven long days??? dry

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 11:42 AM | Message # 53
Bee's Knees

@Sun....are you SURE there are only seven????? I am sure I am up to day 50 already....Heck it wasn't this hard waiting for Christmas when I was a kid....I really believe that if CBS delay it by much this week there will be a march on their offices......CBS.....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!.....

megaphone

Message edited by Mossibecca - Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 7:14 PM

Fran Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 3:49 PM | Message # 54
Fair Dinkum

What an amazing episode, I thought it was brilliantly paced, and my whole body was tense from start to finish. But it was much more than just an exciting episode, because in amongst all the action there were some really beautiful and touching moments and also some humour. And I was impressed by Rockmond Dunbar’s appearance as Abbott, I thought he had a very strong screen presence, which bodes well for the future.

Like most others here, I don’t believe for one moment that Bertram is Red John, for many many reasons which we all know. Plus the incident in this episode when Bertram tried to kill Jane quietly in hospital, which would be very out of character for Red John.

As we know, both Bertram and Red John are fans of Blake and I’m not sure at this stage whether Bertram started the Blake Association as a way of making money, and Red John is just a member, or whether Red John started the organisation to get inside information and favours, without anybody knowing they were helping a serial killer until it was too late for them to opt out.

I’m not convinced McAllister is really dead, especially considering that he was the one who was furthest away from Stiles and Haffner when we last saw him. But they could have moved positions before the bomb went off. I’m confused about who could have set the bomb - on the one hand it seems unlikely that it would be 1 of the 5 suspects because of the risk of it ending up a suicide mission. On the other hand, if it was Red John, it seems unlikely to me that he would have wanted to risk ending Jane’s life that way, without a final showdown between them.

This episode hasn’t changed my mind about Partridge being Red John and still alive. Actually I thought there were a couple of clues to support this theory - the fact that we didn’t see the body’s face, and then the damage to the body’s left shoulder which I believe is to conceal the fact that the 3 dot tattoo isn’t there, which it would be if the body was Partridge. I think when Jane saw Cho’s photo, he realised it as well which is why he didn’t answer Lisbon’s question about what it meant. I don’t believe that Jane has known the truth before this and has been playing a long con – it seems to me that he’s taken too many unnecessary and ineffective risks for that to be the case. But I do believe that Jane knows the truth now and that his statement to the Press was to try and flush Partridge out of hiding.

I’m really looking forward to finding out the truth in next week’s episode and equally excited to see Simon’s episode the week after that.

PJaneloke Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 4:12 PM | Message # 55
Surfie

Fran! I totally agreed with u! Thank you for putting into words thing that I don't know how to explain in English.

Very good point about how Bertram trying to kill Jane in the hospital shown he is not RJ! I believe Betram is very very high up in the Blake Association but not the founder because of the way Smith talked to him in one of the previous episode and also how he always seems to be reporting to someone thru the phone.

Totally agree about the point about Patridge too! He is still my top choice for RJ.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 4:32 PM | Message # 56
Fair Dinkum

Fran
This episode hasn’t changed my mind about Partridge

PJaneloke
Totally agree about the point about Patridge too! He is still my top choice for RJ

I have a doubt : when Cho takes a picture of his arm, he can see Partridge's face, I think, because the cover in which is wrapped the body is transparent ! wink

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 6:28 PM

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 5:15 PM | Message # 57
Bee's Knees

The head was turned away slightly, and the cover was bunched up over the face...and Cho wasn't looking to positively ID that it was Partridge, all he was told to check was the tattoo on the arm.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 6:58 PM | Message # 58
Fair Dinkum

From the camera angle in that scene, the choice was obvioulsy made to not allow us to see the face, only the neck and the low part of the jaw. And Cho has no reason to check the face… But from the few details we can catch, it looks like Partridge's morphology to me.

I don't know what to think anymore *sigh*.

Also another funny thing I noticed: Jane seems to have a taste for 12 hours of sleep periods.
Remember his night with Lorelei? He slept 12 hours too… happy

Raven Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 7:00 PM | Message # 59
Dinkie-Di

Could also be that Jack Plotnick aka Partridge was otherwise engaged that's why we don't see his face because of a different actor.

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 8:08 PM | Message # 60
Bee's Knees

Quote Raven ()
Could also be that Jack Plotnick aka Partridge was otherwise engaged

Possibly, I just figured it was one of those special effects dummies...like the ones used in CSI...wouldn't have thought they would have an actor lie in the box for such a short scene. But I agree that the camera angle was deliberate.

And DS...I still don't believe he did anything with Lorelai ! tongue

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 07 The Great Red Dragon (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz