Friday, 29-Mar-24, 3:27 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
09 My Blue Heaven
Geli Date: Thursday, 20-Feb-14, 10:45 PM | Message # 91
Surfie

I wish SB all the best for the future, I know he's a very good actor and director. I voted at the above link too for TM, obviously. However, for me, I'd rather almost not want a 7th season if I knew I wouldn't enjoy it. Of course I don't know what the writers have planned. The past TM was soooo gooood most of the time ... I think I'm "spoiled". Also we, as SB fans (as mentioned in the title this website is for fans of SB), need to respect people that are "only" TM and/or PJ fans, even if we may not understand why they might not also be SB fans. I don't know if I'd call them "not real fans" as Evy did. I'd say I'm a SB fan first, then TM. TM in my mind was until PJ killed McA and fled. I haven't quite well adjusted to the "reboot" yet, though I want to give it every chance. TM for me was the old team at CBI. My family knows I usually don't do well with change - but I sure can't wait for the next new TM episode, so there wink thumb

Tina Date: Friday, 21-Feb-14, 9:53 AM | Message # 92
Fair Dinkum

I'm usually not good with changes too, but I love the new TM. Of course I miss the old stuff, but the new stories are refreshing.
I do hope so much for a 7th because I'm sure I will enjoy it very much. I love PJ and Lisbon, and will miss them so much once it's over. But at least we have 100+ episodes to watch over and over again.

I fear that we won't hear much of Simon after TM for a long while. It takes so long til movies are shot and finally published, and I guess he first takes a long break.

Sun Date: Friday, 21-Feb-14, 8:49 PM | Message # 93
Cobber

I fear that we won't hear much of Simon after TM for a long while. It takes so long til movies are shot and finally published, and I guess he first takes a long break.

Yes, Tinamarianne, that's what I think, too. He'll surely deserve a break after TM.

BUT first and foremost I cross all parts of my body that can be crossed for a 7th season!
Please, who's decision this ever may be: Say yes !!!

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 12:32 PM | Message # 94
Fair Dinkum

Question for UK ladies here:

I've read that last night rating for MBH was 1,27m

https://twitter.com/TVRatingsUK/status/438610035514806272
9pm last night: Death in Paradise (BBC1) 6.51m/27.2%; The Necessary War (BBC2) 1.56m/6.5%; The Mentalist (C5) 1.27m/5.3%.

Is this a good rating? Does this mean that MBH is 3rd most watched in 9pm time slot in UK?

Fran Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 1:22 PM | Message # 95
Fair Dinkum

Ivana - that's in line with its normal ratings. Anything over a million is good for Channel 5 which is the least popular of the UK's 5 main channels. It never comes higher than 3rd after BBC1 and ITV - as figures for ITV aren't shown in that tweet, it probably came 4th or 5th.

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 1:35 PM | Message # 96
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Fran smile

Tassie Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 7:09 PM | Message # 97
Bee's Knees

So enjoyed last night's episode. It got a good review in Daily Express today by Virginia Blackburn. No IT skills so have to do it this way:-
CLASSY SLEUTH FRESHENS UP
What do you do when you've created a much-loved long-running television drama? You can either carry on as you were before or do as the makers of THE MENTALIST have done and reboot it completely.
Until now Patrick Jane's every waking moment has been dominated by a desire to do for Red John, the serial killer responsible for the deaths of his wife and child, but halfway through the sixth and current series he did exactly that, thus turning himself into a wanted killer and depriving himself of a raison d'etre.
Cue a break in the series, which resumed last night, where we found Jane living on an agreeable South American island, pottering around watering his plants, performing coin tricks for the local children and generally living the quiet life. Could it last?
Of course not: the FBI wanted him to work for it in exchange for dropping all charges against him, a pretty girl who was not all she seemed caught his eye and it turned out that life in an island paradise could be a little, well, dull. Anyway, a bloke with skills like Jane's was pretty much wasted when the biggest excitement of the day was his morning cup of tea and so a life of crime detection beckoned once more.
Last night's episode was not a mystery that needed solving but a scene setter for the next phase of the show.
Jane was indeed airlifted back to civilisation but there were some lovely moments before he got there, starting with a group of schoolchildren failing to be interested in a speech by his friend Theresa Lisbon on being a police officer until it turned out that she'd shot someone. That got their attention at last.
There was also an enormously satisfying denouement to a sub-plot involving a nasty piece of work who went about bullying children, killing dogs and dealing in drugs. Jane not only got him arrested for his nefarious crimes but had him marked out as an informant to the FBI, something that guaranteed a life destined for unpleasantness from the criminal element.
And it is the FBI to which Jane has now been recruited, although on what terms remain slightly unclear. That opens up a whole new set of future plot possibilities, his previous perch having been the Californian Bureau of Investigation, and thankfully much of the old team seem to have moved along with him.
Welcome back to our screens Patrick Jane, you have been sorely missed. It's good to see probably the most appealing of all the current TV detectives is getting ready for a new tilt at life.

bee Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 7:23 PM | Message # 98
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Tassie much appreciated. Great to see it got the good review it so deserves. Simon certainly has a flair for direction. biggrin

angel Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 10:39 PM | Message # 99
Cobber

wow what can i say. This was deffo a reboot. The whole ambiance and feel and sound of the show was so so different and i loved it. So funny how it was all foreign speaking at start and the quip about how janes spanish was lousy was so funny. Loved the tailor trying to give him a free upgrade on shirt and jane still stubborn as usual. To the lovely hotel guy who was helping him to the barman and the proverbial dog. The setting was wonderful and yes matt gossen music was so hauntingly beautiful. I actually liked emily character in here. Yes was not nice when it turns out she is a agent but you could feel that she did like him. Poor jane getting beat up again. Loved his shyness at a date and so lovely to see that he was willing to move on by taking ring off even if just for a little while. But for me Rockmond as Abbott i am liking with every minute even though he is no nonsense with jane but i cannot help but love him. The set up drug bust was brilliant scene. Even when abbott renegades on the deal i still could not dislike him. Loved how jane took revenge on the 'Bastard' as he called him. I loved the kick up the ass. Then finally cho appears and yes serious as usual and jane wanting to give him a hug but it is so not cho. But Cho saying he ould be happy to see him but wish it was under different circumstances but the smile as he leaves. But the lovely look on lisbon and janes face when they meet after 2 years. Great scene. But did not take long for them to start disagreeing as usual. But jane looked genuinely surprised by kim being a fed so not sure if he really knew. But loved when abbott was making no deals unless its his and jane quickly puts his hands up and is prepared to get locked up. The wheels of a plan are in motion. Welcome back jane and the mentalist.

Fran Date: Thursday, 27-Feb-14, 2:27 AM | Message # 100
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the Daily Express review Tassie, its so nice to see Simon & The Mentalist getting some nice mentions in the UK press at last, they've been very slow to catch on but they seem to have finally noticed that both Simon and the show have a following here.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz