Friday, 26-Apr-24, 10:26 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
09 My Blue Heaven
beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 7:31 PM | Message # 16
True Blue

What a brilliant and 100% enjoyable episode!!!
A masterpiece in both acting and directing from Simon´s side! hands

It really felt like a completely new series somehow - but in a GOOD way and with our beloved Jane in the center!
I even think, if someone watches this who hasn´t been a fan for The Mentalist, he/she may become one now. thumb

Wow to Lisbon in that uniform! (And Matt as her secretary made me LOL!)
"It´s nice and quiet"
The "reunion" between Jane and Lisbon just seemed so genuine and fine! There were two years they didn´t see eachother ,just some letters she received,
and so much they´ve gone through the years before: I can absolutely feel with them and didn´t find it over the top to see Jane shed a tear. Well done, well acted by both of them!

I start to like Abbott more and more, good choice to cast Rockmond Dunbar.

Quote Mossibecca ()
It was great to see Jane just being.....Jane....no big black cloud

I felt the same way plus I felt relief we didn´t see him as the arrogant Jane we saw in "Fugue in Red". Because he very well remembers now and has lived all this through and his experiences made him change, made him grow.
I´m glad to see he hasn´t lost his playful side, his protective and empathetic side - I don´t know anymore if I am in love with Simon Baker or with Patrick Jane at this point! love

Tina Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 8:29 PM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

I'm in love with both! After this even more than before. What a great episode. I love PJ's outfit. He's never looked more gorgeous. I love anything about this episode.
I was a bit sad about all the changes. But this is really good for the show. New opportunities. Can't wait for more.
It sure will get interested with Abbott!

marta75 Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 9:29 PM | Message # 18
Rip Snorter

WOW ! I thought My blue Heaven would be a very good episode but in fact it is MUCH MUCH better than that. The quality of directing (lighting, editing), the acting, the script, the music, everything was perfect. One of the best episode ever. I think a star (director) is born and he is Simon Baker hands

justlook3 Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 11:49 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

It's amazing to contrast the brightness of this episode with past Simon Baker directed episodes. His episodes were always so dark in lighting and tone. This one is big and bright (though not without it's dark side as mentioned before).
As I consider myself the average viewer (not very invested in the mystery of Red John), I really enjoyed this way of moving on. We haven't caught up completely with the 2 years, but that'll come out in bits and pieces. It does seem like Lisbon is the only one not really fulfilled in what she's doing. She tried to make it sound like she was, but her asking Wayne if he missed the CBI really sold it for me. He and Grace do seem very busy, they have a baby and probably Ben often and their business, probably not even having a moment to miss the CBI. Cho has moved up a step with the FBI.
I do really enjoy the heck out of Abbott. Good guy or not Rockmond Dunbar has a new fan in me, he knocks that role out of the park (I love the hand sanitizer). I do question how if Jane was safe on that island the drug dealers were actually afraid of the FBI but whatever, it is fiction.
Loved the fact that Jane's Spanish was awful, the ladies in the store and Matt's little role as Lisbon's secretary.
The dog story was sad but another reason for Jane to want to take the drug dealer down before he left.
I'm still trying to figure out why the ring came off only to go back and whether or not Jane knew Kim was FBI. I can't see how he couldn't have.
Also any one else wonder if the title music will change every episode from now on?

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 0:33 AM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

Nice catch spotting Matt Gossen. Simon likes to have his people in the epis he directs. Liked that Neely used the Spanish lilt to his MT theme, I too wonder if this will change with every epi since they will no longer be restricted to California locations. Will he go back to his house ever, is Lisbon really going to give up her new career for Jane. So many questions, it will be a fun ride from now on. Can't wait. I think Kim is just another mouse for Patrick to mess with but Dunbar might be a bigger foil than he thinks.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 9:42 AM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

After watching the episode a second time, I understood why I had the impression of seeing Simon baker and not Patrick Jane.
This is because his hair has changed : PJ always had his hair put on the right-hand side and now on the left side, and if we add the small beard... In fact, we see him as seen as he really is in his daily life !
He doesn't need anymore to change his appearance to play TM.

Look again his last photos taken 28 Oct on Press Conference !! He is the same !!! tongue

Post Sriptum : PJ, usually so smart and intelligent, trapped by letters ? I find it to much exaggerated !

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 10:13 AM

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 11:34 AM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Re the Theme, I think it is only for the one episode, according to Blake Neeley, it was a special request....Maybe from Simon???

And Matt Gossen did the theme playing while Jane was writing the letter to Lisbon.

Because I am sad (not to mention nosey) I HAD to do a screencap of the letter......

It says (YES I DID blow it up on the computer so I could read it!!)...he has found a tailor but he won't listen to him, that he has gone native....(be still my beating heart, I NEVER thought I would like a man in a skirt!>>>I wonder if Hubby would.......NO he wouldn't wink )....and the last paragraph, he apologises for leaving her on the beach that night, and says that she is the only thing he really misses, and signs it missing you, ....U no hoo

LOVE it! biggrin

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 11:41 AM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001601/

Insider's Blog: My Blue Heaven

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 09:50am

"My Blue Heaven"

What does one do when a goal that has consumed them for so long is finally accomplished? We have followed a character on a journey for five and a half years. What are we left with when the destination is finally reached?

The Mentalist is a story about a man who loses everything, and as a result, needs to find a new purpose in life. That purpose becomes revenge. When revenge is obtained, does this man again find himself without purpose? My favorite moment in the previous episode is a subtle one: Immediately after Red John’s death, Jane stares down at the pistol in his hand. He raises it. There is a short moment of contemplation. What now? What’s left?

What’s fascinating about “My Blue Heaven” is its exploration of that very question. What is left for Jane? It’s rare that a show has the opportunity to drastically redefine itself in a single episode. Simon Baker directed this episode, and he served as a perfect fit due to his proven ability to push our show past its boundaries in exciting and creative ways. As his assistant, I was delighted to be able to carefully observe every step of this episode’s creation. There was no question that the audience would be at a loss for what to expect after the previous episode. Simon and Tom Szentgyorgyi (writer/executive producer) spent a lot of time making sure this episode would properly address this.

In the end, a man without purpose must fall back on what is truly important to him. It becomes clear in this episode that Jane and Lisbon share a deep connection. Whether that connection is strictly friendship or something more, it’s enough to motivate Jane to abandon his paradise. In this episode, Lisbon finds comfort in a small town where the most stress she encounters is dealing with her bumbling assistant (portrayed by some amateur) and the occasional stolen bike. Things, as she says, “are good”.

Jane has his routines.

Yet, there is clearly an emptiness in both characters and an obvious desire to reconnect; a desire for more.

This becomes cemented in a scene beautifully directed and performed by Baker when Jane locks eyes with Roger. A once comical character now serves as a chilling representation of Jane’s future on the island. In this moment, Jane realizes how one's heaven can easily become one's hell. With that, he decides it's time to go home. …

But on his terms. Although we see a napkin covered with Jane’s many terms, we only hear the most important one: Lisbon must be there for him.

"My Blue Heaven" is, in many ways, a necessary departure from the standard structure of our show. It's a recalibration of its central characters. Jane and Lisbon's absence from one another has undoubtedly change them both. Although the more surface level elements of their relationship may still look familiar, it's clear that their relationship has deepened substantially. Ultimately it's an episode about longing and recognizing the need to be around those you love.

Written by

Matt Gossen, Assistant to Simon Baker

Tina Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 12:32 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Mossibecca for posting the letter! Do you think Simon wrote it himself? It's so sweet, the relationship of Jane and Lisbon ...I just love this show! I'm so excited about what's coming!
Thanks for the blog from Matt. Always interesting to read something from behind the scenes.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 1:42 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

Tinamarianne
Do you think Simon wrote it himself?

Yes, I do ! At a moment we can see Simon/Patrick write (drinking tea !) and if you are careful of, it seems the same writing.

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 1:43 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 1:45 PM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

Not easy to say, but it looks like it's his genuine writing (compared to the few autographs I've seen).

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 2:41 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

JANE'S TERMS LIST:

1. Must work directly with Teresa Lisbon
2. All criminal charges must be dropped
3. Transportation be provided f (ully?) in the form of Air-stream trailer model number LVB TOH
4. Adequate supply of Tea must be available at all times. Twinings English or Scottish Breakfast. No other brands acceptable.
5. A workspace to my specification will be provided, couch included
6. In addition to salary all expenses of employement including but not limited to travel meal, books and all incidental to be paid for by F.B.I.

biggrin

Evy Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 2:58 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much DSP !
I made a "Freeze frame" but I was not able to read all ! up
I wrote few days ago on the "home page" that the FBI would use him dropping all criminal charges !

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 4:36 PM

bee Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 3:20 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DSP, interesting to note that his top priority is to work directly with Lisbon, even before all criminal charges are dropped and also before his tea requirements! Bless him! tongue

Tina Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 3:29 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much for this wonderful screencap, DS Pallas. I was already looking for screencaps from this wonderful episode. It's my new desktop pic now.

I love the "couch included"!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz