Friday, 26-Apr-24, 6:43 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
09 My Blue Heaven
Fran Date: Wednesday, 20-Nov-13, 11:29 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.09 My Blue Heaven - Press Release

TWO YEARS AFTER THE RED JOHN CASE WAS PUT TO REST, JANE’S NEWFOUND PEACE IS INTERRUPTED BY A SURPRISING JOB OFFER THAT COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING FOR HIM, ON “THE MENTALIST,” AT A SPECIAL TIME, SUNDAY, DEC. 1

Episode Directed By Series Star Simon Baker
Emily Swallow Joins the Cast as Kim Fischer

“My Blue Heaven” — Two years after the Red John case was put to rest, Jane’s newfound peace is interrupted by a surprising job offer that could change everything for him, on THE MENTALIST, at a special time, Sunday, Dec. 1 (10:30–11:30 PM, ET, 10:00 – 11:00, PT) on the CBS Television Network. Episode directed by series star Simon Baker. Emily Swallow joins the cast as Kim Fischer.

CHEAT TWEET: It’s been 2 years since #RedJohn – where is Jane now? And what is the rest of the team up to? #TheMentalist 12/1 #CBS http://bit.ly/17ObUSi

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST CAST:
Rockmond Dunbar (FBI Agent Dennis Abbott)
Emily Swallow (Kim Fischer)
Juan Gabriel Pareja (Danny Otero)
Pedro Lopez (Alfredo)
Jon Jon Briones (Mr. Lam)
Goya Robles (Franklin Morales)
Matt Gossen (Henry)
Paul Lieber (Roger)
Hector Elias (Victor Orozco)
Felix Miguel Avitia (Village Boy)
Gloria Sandoval (Mrs. Paz)
Virginia Montero (Mrs. Quijada)
Camden Gardenhire (3rd Grade School Boy)
Stephanie Burden (3rd Grade School Teacher)

WRITTEN BY: Tom Szentgyorgyi
DIRECTED BY: Series star Simon Baker

justlook3 Date: Monday, 25-Nov-13, 7:58 AM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Heads up for Americans in the Eastern/Central time zones, this is a football doubleheader Sunday, episode is scheduled for 10:30/9:30 on Dec 1.

Evy Date: Monday, 25-Nov-13, 8:09 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

I hope we get answers in this episode: for example "how PJ has escaped ???' etc. ..... wink

and I'm sure that the show will be great without RJ. The name of the serie is "THE MENTALIST" not "RED JOHN"
and TM = PJ !!! biggrin

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 9:54 AM

bee Date: Tuesday, 26-Nov-13, 11:39 AM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

I notice in the guest cast list Kim Fischer is not listed as an FBI Agent. Does this mean she hasn't told Jane she is with the FBI? surprised She could be playing him OR it could just be an error in the cast list! wink

shoelady Date: Tuesday, 26-Nov-13, 5:56 PM | Message # 5
Jillaroo

Matt Gossen is also listed. Nice perc, besides working every day alongside Simon.

whalefan444 Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 6:53 AM | Message # 6
Blow-In

I guess some of the viewers will be happy now that RJ is out of the picture - I didn't mind the RJ storyline, but I do agree with Heller that it was "time to move on". It's nice to see another side of PJ (for longer than a few minutes) - I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 9:56 AM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

I think Emily Swallow looks like Rebecca in some ways. Don't you ???? wink

Peithon Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 6:59 AM | Message # 8
Rip Snorter

Easily my favorite episode of the season. Jane got game!

Flip Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 7:01 AM | Message # 9
Jillaroo

I saw it and now I really, really hope they have at least one more season. I liked it a lot and I can see the path they're taking can lead to a lot more story lines. I didn't mind the RJ story, but this looks good, too.

Green Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 7:09 AM | Message # 10
Surfie

Loved this episode!!

Evy Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 11:00 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Great episode
But very strange feeling watching this episode. As if it were another show. The feeling that PJ is dead and another man is in his place.
The feeling of seeing Simon Baker in true playing in this episode and not PJ. I don't know how to explain.....

And the agent Fischer ! she has manipulated PJ at the first time when they met. Bad feeling.
He removed his wedding ring for her: the first time in 12 years shock

The hug between PJ and Teresa reminded me the one in Paris last June when Simon surprised Robin during an interview biggrin

Simon is gorgeous in this episode. Loved them (Simon and the episode) ! tongue )
A new series begins. We don't need Red John anymore.

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 02-Dec-13, 7:27 PM

bee Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 11:30 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

I was a little apprehensive about this episode, would I like it? I needn't have worried, however, with Simon's brilliant directing, coupled with the breathtaking scenery, I have to admit I loved it! Although Jane seemed to be living an idyllic lifestyle, although perhaps a little frugal, I sensed he was lonely. However, without the threat of RJ looming over his head he had kept in touch with Lisbon, not like Vegas where he completely disappeared without trace. His writing letters to Lisbon telling her about his life was touching and I felt he genuinely missed her. A little piece of one of Jane's letters read "I've been meaning to apologise for leaving you on the beach that night. You being absent is the one thing that made this new chapter strange and sad. Miss you. U NO HOO.!"

Sad to see Lisbon in her Police Chief role, although she seemed happy on the outside I think she missed the excitement of the old days and after Abbott telling her that he knew Jane was in touch with her I believe it wasn't a co-incidence that Kim Fischer was on the island and that perhaps she was sent to manipulate him into going back home by showing him how much he missed the company of English speaking people and especially Lisbon. Jane finally relentiing and writing his conditions on that napkin was hilarious and I noticed that working with Lisbon was his top priority, although he didn't even consult Lisbon about this and presumed she would agree! Same old Jane.

By the way I think the guy at the hotel who whispered to Jane as he left the island and before he got on that bus may have been warning him that Fischer was in fact with the FBI. Who knows? I think Jane taking off his wedding ring was a sign that he may be ready to finally move on but I noticed that he put it back on again (still not quite sure perhaps). I think Jane also realised that although idyllic, the island had its darker side, the dog being killed and the drug dealing (although I was glad that Jane gave the drug dealer his come-uppance before he left the island). Also, I think if he stayed he could imagine himself as that English speaking man at the bar, barely saying a word. Loved the scene where he was being fitted for his new shirt and being adamant that he didn't want the epaulettes, much to the disgust of the tailor. Brilliant directing here.

Lisbon reading Jane's letters was touching, even keeping them all in a little box. She really missed him. Wayne and Grace seem happy with their new daughter, it will be interesting to see how they fit into the storyline until they are written out. Also loved the scene with Cho and although he didn't show it I thought he was pleased to see Jane as he gave that little smile when he knew that Lisbon was waiting for him in that office. The reunion...ah! They genuinely seemed so pleased to see each other, another great hug. Jane couldn't contain his happiness and couldn't take his eyes off her! Didn't like it that Abbott went back on his word to Jane but, hey, he is FBI. Jane saying "Don't worry Lisbon, it's all under control" was hilarious...some things never change! I can foretell trouble ahead between Abbott and Jane...can't wait.

Absolutely loved this episode and Simon's style and flair for directing is amazing. With this new beginning I'm sure there could be many more stories to be told, enough for a 7th season perhaps. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 02-Dec-13, 1:21 PM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 1:11 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

Great episode, I was a little worried, I am not too good at change, and when the music came on and it wasn't MY Mentalist music...I got even more worried.

But I was wrong, a good paced episode, and as Jane always says the Devil is in the details.....all those little bits, the bar tender chuntering to himself about Jane's habits, the ladies in the post office doing the same (then admitting he is nice and polite) and he was playing with the kids too, I KNEW he would get in with the kids....you could see that Jane wanted to get his own back on the big bad chap.

It was mean of Abbott...after all Jane got him the drug dealers...mean, and did Abbott send Kim to Jane? I wouldn't be surprised, as Jane always says...no coincidences.I can imagine she has heard so much about Jane, she probably doesn't realise how honoured she was to be able to watch him sleep....I was suspicious as soon as she made him tea exactly as he liked it.

Cho made me laugh and Jane's crack about him having a chip in his neck, I hope that Jane, Lisbon and Cho work together....good to see Rigsby and VP, but I won't be too sad to see them fade away.

It was great to see Jane just being.....Jane....no big black cloud, just a little grey one of sadness and loneliness, he was there in paradise, and it just....wasn't! it wasn't enough, because he didn't have HIS people there....when he was talking about what he used to do and said very wistfully 'it was fun....' I heard a crack.....it was my heart breaking!

The Hug.....so....real somehow, all the lonely times and the missing her was all put into the hug, he didn't want to let her go, and she was the same, they have been apart too long. But the FBI have made a HUGE mistake.....he WILL make them pay for it too....eventually they WILL come to his terms....SO looking forward to next week......

Ivana Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 2:56 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Such a delicious episode! I am so proud of the whole TM cast and crew, especially of Simon!

hands
Can't wait for Green thumb

Message edited by Ivana - Monday, 02-Dec-13, 2:59 PM

Green Date: Monday, 02-Dec-13, 3:56 PM | Message # 15
Surfie

I thought the parts where Kim helped PJ after he was attacked, and also looked at him so fondly while he was sleeping, were like the scenes in ep 100 where Lisbon walked PJ away after he was slugged, and also looked at him fondly while he was sleeping. Also, the scene about the epaulets was hilarious, and very similar to a scene between my husband and son, when hubby was trying to persuade son to wear a shirt with epaulets when we were visiting relatives in India. Congrats, writers- that part was actually true to life! As I said before, loved the ep! Only sad part was the dog, and, oddly, it didn't bother me as much as the death of an animal usually does. Seems it was a deciding factor in bringing PJ back to life. Really looking forward to how PJ foils Abbott in future, as I'm sure he will!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz