Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 4:51 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
09 My Blue Heaven
Deedee Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 3:35 PM | Message # 31
Bee's Knees

Thats great thanks very much for this DSPallas.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 5:13 PM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

You're welcome.
I really really loved this episode. Saw it twice.
I'm short of comments right now, so I've made myself a new desktop image too…

Patrick Jane is back!

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 5:14 PM

Tina Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 5:33 PM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

Wow, another great one that will be on my desktop in the next days. For now I keep the other one.
I love the episode too very very much. Watched only once yesterday, but today after work I will be on my couch and watch again. This is an episode that will rank high on my most watched TM episodes.

Sun Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 5:36 PM | Message # 34
Cobber

Thank you DS Pallas for the PJ's Terms List. So funny. He misses the same things as we do! I'm looking forward in excitement to the new path TM is following, but to see PJ again with a cup of tea on a comfy couch is also on my list of terms! biggrin

And that desktop image! Great. I love it! Would you mind, if I put it on my screen, too?
Pleeeease say yes !!

With the beard PJ reminds me not only of Simon Baker, but also of earlier film roles like in Secret Man's Business, which I loved.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 6:06 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

@sun: I can send you a larger and bettter version of the pic for your screen, PM me if you want, no problem! happy

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 03-Dec-13, 11:45 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

Simon left the coment on his Instagram regarding MBH:

[ @ ] snappytoes Just want to say thank you for all the nice comments about the episode "My Blue Heaven". It was risky trying to do something so different with the structure and tone of the show. I'm just really glad that most of you enjoyed it and got what I was doing. Many thanks. Simon x

marta75 Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 0:27 AM | Message # 37
Rip Snorter

it's so sweet to him to answer. This man is amazing ! I really hope he will succeed in his directing career heart

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 0:34 AM | Message # 38
Bee's Knees

Those looking for screencaps, I capped this episode (logoless 720p) http://justgraphics3.livejournal.com/50654.html
Let me know if you have any issues. I've capped all of season 6 so far, you can find them using the caps.

Green Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 1:35 AM | Message # 39
Surfie

Thanks for the screen caps, guys- I was wondering what was on that list! And didn't notice the change in hair, just that it looked great- funny what a difference parting on other side makes--

Thrill Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 2:08 AM | Message # 40
Dinkie-Di

I am blown away by this episode - loved it. ironically I am away on Rottnest Island with my daughter and 3 friends (4 x 15 yo…..) for a few days as a start of summer holidays. So i was watching the episode looking out at the white sand, blue sea and rocks… Ive watched it 4 times now (to much teasing from the girls) - so much talent - I think that no only is T M re-energised but Simon also.

For me - there were so many moments - but looking at the old guy at the bar - which finally made him decide to leave - looking at the future….. Waking up after he had been beaten with a look of panic - seeing Kim and not remembering if he had slept with her!! I think at tat moment he had no clue she was FBI - but the tea was suspicious - how could she know - and he is so fussy (I relate to that) - not even Lisbon has made his tea!! I love Abbott - and Rockmand is doing a great job - there will be lots of fireworks between Abbott and Jane - which is obviously necessary and interesting - half the battle is fighting your own team!!

Seeing PJ - going native - well Simon just looks so natural in that environment - and the hair parting and beard - that explains the look he had at all the recent interviews. Did you notice the well defined calfs?? Sorry I'm a cyclist and spend many hours each week following people (not a fast cyclist you see) and have a habit of calf watching. The opening scene - Simon was so graceful moving over the rocks and jumping down - and walking along the beach - he looked so at home. He wears a sarong so comfortably. And another shot of him running - up from the beach to catch Abbott. So fluid…. BTW when he kicked the drug dealer - it looked like it was Simon doing the kick (one continuous shot) and he appeared to jump up and kick - like a martial arts kick - which makes sense as the target was moving away at the time (I used to do MA until I had knee problems…)

I am putting something together of images of my favourite moments…. Couldn't help myself - watching MBH just generated so many pictures in my mind.

kabuky Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 8:08 AM | Message # 41
Surfie

Wow - You all have been so hard at work!! MANY MANY thanks for posting the PJ letter, the list of demands, Matt's letter and Simon's comments. it is nice to see! And I SO LIKED the unkept PJ look - the curls in the back are LEFT ALONE for one episode! I get so sick of seeing the over-combed and hair sprayed look.

And yep, I noticed the hairy calves - aren't they just gorgeous!! I love looking at muscular legs on men!! I laughed when looking at the snappy toes pic of him on the bike - he has his knees together, as they should be!! uh, well, on second thought….

AND I SO LOVED the entire music track for the episode!! LOVED IT!!!!

Message edited by kabuky - Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 8:09 AM

hellenna Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 10:22 AM | Message # 42
Blow-In

So much brightness in this episode...
not only "his blue heaven" it was "our blue heaven" too!!!Fantastic episode!!! No words to express my feelings...Many thanks to the Mentalist Team and many thanks to you girls, for all the posts,images,comments!!!!I am greatful that i am a small part of your group!!!THANKS heart heart heart

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 12:36 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

When Simon says it was risky to make such an episode, he's right; Have you noticed camera's angles, the editing, the pace, the light? It's not really like in most of US TV shows standard…

Very good writing, that allow us the time to study a "new" Jane, more lighthearted apparently, but also so fragile. After sacrifying 10 years of his life to revenge, he has eventually achieved what he wanted to do. And now? He may seem free, but his bonds are not the kind that you can see. And how many years of insolation can a man deal with?

I love the way a sudden succession of events (the meeting, talk and "date" with Kim, the ring, the dog killing, old Roger) will make Jane realise how he's missing company, friendship and love, how these bonds are strong. And that his real place is near Lisbon, whatever is the price to pay (working with Teresa comes in first on his list of terms, before the drop of charges!).

What is also interesting is the share between free will and manipulation into Jane's decision to go back to the States with Abbott. Is Jane conscious of Kim being used here as a trigger? Does he suspect she is an agent of some sort?

And again a parallel between Jane dancing and having a good time with a woman, and miles away a Teresa alone in her room reading his letters, like in the episode where he was in Vegas with Lorelei, while Lisbon was walking the streets at night to calm her anguish.

The meeting with Abbott was great, as well as the trap for the drug dealer. Always the touch of lightness and fun we love so much in TM. I found the character of the young F. Morales absolutely great! I wish we could see him again!
Loved the way Jane is filmed in the car that drives him to the FBI, with his reflection, the contrast between the huge FBI building, cold with its glass windows and concrete, as opposed to the old CBI building with its warms bricks and its old wooden attic, the low-angle shot when Jane walks in, in contrast with the high-angle when he meets Cho in the large hall. And the final scene, with the deal refusal (ooh that napkin… what a great idea!). I wonder what trick Jane has up his sleeve.

There's so much details, and feelings in this episode! I'm happy a lot of people seem to have enjoyed it.
Yes it was a transition episode, but a strong one and with a unique flavour. Bravo Mister Baker, and kudos to the whole Mentalist Team!

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 2:50 PM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

DS_Pallas,
There's so much details, and feelings in this episode! I'm happy a lot of people seem to have enjoyed it.
Yes it was a transition episode, but a strong one and with a unique flavour. Bravo Mister Baker, and kudos to the whole Mentalist Team!

You summed it up nicely.Simon gave us such a treat!

Does anyone now what is on the wall above Jane's desk in the scene where is he writting letters, and what books are on the table?

June Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 2:56 PM | Message # 45
Bee's Knees

Nice episode, with some beautiful moments. I need to watch more episodes to be sure that I love the new mentalist but it's a good start. I liked it. Simon is perfect with his new look, more gorgeous than ever; Patrick Jane is still there, he didn't leave. I felt like he was happy but out of place, vulnerable. Simon's wonderful acting as always. I don't like the actress who plays Kim, she hasn't charisma. There's no chemistry with Jane. I don't know, maybe it is a first impression. I miss the CBI and the team working together, I'm going to miss a lot the interaction between them, it's hard to accept that there's no more.

Beautiful moments: the scenes with the taylor (who's this actor? I love him), his annoyance because Jane didn't want "charreteras", the funniest; Jane writing the letter and the music, of course; Lisbon reading old letters while Jane is dancing with Kim; when Jane realizes that his fate is becoming that lonely man if he stays there...
But specially the meeting of Jane and Lisbon, that hug!!!, after two years and "My terms" list. Whoever had the idea, THANK YOU. I paused the episode to read the list and made me so happy! The couch, the tea, our lovely Jane. And Lisbon on the top. Well done.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 09 My Blue Heaven (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz