Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 5:52 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Discussion
Tina Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 4:38 PM | Message # 136
Fair Dinkum

Great work with this list. Since I have seen the TG episodes several times I usually recognize the actors. In one season there were in a lot of episodes
TG actors. Was it 3 or 4, don't know.
I definately would love to see Dabney on TM. Really loved him in TG.
As for Wendy .... I really didn't like Lulu, I will never understand why she suddenly treated him so bad. He hadn't done anything and from one day to the other she behaved so bad. I was just happy they didn't end up together.

Juney Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 5:16 PM | Message # 137
Bee's Knees

Quote (sylvia5993)
By the way, all 3 seasons are available from Amazon.

Yes but only for Region 1 and as a completely nitwit where DVR's are concerned I have decided not to bother. Thanks anyway. biggrin

Juney Date: Friday, 05-Apr-13, 5:17 PM | Message # 138
Bee's Knees

Quote (tinamarianne)
I was just happy they didn't end up together

Me too.

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 09-Apr-13, 2:21 PM | Message # 139
Dinkie-Di

Hey June - great job - you have inspired me and i have done a little nostalgic video with Lily Nicksay - from Heart and recently Red, white and Blue.
Yes but only for Region 1 and as a completely nitwit where DVR's are concerned I have decided not to bother. Thanks anyway.

Juney - I understand the frustration. I bought an external DVD player which plugs into a USB port on my laptop. It is multi-region (I am R4) so plays my TG videos perfectly (and other Simon movies which I could only get in R1 format). Any largish electrical store will sell them - and they are quite cheep (make sure you ask for multi-region). They are a little smaller than a DVD case. It is so so so so so worth it. If you want more detailed help PM me.

Juney Date: Wednesday, 10-Apr-13, 3:43 PM | Message # 140
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the info Thrill, but I think I'll have to pass on this one.

BasqueCountryEuskeraz Date: Saturday, 08-Jun-13, 10:20 PM | Message # 141
Blow-In

Hi,

Some friends give me the DVDs of The Guardian serie, to see it and to practise my English. The audio of these DVDs is in English but they don't have subtitles.
Maybe you can help me, do you know if can I have de script of The Guardian, script in English, of course. Perhaps by Internet or maybe I can buy, I don't know.

Thanks, up

Wand6122360 Date: Saturday, 08-Jun-13, 11:01 PM | Message # 142
Bee's Knees

BasqueCountryEuskeraz, I checked out my old link to the episode transcripts for The Guardian, and it didn't work, but my husband referred me to The WayBackMachine which archives the Internet, and I found the transcripts at this URL.

http://web.archive.org/web....ttp

P.S. there is an option at the bottom to download all.

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Saturday, 08-Jun-13, 11:05 PM

ruuger Date: Saturday, 08-Jun-13, 11:03 PM | Message # 143
Cobber

This website has English subtitles for The Guardian for download. If you know how to rip the DVDs into video files, you can use the subtitles with those, but if you just want to read them, you can open the subtitles in a text editor like Notepad.

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 09-Jun-13, 3:51 PM | Message # 144
Fair Dinkum

Thank you for those links.
Haven't been able to find english version of the 3 seasons with french subtitles, only original versions, or only dubbed in french. Subtitles websites have only subtitles for 10 episodes of Season One, don"t know why.
But the link wand provides has ALL Season One episodes transcripts! Thank you very much!! biggrin

BasqueCountryEuskeraz Date: Tuesday, 11-Jun-13, 10:57 AM | Message # 145
Blow-In

Thank you very very much for the links, thanks really biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 11-Jun-13, 1:08 PM | Message # 146
Bee's Knees

I'm glad I could help. It would have been a sad thing to lose those transcriptions and all the hard work that someone put into them.

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 11-Jun-13, 2:15 PM | Message # 147
Bee's Knees

I agree, thank you so much for the link, I have been looking for something like this myself, I've copied them...a great find.

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 11-Jun-13, 2:31 PM | Message # 148
Bee's Knees

The reason I found them in the first place is that I'm one of those people whom 'needs' to know the ending. They were only releasing The Guardian DVD's a year at a time and I was anxious to know what happened.

I remember reading an article that studios should check their vaults for hidden treasures (and sources of additional prophet) and The Guardian was given as an example. And with advances in technology, it seems that the show has hound a permanent home in the digital universe. Good for Simon Baker! He'll be around forever.

Juney Date: Wednesday, 24-Jul-13, 5:27 PM | Message # 149
Bee's Knees

It's nice to find out what was really said in places as I found some of the dialogue very difficult to hear. smile

Geli Date: Saturday, 01-Feb-14, 9:07 AM | Message # 150
Surfie

Found "The Guardian" on Canadian Netflix. Watched the first four episodes so far. The stories are quite moving and Simon is fascinating to watch.

Forum » Television Series » The Guardian » Discussion (Chat about The Guardian series)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz