[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Trivia & Chat
Simon Trivia & Chat
DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 09-May-13, 1:06 PM | Message # 76
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Geli)
Hope you can follow my thinking.

Absolutely, Geli. Was just curious happy
I'm not either an English speaker, but to me "sack" is just a popular expression, not that vulgar. Just slang. Its use doesn't sound sexist or derogative to me. Plus we know SB tends to swear, and it's not that he is uncouth, it's just it seems a natural way of talking where he comes from.
He generally doesn't use swear words in interviews though (but I remember reading the f word a few times); It's just a bit unusual for SB to talk about rather intimate things as the one mentionned in the quote, that what intrigues me, not the use of the word "sack" biggrin

But lately, he had let go a few saucy bits… So, at the end, IMO, this quote is genuine. cool

AgentM Date: Friday, 10-May-13, 9:40 PM | Message # 77
Bee's Knees

Quote (Fran)
For UK people, a voucher for a free sample of 'Gentlemen Only' from John Lewis:

Just thought I'd let peeps in the UK know that I got a sample in John Lewis because I asked for it! I did mention the voucher but that I couldn't print it off (pesky printer!)...they gave me a sample spray anyway. Have to say, it is a very nice after-shave. Have sprayed some on a summer scarf so I keep getting a dreamy whiff every now and again!! lol. Apparently the fragrance is exclusive to John Lewis...nowhere else had it, I asked! So girls, get asking! (apart from which, samples should be given out on request...we are potential customers, after all...to deny us would be like turning down money!) wink

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 20-May-13, 5:37 PM | Message # 78
Bee's Knees

Regarding his latest choice of reading material, "Skios" does anyone else think that he is possibly researching a future project. The character "Fox" could very well be his next incarnation since he has blond messy hair and is quite the voluble and amusing tricky fellow.

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 20-May-13, 6:01 PM | Message # 79
Bee's Knees

I've ordered the book, and haven't read it yet. But certainly sounds suspicious.

AgentM Date: Monday, 20-May-13, 6:31 PM | Message # 80
Bee's Knees

I doubt it... it seems like light reading - just something to read on the plane when going on hols... that said, it probably is 'different' enough to grab his interest (he's a bit like Jane in that regard - we should expect the unexpected!)

I read a few pages and couldn't get my head around it! Sometimes I think he has a really strange sense of humour...lol. wacko I'm not a big fan of the 'farce' so the few pages I read were enough for me.

Tassie Date: Tuesday, 21-May-13, 5:51 PM | Message # 81
Bee's Knees

Read this book as well, and the same thought went through my mind that perhaps Simon was researching a role. I hope not as despite the blurbs on the book cover, mildly amusing in a few places was the best it did for me. Of course my favourite holiday reading is an 'Agatha Christie' and I just can't imagine Simon furiously turning the pages on one of those-each to his own.

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 21-May-13, 9:16 PM | Message # 82
Rip Snorter

As I recall the bit with the real life Mentalist on the DVD, Simon wrote and the guy guessed The Greek Isles as one of Simon's favorite vacation destinations...

Fran Date: Friday, 24-May-13, 0:29 AM | Message # 83
Fair Dinkum

Quote (AgentM)
Apparently the fragrance is exclusive to John Lewis...nowhere else had it, I asked!

I found it in Debenhams and they had a tester so I had a good spray - I thought it was lovely and it lasted well too. Most of the boxes they had were plain, but one had a sleeve with the umbrella photo. I was a bit peeved though because they had a sale on and they'd stuck the label right over Simon's face sad . I considered peeling it off and re-sticking it somewhere else, but all the perfumes had the label in the top-right corner so I decided I'd better not.

Update: Apparently also available at The Fragrance Shop http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10758709.htm

Evy Date: Friday, 24-May-13, 3:08 PM | Message # 84
Fair Dinkum

Quote (AgentM)
Apparently the fragrance is exclusive to John Lewis...nowhere else had it, I asked !

In France, "Gentleman Only" is sold everywhere in all the perfume shops. It's also for sale on the web site of Givenchy.
I went to smell it (twice ...) : I loved it ! Fine, fresh, subtle. It evolves over time.To offer to "our men" without hesitating ! tongue

AgentM Date: Friday, 24-May-13, 8:54 PM | Message # 85
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the info Fran...will be investigating soon...loitering around the men's fragrance counter can be good fun, too! tongue

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 25-May-13, 2:51 AM | Message # 86
Bee's Knees

Today was our 49th wedding anniversary and we went for a lovely lunch in Ojai and I did buy my husband "For Gentlemen Only'. The fragrance is subtle but quite enticing. I love it on him, perhaps some of the "umbrella" sweetness will rub off. Macy's did send out adverts for it with the lovely Simon all wet and smiling.

JeanT Date: Saturday, 25-May-13, 4:06 PM | Message # 87
Jillaroo

I too went into Debenhams and saw a wonderful display or pictures of the very wet Simon plastered all over the Givenchey counter with smaller displays on counter with a tester, picture and umberlla in plastic. Asked for a sample and was given two there were also cards to take as well which I did and is now on my fridge. Smells really good have consdided using it myself.

Good news about Longines look forward to seeing him.

Message edited by JeanT - Saturday, 25-May-13, 4:15 PM

Juney Date: Saturday, 25-May-13, 4:13 PM | Message # 88
Bee's Knees

I must have a look round all the shops when I next go into town. Seems I might have missed the promos.

bee Date: Saturday, 01-Jun-13, 9:16 PM | Message # 89
Fair Dinkum

Just seen Simon's Givenchy advert on TV....unbelievable!! Is this the first time seen on British TV or have I just been unlucky and missed it! confused I think I'll have to go and lie down with a

Fran Date: Sunday, 02-Jun-13, 9:53 AM | Message # 90
Fair Dinkum

Ooooh, I never thought it would be shown here, I'll be switching channels like mad now biggrin

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon Trivia & Chat
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz