Monday, 29-Apr-24, 7:01 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 4 » Season4 Tweets by Other Crew/Cast (Karl Sonnenberg, Matt Gossen etc.)
Season4 Tweets by Other Crew/Cast
Fran Date: Wednesday, 21-Mar-12, 0:35 AM | Message # 361
Fair Dinkum

20th March
4.22 So Long, and Thanks for All the Red Snapper

@doe_nutt (Samaire Armstrong - Summer)

"Working w @kmalickisanchez on The Mentalist today!! He's sure is nice.... But his character not so much... :-/"

Fran Date: Wednesday, 21-Mar-12, 7:32 PM | Message # 362
Fair Dinkum

21st March

MentalistWriter

"Good morning all!"

Reply to 'Could you give a rundown of all the meetings and prep 4 an episode?' - "Too many meetings to fit in a tweet. But topics include locations, costumes, transport, special effects, and casting."

"BTS tidbit from At First Blush: the court exterior was not filmed at a court. It was a spiritual center."

Reply to 'how do writers begin preparing for the next season?' - "We begin preparing mostly by discussing things we'd like our characters to do, and specific ideas for episodes."

Reply to 'Who decides what scenes to leave out in the final cut?Writer, director or a joint effort?' - "Deciding which scenes to leave out of the final cut is a joint effort -- with editors, directors, producers, and writers."

Reply to 'what is a tone meeting?' - "Lots of things happen in tone mtg. But mostly for director of episode to get instruction from Bruno (our showrunner)."

Reply to 'what is your favorite off-stage location you've ever filmed at?' - "Fav shooting location had to be ep. 414 when we shot at a Malibu vineyard. Views were amazing."

Fran Date: Thursday, 22-Mar-12, 5:54 PM | Message # 363
Fair Dinkum

22nd March

MentalistWriter

"Yo, Ashley here. Just wanted to report shooting on ep 422 is going great, Robin's crushing it right now on the backlot."

"Afternoon everyone!"

"Anyone watched the BBC's "Sherlock"? I think if you're a Mentalist fan, you'll probably enjoy it."

"I'm not sure if Bruno had Holmes in mind when he created Jane, but I can definitely see a lot similarities."

"Making the decision to START writing may be the hardest part of the process."

"Good night guys!"

Fran Date: Friday, 23-Mar-12, 8:47 PM | Message # 364
Fair Dinkum

23rd March

MentalistWriter

"Good morning! Ashley here. Shooting ep 4.22 on the lot today. Just rehearsed an interrogation scene. Amanda's a badass!"

"4.22 is the ep b4 the sort-of-2-part finale -- 4.23 & 4.24. 4.22 is about goodbyes, however, hence the title."

"Afternoon all!"

Reply to 'Do you guys write over the break? Do you ever worry about not getting a story in time?' - "We often have to write on breaks. Everyone worries about not getting it in on time, but it somehow gets done"

"Another meeting in the writers' room this afternoon. Discussing Season 5, and beyond."

"Some good ideas came from the meeting, I think. New, interesting things on the horizon. #season5"

Fran Date: Tuesday, 27-Mar-12, 6:45 PM | Message # 365
Fair Dinkum

27th March

Karl

"And so we start the production meeting for episode 4.23"

"Back on set today with #TheMentalist at Warner Bros Ranch"

Fran Date: Wednesday, 28-Mar-12, 0:40 AM | Message # 366
Fair Dinkum

27th March

MentalistWriter

"Hello, everybody. Jordan Harper here manning the helm for this week. We're coming up with season five ideas now."

Reply to 'do spoilers about S5 come from you writers/producers to check fans reactions' - "Spoilers are used to whet appetites, mostly. They never tell the whole story, so you can't judge fan reactions by them."

"I'm answering questions today about the writing process (no show spoilers). Ask away!"

"Our scripts average about 54 pages per episode, but it varies three or four pages either way."

"I personally get my "creepy" ideas from being creepy myself. And my bookshelf is quite scary. I have the book "Practical Homicide Investigation" on my desk right now."

"We have to cut out scenes when the episode turns out too long. It happens several times a season. But also, sometimes we have to film extra scenes when the episode is too short. That happened to me this year."

"Titles can come at the start or end of the process. I had the title "His Thoughts Were Red Thoughts" very early."

"In television, writers become producers as they get more experience. Most of our producers are writers as well."

"There are nine people on the writing staff, the same nine for the past two seasons. Plus, we have one freelancer a year."

"Signing off."

Fran Date: Wednesday, 28-Mar-12, 8:16 PM | Message # 367
Fair Dinkum

28th March

Tim

"Filming in beautiful Malibu, CA today. Beautiful! Wish you all were here!" https://twitter.com/#!/Tim__Kang/status/185062233733214208/photo/1

Fran Date: Wednesday, 28-Mar-12, 8:17 PM | Message # 368
Fair Dinkum

28th March

Amanda

"Living the dream" https://twitter.com/#!....1

Fran Date: Wednesday, 28-Mar-12, 8:20 PM | Message # 369
Fair Dinkum

28th March

MentalistWriter

"Good morning from the Writer's Office. Today is the day we'll pass 6,000 followers, I wager."

"The script for 424 is intense. Can't wait to see it filmed. Or hear what you all think of it."

Fran Date: Thursday, 29-Mar-12, 0:14 AM | Message # 370
Fair Dinkum

28th March

Karl

"It's a beautiful day to shoot! #TheMentalist 4.22" https://twitter.com/#!/TA4TV/status/185087863606620160/photo/1

Reply to 'what's the purpose of that giant mushroom-thingy?' - "It diffuses the direct sunlight."

Reply to 'when you talk about the Warner Brothers sets, is that all indoors or outside?' - "Both. Our sound stages 9 & 14, plus we shoot all over the WB lot and other locations off the lot."

"Setting up for some night work #TheMentalist" https://twitter.com/#!/TA4TV/status/185189395987574784/photo/1

Fran Date: Thursday, 29-Mar-12, 11:06 AM | Message # 371
Fair Dinkum

28th March

Matt

"My office today. @ Leo Carrillo State Beach" http://instagr.am/p/IvGFuPzTS7/

"Inky @ Leo Carrillo State Beach" http://instagr.am/p/IvhoGCTTZB/

Fran Date: Thursday, 29-Mar-12, 8:25 PM | Message # 372
Fair Dinkum

29th March
4.22 So Long, and Thanks for All the Red Snapper & 4.23 Red Rover Red Rover

MentalistWriter

"A new Mentalist airs in North America tonight: "Pink Champagne on Ice." There will be hijinx.!

"Yo Mentalistas. @Ashley_Gable here. Last day of shooting for #TheMentalist 422, my last show. It's going to be fun! #SoLongAndThanks"

"Spotted on the Warner Brothers lot: @curriegraham (who plays our Walter Mashburn), guest-starring for a different show across the street."

"Hi, Mentalistas -- Ashley here. Just hung out with the inestimable @CurrieGraham, who is shooting over at #HarrysLaw. He says hi 2 u all!"

Reply to 'when does TM cast start filming Season 5?' - "we'll be back shooting season 5 in late July. -Ashley"

Reply to 'How long will you be with us on Twitter before you go on break?' - "We are definitely slowing down around here. May will probably be pretty quiet on our Twitter feed."

Fran Date: Friday, 30-Mar-12, 7:43 PM | Message # 373
Fair Dinkum

30th March
4.23 Red Rover Red Rover

MentalistWriter

"#Fridayreads at the Mentalist office today: The FBI Crime Classification Manual. We have fun around here."

"Yo, Mentalistas -- the concept meeting for #TheMentalist FINALE is today. #TheCrimsonHat #IsGoingToBeAwesome"

Fran Date: Monday, 02-Apr-12, 11:40 PM | Message # 374
Fair Dinkum

2nd April
4.23 Red Rover Red Rover

MentalistWriter

"Ey Yo! Mentalist Massive! E Green Swafford on the twittah ones and twos all week long."

Reply to 'How do u guys create ideas for the show?' - "We look for ideas and inspiration all over the place. We read A LOT and find things just by living our lives too."

"We joust w/quills but keep it spicy w/a March Madness pool. Tony, Jordan, and Daniel still have a shot at the loot!" https://twitter.com/#!....1

Fran Date: Thursday, 05-Apr-12, 0:03 AM | Message # 375
Fair Dinkum

4th April
4.23 Red Rover Red Rover

MentalistWriter

Reply to 'Do you film you scenes in sequence?' - "Our 1st Assistant Director organizes the shooting sked based on location availabilities and other concerns so we almost always shoot out of sequence."

Reply to 'do you guys ever disagree on any decisions, or plots, or are the writers basically a hive mind?' - "We're not the Borg and disagree but are respectful of each other's opinions. It's Bruno's show so we work to maintain his vision."

Reply to 'Will there be bed scenes between Jane and Loralai?' - "You'll just have to wait and see. I'll say that I have read several versions of the script for 424. HOT FIYAH!!"

Reply to 'What is the job description of a producer?' - "Sorry for the generic answer but "it depends." Some focus on the budget, others on the running of the crew and the writing staff"

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 4 » Season4 Tweets by Other Crew/Cast (Karl Sonnenberg, Matt Gossen etc.)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz