Friday, 19-Apr-24, 6:58 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 3 » Episode Discussion - Season 3 - UK pace
Episode Discussion - Season 3 - UK pace
Fran Date: Sunday, 10-Apr-11, 11:43 AM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

3.16 Red Queen shown 8th April

Oooh, exciting episode. I thought the scene where Patrick confronted Hightower was fantastic. Deep-down inside I've never really believed that Patrick would be capable of doing what he says he'll do to Red John. After seeing this scene, I've now changed my mind.

I'm still thinking about the Gale Bertram implications - the clue was a bit obvious so I think they may be playing with us.

I don't think Hightower has gone for good, I think she'll be back.

Funny scene with Rigsby reminded me a bit of a 2 Ronnies sketch.

I think we saw less Patrick in this episode and practically no Patrick humour. That didn't particularly worry me at the time, but it probably means I won't be re-watching it as often as the Patrick heavy eps.

JudeBlue Date: Sunday, 10-Apr-11, 3:12 PM | Message # 32
Cobber

Yes it was an exciting episode, more my sort of thing.

I loved the look on Cho's face when Jane asked everyone to lower their weapons and Cho looked at LaRoche to see what to do.

I wondered was how Patrick got Hightower into LaRoche's boot - but I'll let that slide. biggrin

I also think it was quite a neat trick for Jane to crash the car, get out and open the rear door (with gun still
stuck to his neck), and then get back in again and place his head and gun back - presumably without anybody seeing!!

Who will be in charge now?

Could be interesting.

angel Date: Sunday, 10-Apr-11, 4:16 PM | Message # 33
Cobber

An excellent episode all round. I kept guessing all the way what was happening and never guessed it till the end. But somehow after last weeks episode i couldn't believe that hightower was bad and she was set up. I do hope she comes back as she has really grown on me especially when you got to see her softer side with her family and her great partnership with jane last week.

Laroche with his pup was so cute at the end and showed his soft side, and that he is not all in your face. Again somehow i think he is sincere in catching the bad guys but likes to play games to catch you out which is right. But i am eager to find out what happens in his last episode and if he will return in some capacity.

This is truly an incredible season and one of the best so far.

Fran Date: Saturday, 16-Apr-11, 9:53 AM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

3.17 Bloodstream shown 15th April

I loved this one from start to finish and thought it was very well written. Cho & Lisbon were great, and Patrick was irresistibly charming. Can't wait to watch it again today.

JudeBlue Date: Saturday, 16-Apr-11, 1:10 PM | Message # 35
Cobber

When the woman was in pain and Jane leaned over I fully expected him to use his skills - perhaps hypnotism - to help. Perhaps a distressed person can't be hypnotised or was it that he wanted everybody to notice the problem with the painkillers?

I reckon Cho could take over in a heartbeat if needed - I thought that Lisbon took her temporary demotion a bit too calmly, I suppose she knew what LaRoche was up to and didn't want to give him the satisfaction of annoying her - another so-so episode for me.

angel Date: Sunday, 17-Apr-11, 5:09 PM | Message # 36
Cobber

loved how cho didn't want the boss job but when liosbon insisted he jumped at it straight away. caught her out there. At the beginning when jane said the dead guy was a doctor then cho confirmed it i loved how jane took his jacket end and said 'you can touch my cloth now'. So deadpan. But also telling the woman who was in pain that the best thing to do is scream. When she did believe me even i could feel that pain. It was so real. Gave me goosebumps. Brilliant episode and jane was so cute with the nurses. Laroche though my god he doesn't raise his voice but he makes you listen when he is not happy. He really took lisbon down a peg at the beginning. He's not to be messed with. Brilliant stuff

Fran Date: Wednesday, 20-Apr-11, 0:48 AM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

Yes, I think Pruitt Taylor Vince is doing a fantastic job - I loved his little smile at Lisbon when he said maybe he was messing with her.

My favourite scenes were Patrick with the nurses, they were completely taken in by his charm. And also the doctor's meeting - the kangaroo court etc. I thought the scream advice to Enid (think that's her name) was great - if the staff wanted a quiet life they had to give her the operation.

I thought Lisbon was very supportive towards Cho, and I think that's the main reason she didn't make a fuss - she didn't want to make things difficult for him. And she actually seemed to be enjoying having a bit of break from the responsibility. I particularly liked the running scene with Grace "I am fast!".

I also noticed that when Patrick wrote the message on the bloke's body, the guy's nipple was the bottom of the exclamation mark - I thought that, and the scissors with the dotted line, were hilarious.

JudeBlue Date: Friday, 22-Apr-11, 8:10 PM | Message # 38
Cobber

Well I'm sitting here in a grump.

I know we were warned but..............

Why is there no episode tonight, grump, grump, grump.

I'm going to watch The Wedding Singer to try and cheer myself up.

Grump.

JudeBlue Date: Monday, 02-May-11, 6:11 PM | Message # 39
Cobber

3.18 The Red Mile

The alien abduction story was, er, different.

The ending was very touching - I have one criticism though. Is it really believable that Dr Steiner would
go from quite hostile feelings towards Jane to asking for such an intimate favour - in the space of one
episode? It's not as though they don't have enough airtime to run a storyline for a few episodes.

Simon's acting was, of course, spot on.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 04-May-11, 1:27 AM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

I really liked all the Patrick and Dr Steiner scenes, and thought there were also a couple of nice Patrick and Lisbon moments. Cho made me smile once or twice. I'm not a great fan of the Van Pelt love triangle, but I thought they moved that storyline forward well, and I felt for Rigsby. I thought the murder plot was OK but not one of the best for me.

I did particularly enjoy Patrick setting off the fire alarm, and of course Patrick dozing on his couch. But I think the most interesting thing for me was the way Patrick helped Steiner by distracting him and giving him some fun. I think this reflects Patrick's philosophy for his own life, having fun is the way he copes with his own inner sadness. So I don't feel that it was just in that wonderful closing scene that we saw Patrick's humanity, but throughout the episode once he realised that Steiner was ill. I think Steiner recognised that and as a result saw Patrick with fresh eyes.

JudeBlue Date: Thursday, 05-May-11, 1:43 PM | Message # 41
Cobber

I liked the Jane/Steiner scenes and think that they missed a trick in not having a few more episodes like that - before Steiner's suicide.

I'm starting to think like Patrick. As soon as Lisbon was talking about knocking on doors I knew that he would get everyone outside. biggrin

angel Date: Saturday, 07-May-11, 5:54 PM | Message # 42
Cobber

fran i too loved when jane set off the alarm. But you are spot on with the way patrick did distract steiner which did show his softer side and that it is a way that he copes with his inner turmoil by being fun and childlike. I thought their scenes together were so much fun and touching. i have always loved george wyner, he is the most amazing guest star on some incredible shows for near 30 years. but a incredible episode which hity me hard when i first saw it as it was so close to a episode in my life and truly felt it. When i showed it to my mum it realy moved her to tears as yes she truly understoood its meaning. incredible.

Fran Date: Sunday, 08-May-11, 12:33 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

Yes Angie, I find exactly the same. If I see something like that which I have personal experience of, I identify with it and find it much more moving. And I think its then that we recognise the truth behind the writing and the performances. I think there's a lot of truth about human behaviour in The Mentalist, and in all of Simon's performances because he's so observant and perceptive.

Fran Date: Sunday, 08-May-11, 12:33 PM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

3.19 Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Bother Bother Bother

The thunderstorm knocked my DVR out, so it didn't record. I watched the ep live, but haven't been able to watch it again yet.

I'm feeling so impatient because I thought it was fabulous, and that the Simon / Morena Baccarin scenes were brilliant - they need to be savoured again and again.

angel Date: Thursday, 12-May-11, 11:31 AM | Message # 45
Cobber

This was another brilliant episode. I loved when lisbon asked him why he was so bothered by her and his reply was ' because she doesn't think i'm smart enough' fool Pure heaven. Morena was a joy to watch. She starts out sympathetic but you then slowly see her true side and how cold and manipulative she is. Just the different looks on her face throughout showed this. She was matching jane scene for scene. Loved the ending when lisbon watches his profile. I personally think this was done deliberately by the writers for all the jisbon fans out there. It was a teaser that you think he is talking about lisbon then when morena says she sounds like an incredible woman and he utters ''she was' you can just hear the hearts drop of all jisbon fans out there. no I thought it was very clever but also again a teaser for what might be but won't happen at all or until the end. Shows the writers are in tune and do read what fans are asking for but does not mean that they will comply or not just yet. very clever. Am going to watch it again tonight then funny enough will turn over to e4+ and watch serenity which has morena in it. A great night tv for me. Can't wait.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 3 » Episode Discussion - Season 3 - UK pace
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz