Friday, 29-Mar-24, 12:07 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 3 » Episode Discussion - Season 3 - UK pace
Episode Discussion - Season 3 - UK pace
JudeBlue Date: Monday, 16-May-11, 4:31 PM | Message # 46
Cobber

3.20 Redacted

Well Patrick really is taking risks now isn't he?

I've not said much recently because I'm not feeling terribly engaged with most of the stories lately but I am really looking forward to the series finale.

Fran Date: Saturday, 21-May-11, 10:28 AM | Message # 47
Fair Dinkum

I don't think this episode was one of the best, but I enjoyed it, particularly because we saw more layers of Patrick's personality. Its not often that we see him unable to get the better of a situation, so its good to be reminded that he's not invincible.

I loved no-nonsense Lisbon's solution to the problem, and the fact that she didn't hesitate about helping Jane which shows real confidence in him. I think their relationship seems to work on so many different levels, with much greater depth and complexity than most 'TV couples'.

Fran Date: Saturday, 21-May-11, 10:33 AM | Message # 48
Fair Dinkum

3.21 Like a Redheaded Stepchild

From 1st viewing, I would say this was my least favourite episode of any season. Surprising because I usually like Jordan Harper's writing.

I'm not really sure why, but I didn't connect with the Rigsby and his father scenes. Maybe it was just my mood last night - I'll have to watch it again soon, and see if I change my mind.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 24-May-11, 11:42 AM | Message # 49
Fair Dinkum

I saw this episode again last night. I think the problem I had the first time I watched it, was that I was a little too tired to follow some fast-paced detailed dialogue which also used some words/phrases that I didn't understand. I still didn't understand some of it on second viewing, but at least I was able to re-play some scenes where my brain was too slow to pick up all the words.

So I liked it better on 2nd viewing, and I enjoyed several Patrick moments. But overall I still felt that something was lacking, so it won't be a frequent choice for watching again.

angel Date: Tuesday, 24-May-11, 6:31 PM | Message # 50
Cobber

I liked the episode but yes it was a bit slow to start with but it found its feet as it went along. Jane was so funny especially his little quips about him being a ex con.

But i have to say i thought william forsythe as rigsby dad was so right for the part. god he is scary but also something honorouble about him. The end between him and his son was very intense and you could feel that his dad finaly acknowledged him and his work. I think that was what he wanted rigsby to do was to stand up to him finaly and he respected that he did. But throughout you could see his father egging him on but rigsby just kept backing off as if too scared which obviously stems from his dad being a bully. But the ending was just right.

Also the ending when he finaly got the his nerve that he also went to grace and told her he won't be at the wedding. That was so touching. lovely quiet lead out at the end.

As usual jane was on top form. shame he did not interact with rigsby father as that would have been classic. Also i noticed angela featherstone as roxy who had the affair with nick on the guardian while he was with lulu. But unless thats how they made her up, she looked quite old i was surprised cos i'm sure i have seen her recently and she looks lovely.

Good episode for owain though. Loved his diffferent emotions as they changed around his dad. But william is such a fine actor especially as the bad guy. Love his voice.

But i liked the episode and yeas even better the 2nd time around.

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-May-11, 1:52 AM | Message # 51
Fair Dinkum

3.22 Rhapsody in Red

Ah, a nice lighthearted fun episode before the heavyweight Finale (if murder can ever really be considered lighthearted dry ).

I enjoyed the subplot with the kid and Cho - particularly liked when the kid sent the text to Rigsby, and also their final scene when he hugged Rigsby, that big smile from Cho was a 1st.

And Patrick was in fine form, looking like he was away with the fairies, but still with his brain in gear and getting it all sorted. My favourite scene has got to be the drums - a classic Patrick moment - and I loved the funny little run he did afterwards.

angel Date: Friday, 03-Jun-11, 3:57 AM | Message # 52
Cobber

One of faves now. You get jane doing a quick jig then he's on drums then he's playing bass. What a lovely ending. Such fun especialy when he started the rumour, playful indeed. But tim was outstanding. His interactions with kid was priceless. Scene in interrogation room when boy crying to get out so moved me. But the best was cho great big smile at end. Just wonderful. Loved this episode and yes good light lead in to finale.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 08-Jun-11, 1:43 PM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

3.23 Strawberries & Cream I

Very exciting episode fear brilliant cliff-hanger ending. Obviously I'd have preferred it if Five had shown the complete finale, but I can sort of understand why they split it where they did.

Loved that Patrick was concerned about Lisbon and went to check on her - for me, from there until the end was the best part of the episode, thought it was brilliantly done. My favourite moment has to be the angry princess comment laugh

angel Date: Wednesday, 08-Jun-11, 3:03 PM | Message # 54
Cobber

Yes a fabulous episode. At least they left of at a good moment ready for next week. The angry princess was so funny. Yes nice to see jane risking his life for lisbon. I was bit wary when laroche shot the villain. I know he got out of cuffs but too convenient and strange look on his face. I am now questioning again if he is a good guy. Loved jane questioning the bank guy and leaving him in the vault, so funny and making fun of his name. Can't wait for last part.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 08-Jun-11, 8:04 PM | Message # 55
Fair Dinkum

Oh yes Angie, I'd forgotten about Jane and the bank guy - that was hilarious. And yes, Laroche did behave rather suspiciously, but I had the feeling the audience was being set up to suspect him - I may just have thought that because I've decided I like him, for absolutely no logical reason, just because his little dog is so cute shy

angel Date: Friday, 10-Jun-11, 10:42 AM | Message # 56
Cobber

I do like laroche and i think he's been in more than 6 epis as they claimed he be in so i have a feeling he has to come back s4 and may even be a jane ally. Hope so as still so much to find out. But being a movie actor will he commit to the show. Well tonights the night and can't wait. Hope ch5 tell us when its returning. Enjoy the finale and hope it does real well.

Fran Date: Saturday, 11-Jun-11, 10:47 AM | Message # 57
Fair Dinkum

3.24 Strawberries & Cream II

I'm not capable of saying anything sensible yet, so for now this will have to do:

JudeBlue Date: Saturday, 11-Jun-11, 2:31 PM | Message # 58
Cobber

Never did like O'Laughlin.

biggrin

FallinFan Date: Saturday, 11-Jun-11, 4:39 PM | Message # 59
Blow-In

I loved it, or did I ..... ?

Yes, I think I did really enjoy the twists and turns of the finale, but that final twist left me questioning my own balance of light and darkness. Do morality and ethics really fly out of the window when our emotions bubble over. Simon did a wonderful portrayal of a man near the edge, driven by very personal needs, his conviction was convincing, so convincing that Bertram's words stopped me in my tracks and made me think for a moment. When the episode finished, I wasn't sure if I'd been drawn in by the very convincing feeling of justice for retribution that the writer made me feel in the last episode (particularly when RJ described the scent of Jane's wife and daughter before they died), or bit by bit, over the 3 seasons by a smooth talking, humorously engaging obsessional personality. Whatever the reason, I was there at the end, with the rest of the Mentalist following, heart in mouth, feeling that what he'd done was oh so right, but oh so wrong, wondering how on earth they plan to follow that ... Bravo Bruno and bravo cast, beautifully choreographed, roll on the autumn.

JudeBlue Date: Saturday, 11-Jun-11, 9:40 PM | Message # 60
Cobber

Van Pelt bothers me a bit.

Shouldn't she recognise the sound of a gun (when O'Laughlin shot the officers in the car)?

Shouldn't she have gone to help Lisbon rather than O'Laughlin?

Poor old Lisbon was rather abandoned.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 3 » Episode Discussion - Season 3 - UK pace
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz