Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 0:25 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
Evy Date: Sunday, 11-May-14, 6:03 PM | Message # 421
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for posting June.

The end of the last episode is even clearer than in the TVLine article wink

B. Heller and Simon quote :

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 11-May-14, 6:31 PM

Evy Date: Sunday, 11-May-14, 10:05 PM | Message # 422
Fair Dinkum

Another article on Zap2it

Simon Baker and Robin Tunney discuss Jane and Lisbon

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs....2014-05

'The Mentalist': Simon Baker and Robin Tunney discuss Jane and Lisbon

When "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller and stars Simon Baker and Robin Tunney spoke with Zap2it this week (May 9), one of the questions we had was about crafting a season finale that could also serve as a series ender. The show was one of only a handful of current series CBS hadn't renewed, and Heller had prepared accordingly.

"I'm not giving away any secrets when I say neither of them die," Heller tells says of Jane (Baker) and Lisbon (Tunney). "It's very much written and designed as a perfect season ender, a perfect series ender, but it also opens up a whole new chapter, a very different chapter that will be compelling TV."

That's a good thing, because on Saturday "The Mentalist" was renewed for a seventh season -- the only of CBS' bubble shows to make the cut for 2014-15.

"'The Mentalist' is a baby that I and Simon and Robin have been nurturing for many years," Heller says. "So if we get another season, we're sort of sending him to college. We're not going to send him to a c****y college and give him a c*** car and say goodbye. The last season of 'The Mentalist' will be the best season of 'The Mentalist.'"

Before the May 18 finale, though, there's the matter of Lisbon's potential move to Washington with fellow Agent Pike (guest star Pedro Pascal), which gets closer in Sunday's episode, "Black Hearts." Jane's and Lisbon's feelings for each other have long bubbled just under the surface, and Pike may force them to the surface -- if Jane can bring himself to let them.

"There are two relationships really. There's the relationship between the characters and there's the working relationship, which has always been in pretty good shape, and only ever really improved," Baker says. "[That has] kind of helped and informed in some ways the relationship between the characters. So the good thing is we get on really well as people -- we actually genuinely like each other, even though we've spent so much time with each other [laughs]. We're able to discuss a little bit more the nuances of what's going on between the two characters."

Tunney adds she's glad Pike is actually a good guy, which gives Lisbon a real choice.

"Sometimes ... it's like, OK, you don't want the character to end up with that guy because he's a Lothario or a liar," Tunney says. "Making [Pike] a genuinely nice, sensitive guy was great. Because it's not about that guy being bad for Lisbon, it's about Jane's feelings and their feelings toward each other. I think that's often what [shows] do -- you have your regulars, and you bring in this new person and he has to be a hideous human being in order to justify them not ending up together. I thought it was interesting they made him a nice guy."

As for whether Jane will be able to declare himself? Heller says it won't necessarily be easy.

"He'd gotten into a comfort zone, or a rut if you like, where the relationship with Lisbon was enough as it is," Heller says. "It was comforting and it was secure and it was there and it was safe, and he didn't have to reveal himself. What Pike did was force the issue. It's one thing to never declare your love, but for Jane to suddenly start visualizing a world in which she wasn't there under any circumstances really puts the world in perspective for him at that point. He realizes that he has to act, or not, as the case may be. But it certainly forces him to make that decision."

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 12-May-14, 12:40 PM | Message # 423
Bee's Knees

a good interview, thanks for posting

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 13-May-14, 2:32 PM | Message # 424
Dinkie-Di

Can you imagine if they shoot the S7 opener in Paris - either they have gone there on holiday and get caught up in an investigation - or maybe the FBI has some business there (more credible than CBI). It would be a real nod to the shows popularity in France...... My imagination is running wild now!!!

Evy Date: Tuesday, 13-May-14, 2:40 PM | Message # 425
Fair Dinkum

Quote Thrill ()
Can you imagine if they shoot the S7 opener in Paris - either they have gone there on holiday and get caught up in an investigation - or maybe the FBI has some business there (more credible than CBI). It would be a real nod to the shows popularity in France...... My imagination is running wild now!!!

If only........ biggrin I also dream !

Tina Date: Tuesday, 13-May-14, 4:36 PM | Message # 426
Fair Dinkum

I wanted to make a trip to Paris some time again anyway ...that would be really cool! But I guess that's too expensive ...

Raven Date: Friday, 16-May-14, 6:26 AM | Message # 427
Dinkie-Di

Haley Hudson to Appear in THE MENTALIST Finale

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv....NnaHiny

Evy Date: Sunday, 18-May-14, 11:14 PM | Message # 428
Fair Dinkum

article on Zap2it
The Mentalist' Season 6 finale: Does Jane make a play for Lisbon ?

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs....2014-05

We know "The Mentalist" has been renewed for another season, and we know both leads, Simon Baker and Robin Tunney, will be back as well.

So the only question hanging over Sunday's (May 18) season finale seems to be whether Jane (Baker) will try to prevent Lisbon (Tunney) from accepting Pike's (Pedro Pascal) proposal and moving to Washington. TV convention would suggest that's what will happen, but "The Mentalist" hasn't exactly followed the rulebook this season.

This was, after all, a show that went fully serialized for the first part of the season, then did a big reset after that. Will it push things a little more here by letting Lisbon go, at least temporarily?

Perhaps. "Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller says the comfort Jane feels around Lisbon could be a barrier to him expressing how he feels about her.

"Up to this point he's kind of had -- it's not like he's had his cake, he hasn't been able to eat the cake, but he's had the cake," Heller says. "Until somebody else tries to take the cake, you think, 'Well, one day I can eat that.'"

Oh, and one more thing we know about the finale: Jane ends up with a drink in his face at some point. That either bodes badly for the future or is part of whatever game he's running -- we'll find out when "The Mentalist" airs its Season 6 finale at 10 p.m. ET/PT Sunday on CBS.

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 18-May-14, 11:15 PM

Evy Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 9:07 AM | Message # 429
Fair Dinkum

TVLine
The Mentalist Finale Recap: The Plane Truth

http://tvline.com/2014....#

The Mentalist‘s Season 6 finale, star Robin Tunney had told TVLine, “is going to make a lot of people really happy, and I think it’s going to make some people angry…. I don’t think anyone will feel in the middle of the road about it.”

So now that you have laid witness to it, where do you fall?

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

The hour opened with Jane very much in denial about Lisbon having filed her transfer papers to move to D.C., as reported by Cho. Still, Jane lost some spring in his step upon hearing that news — but not so much that he couldn’t quickly solve a case involving some kids and an ill-fated card sharp.

The episode then headed in a new direction when a random cold case churned up a fresh clue — a letter seemingly written by the killer, taunting the Feds. That sends Jane and Lisbon to Miami, where the latter eventually cracks a code at the bottom of the missive, pointing them to a cozy island lodge. Upon checking in, Lisbon finds waiting in her room dresses to wear, for which she promptly thanks Jane, who shrugs, “It’s our last case,” so it should be extra “nice.”

But then, en route to dinner (while looking quite dynamite), Lisbon discovers that Jane booked their rooms before the mysterious letter ever surfaced — meaning (as probably 85 percent of us had already decided/assumed), Jane wrote it, not the killer.

RELATED | CBS Fall Schedule Revealed: The Mentalist On Hold for Midseason

After dousing Jane with a glass of water and a bit later reading him the riot act, Lisbon makes tracks for the airport. Jane — after smoking out the cold case’s killer, and getting a nudge from a lovelorn “acted too late on his feelings” lawyer who had shown up to exact revenge on same — Jane gives chase, even clambering over a security fence to access the airport tarmac and board Lisbon’s jet. There, at Teresa’s side, he states his case:

“I trick people to avoid the truth…. Letting people get close to me is terrifying, for obvious reasons…. I can’t imagine waking up knowing that I won’t see you,” he begins. “The truth is that I love you. It scares me, but it is the truth.”

Lisbon, though affected by the declaration, claims his words have come “too late,” and Jane is hauled off the plane to be detained by the TSA.

But when morning comes, Jane gets a visit in the detention room — from Lisbon, who jokes about the latest “fine pickle” he has gotten himself into (complete with a sprained ankle). Getting down to business, she asks: “Did you mean what you said?”

“Yes, I did.”
“Good…. Because I feel the same way.”
“Well,” he smiles, “that’s lucky.”
Still, Teresa needs to hear those three words again, fresh, and not with TSA agents closing in. And Patrick responds by leaning across the table and delivering a kiss.
What will Kimball “I just don’t see it, they’re like brother and sister” Cho think about this twist?!

Again I ask: Which Mentalist reaction camp do you fall into?

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 19-May-14, 9:07 AM

Juney Date: Monday, 19-May-14, 4:32 PM | Message # 430
Bee's Knees

Quote Evy ()
Which Mentalist reaction camp do you fall into?

I'm a non-shipper. Enough said. cry

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz