Monday, 29-Apr-24, 11:23 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
Evy Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 6:09 PM | Message # 376
Fair Dinkum

Good look Raven ! up You're right. I checked the two videos again and the shirt is different (the button is different)

Message edited by Evy - Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 6:09 PM

Raven Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 6:17 PM | Message # 377
Dinkie-Di

My guess is that wasn't the first date but I could be wrong. She could have changed therefore being late. What I know is I'm scared to watch the episode. sad

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 6:33 PM | Message # 378
Fair Dinkum

Depends if there is time continuity between the 2 episodes. If it's the case, she went back home to change clothes. So she is late.
I think Jane's attitude could be enough to irritate her. From the start, he's not saying hello, he's pointing at his watch (how many times she has waited for him on crime scenes in the past ??), then the questions… Her posture screams "mind your own business".

Or we are extrapolating. Her car is really broken happy

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 6:34 PM

Fran Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 8:40 PM | Message # 379
Fair Dinkum

Quote DS_Pallas ()
I don't think Jane wants Lisbon to be his wife neither
I don’t think it’s so much that Jane doesn’t want Lisbon to be his wife, I think it’s more that he’s never thought of her in that way before.

Quote DS_Pallas ()
But I find it hard to buy the "Jane is wondering what he’s feeling, because he’s been the most important man in Lisbon’s life — and suddenly he might not be.” He knew that he might not be the only one. He told her she derserved to be happy, to find love, in a previous season. He even (not very subtly) pushed her in the arms of Mashburn. I think we were giving some clues here. And now he's wondering…
I think you’re interpreting "wondering what he’s feeling" very literally, my interpretation is that it’s just another way of saying that Jane is experiencing emotional turmoil. I also think there’s a big difference between Lisbon having casual relationships (as with Mashburn) and her possibly finding a life partner.

Quote DS_Pallas ()
they are using poor Pike in the scenery to justify Jane's "surprise"
Of course, it’s a dramatic device that’s often used and is effective because its true to life. As Mossibecca said "sometimes you just don't realise what you want until it is taken away from you". But then I’m a firm believer that if you want to know how you truly feel about someone, don’t ask yourself how you feel when you see them, ask yourself how you’d feel if you never saw them again.

Quote DS_Pallas ()
I would have prefer to read a more convincing explanation, like "he's been challenged for pace by Lisbon's suitor", suddenly finding that he has been a bit too subtle in his way of showing her his feelings.
Personally I wouldn’t be happy with that scenario, because it would mean that Jane has had those feelings for Lisbon for some time, been aware of them but decided not to act on them. I prefer the scenario that Jane has been suppressing those feelings because of his wife.

Wand612 Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 9:15 PM | Message # 380
Jillaroo

I love your calm, cool, logical answers, Fran. I agree with you logically, of course, but emotionally, I will likely be worried until the very last episode.

marta75 Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 9:58 PM | Message # 381
Rip Snorter

I have the feeling that I will love this episode smile

marta75 Date: Thursday, 10-Apr-14, 10:03 PM | Message # 382
Rip Snorter

Quote Fran ()
if you want to know how you truly feel about someone, don’t ask yourself how you feel when you see them, ask yourself how you’d feel if you never saw them again.
That's so true Fran !

PJaneloke Date: Friday, 11-Apr-14, 2:28 AM | Message # 383
Surfie

I think Jane looked irritated and jealous and Lisbon actually look guilty! Can't wait for the episode!

Fran Date: Friday, 11-Apr-14, 12:21 PM | Message # 384
Fair Dinkum

Quote PJaneloke ()
I think Jane looked irritated and jealous and Lisbon actually look guilty!

Yeah, that's how I read it, well - guilty or embarrassed I'm not sure which.

bee Date: Friday, 11-Apr-14, 12:47 PM | Message # 385
Fair Dinkum

I think she looks both guilty and embarrassed perhaps because she's actually trying to instigate some sort of reaction or confrontation with Jane because she's upset and annoyed with him for constantly giving her mixed signals. They don't seem to be able to talk about their feelings for each other so maybe by accepting Pike's offer she's "putting the ball in Jane's court" and saying you have to make a decision one way or another I can't wait forever. It's so sad though that after 12 years they're still unable to communicate with words, especially as that is one of Jane's greatest qualities and he didn't seem to have a problem when writing her those letters (although we don't really know what he actually said in all of them). sad

Message edited by bee - Friday, 11-Apr-14, 12:49 PM

Fran Date: Friday, 11-Apr-14, 1:24 PM | Message # 386
Fair Dinkum

I don't think there's much doubt about what Patrick is feeling here - this is why I think Simon is such an extraordinary actor, so subtle, but his expression speaks volumes:

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 11-Apr-14, 1:38 PM | Message # 387
Fair Dinkum

Quote Fran ()
this is why I think Simon is such an extraordinary actor, so subtle, but his expression speaks volumes:

My oh my, yes. The way he looks at her askance, and when she's near he tries to read her, with a mix of curiosity and hurt in the eyes, it's so… It's very very good acting.

In the sneak peak I can't sense Lisbon feeling guilty. She seems nervous, a little irritated like if she was expecting for Jane to be nosy, and on the defensive, like if she's challenging Jane to dare to comment on her private life (she knows him well). But feeling guilty, not really.

sylvia5993 Date: Friday, 11-Apr-14, 5:09 PM | Message # 388
Bee's Knees

I agree with DS, she seems irritated at his unspoken look, I think, he is afraid to really show his feelings, so he says "nothing" when we clearly see that he is also irritated.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 11:10 PM | Message # 389
Fair Dinkum

TVLine Michael Ausiello

http://tvline.com/2014/04/15/reign-season-2-spoilers-mary-francis/#

Question: Will The Mentalist‘s Jane and Lisbon ever talk about how they felt during the two years they were separated? —Elaine
Ausiello: “I mean, there might be a line [somewhere later this season], but it’s not a major topic of conversation,” EP Tom Szentgyorgyi answers. “That’s not to say it’s not something we wouldn’t return to next year, if we have one.”

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Apr-14, 11:46 PM | Message # 390
Fair Dinkum

Quote Evy ()
“That’s not to say it’s not something we wouldn’t return to next year, if we have one.”

THAT was mean Mr Szentgyorgyi cry

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz