Monday, 20-May-24, 4:44 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
258pce Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 7:52 AM | Message # 106
Cobber

Bruno kicks off the CBS Insider Blog:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001298/

not much new here, but it's always interesting to see how he manages to phrase things.

Insider's Blog: The Desert Rose, Posted on Sep 26, 2013 03:30pm
Season 6 Episode 1: "The Desert Rose"

Let me start by saying thank you to all of our fans who are a large part of why we’ve made it to Season 6. And this season will definitely be the most exciting thus far for you, as we wrap up the Red John storyline. You’ll definitely want to tune in because we’re bringing out all the bells and whistles for the final hunt of Red John.

This first episode of this season was exciting to write and shoot mainly because we were able to move the story along in a concrete way. This episode is also the beginning of the end of the Red John story, which will play out in a series of fast-paced, nail-biting episodes. The end of the Red John story made writing and shooting this episode that much more exhilarating because we are able to connect each episode as if it were a giant jigsaw puzzle. Every episode from here on is particularly important to piecing this puzzle together – so you won’t want to miss any of them. Episodes this season are built on each other, each with an exciting cliffhanger. Stories are moving at a faster pace as the search for Red John heats up. Normally the timeline between episodes can be several weeks to months, but in these early episodes, the timeline is cut down to only a couple weeks. Drama and emotions will be running at a fever pitch.

For the season premiere, we took a field trip to The Salton Sea, a remote lake surrounded by desert in California, to shoot the out of town case. The Salton Sea, for those who’ve never been, is brutally hot with flies everywhere… far away from the glam and glitz in Hollywood. You can usually find us shooting in the pristine environment of the Warner Brothers lot, here in beautiful downtown Burbank. Needless to say, this was a very exhausting shooting day for the entire cast and crew. But, as you’ll see, the finished product was well worth the sweat and tears!

Each cast member is especially enthusiastic for this season, and all have challenging and interesting scenes and stories to develop. From the episodes we’ve shot so far, I can tell you this, all the actors are giving some of their best performances of the series to date.

Written By: Bruno Heller

Tina Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 9:10 AM | Message # 107
Fair Dinkum

Oh my. This season really must be the best we've ever seen. So good that the day is near that we finally can see it! I know that this season I will always sit on my couch with a fast beating heart and a shiver inside me when I start watching the new episodes!

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 12:24 PM | Message # 108
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Peithon)
For those who want Jane and Lisbon together, Simon's take. Sheesh after hearing Simon talk how can you not want to sleep with the guy? tongue

So, do we finally get some "Jisbon"? Seems so.

Are we finally getting the good stuff on The Mentalist this season? And by “good stuff,” I totally mean the Jane/Lisbon relationship. –Katherine
I answered a similar Q last week, but have since come upon this bit of Simon Baker gold that’s too good not to share.
As he puts it, “Like any relationship that’s put into a pressure situation, the relationship tends to suffer a little duress… and there’s always the question of what’s there when they climb off the trapeze, off the high wire, when they’re on solid terra firma and there is no dust to settle or anything, no obstacle or hurdle…. Do they look at each other and go ‘Jesus, you’re annoying’ or do they look at each other and go, ‘Let’s lay down and make love’?” (Ed. Note: For the record, some are known to do it standing up.)

If it happens, I just hope the whole romantic thing will be original, delightful and interesting (or even hot!) to witness. I'd prefer a complicated, shambolic but passionate relationship. Heller can't ruin it, for if he mess with the Lisbon/Jane link, he will disappoint a lot of viewers. I've seen Castle and the "Caskett" thing eventually happening. They try to keep it on the funny and cute side, but I'm not totally convinced.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Friday, 27-Sep-13, 12:55 PM

Fran Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 2:04 PM | Message # 109
Fair Dinkum

From ETOnline, video onset interviews with main cast: http://www.etonline.com/tv....ex.html

Wedding Bells Ring In Season 6 of 'The Mentalist'
By ZACH SEEMAYER September 27, 2013

Wedding bells are chiming on this hit CBS procedural crime drama The Mentalist as officers Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti) and Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) tie the knot.

Their wedding will start off the show's sixth season, along with a renewed hunt for the show's long-time arch-nemesis Red John.

Van Pelt and Rigsby's relationship, during the course of their jobs hunting down vicious murders and psychopathic lunatics, has been an on-again off-again affair. Both have been unlucky in love, although Van Pelt almost marrying a serial killer probably makes her more-so. But now, after years, the two are tying the knot.

But what will their new marriage mean for the show?

Simon Baker, who plays the titular mentalist Patrick Jane, wouldn't say for sure, but he had some ideas of potential story lines.

"It means, obviously there's a husband and wife, so potentially there is room for husband and wife kind of issues while driving around fighting crime," Baker said.

The Mentalist's Robin Tunney, who plays lead detective Teresa Lisbon, thinks the idea of a married crime-fighting couple will be exciting for the show.

"I think there's sort of a domesticity that’s going to be injected," Tunney said, smiling. "They can argue over the toilet seat, things like that, as they are investigating homicide. Which I think is sort of fun. I think it adds a different element. I'm not sure there has ever been a married couple in a crime-fighting show, fighting crime.

Check out the video to hear more from Righetti and Yeoman about their character's new union, and for some inside secrets about what to expect from season 6.

Alternative video links:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2013....er.html & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymW1_gbM40

Hayseed Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 2:15 PM | Message # 110
Bee's Knees

I'm confused as to how they'd pull that off Isn't that against the rules - married couples working together?

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 2:47 PM | Message # 111
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Hayseed)
Check out the video to hear more from Righetti and Yeoman about their character's new union, and for some inside secrets about what to expect from season 6.

Can't see the video, it doesn't appear on the page. I have the last version of Firefox, so I don't understand why. Anybody has the same problem?

Evy Date: Friday, 27-Sep-13, 5:32 PM | Message # 112
Fair Dinkum

I could watch the video !! The link works . Thanks Fran !!

On 4:19 of video only 29 seconds of Simon cry
He seems embarrassed to talk about it and he used the term "to procreate" it is not a romantic word !...........

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Saturday, 28-Sep-13, 8:04 AM | Message # 113
True Blue

Quote (DS_Pallas)
Can't see the video, it doesn't appear on the page. I have the last version of Firefox, so I don't understand why. Anybody has the same problem?

Yep, same with me...

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 28-Sep-13, 11:49 AM | Message # 114
Fair Dinkum

Quote (beautyfulbabyboy)
Quote (DS_Pallas)

Yep, same with me...

I opened the link with Safari instead and it worked…

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Sep-13, 12:04 PM | Message # 115
Fair Dinkum

For those having difficulty seeing video "Wedding Bells Ring In Season 6 of The Mentalist", I've updated the post with alternative video links.

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Sep-13, 12:16 PM | Message # 116
Fair Dinkum

Already posted on Home Page, included here for ease of future reference

The Mentalist - Season 6 - Red John: The Final Chapter (2:12)
Includes Sneak Peek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9lJm1yk_s
or
http://cms.springboard.gorillanation.com/preview....1

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Sep-13, 12:19 PM | Message # 117
Fair Dinkum

Already posted on Home Page, text included here for ease of future reference

Bruno discusses the seven suspects one by one.
http://www.tvguide.com/news....01.aspx

It's the beginning of the end for the Red John story line on CBS' The Mentalist. Creator Bruno Heller has promised that the case which has plagued Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) since Season 1 will be solved this year. And based on the Season 6 premiere, Heller and Co. aren't wasting any time in getting to the conclusion.

The kickoff episode (Sunday, 10/9c, CBS) picks up immediately after the conclusion of Season 5, with Jane and Lisbon (Robin Tunney) in possession of seven names — one of whom will be exposed as Red John midway through the season. By the end of the premiere, one suspect will be out of the running, one will (arguably) have emerged as the frontrunner, and Lisbon and Jane find themselves closer to Red John than they've ever been before. And in this case, that might not be a good thing.

"We've never really started a season with this kind of situation in which our guys are very, very close to the bad guy, but the bad guy knows exactly as much as they do," Heller tells TVGuide.com. "It's an interesting chess position that they're both in as we start. ... In this first episode, Lisbon is dealing with the fact that Jane for the first time doesn't seem to know what to do next. And that scares the hell out of her."

We asked Heller to make a case for each of the seven suspects. "All of those guys have reasons to hide aspects of their personality," he says. "It's just a question of whether they're hiding for ordinary prosaic reasons or for sinister, evil reasons."

Read Heller's assessment of each and then tell us which one you think is Red John:

Brett Stiles (Malcolm McDowell): "He's certainly a frontrunner, partly because it's Malcolm McDowell," Heller quips of the recurring guest star, who plays the leader of the Visualize cult. (Not to mention his history of insanity.) "He has the money, he has the resources, and he certainly has the kind of single-minded temperament and lust for power that you would expect to have from someone like Red John," Heller notes.

Gale Bertram (Michael Gaston): As the CBI director, Bertram is certainly in an ideal position to carry out the Red John killings. "[Being] well-placed inside a law enforcement organization, gives him a lot of power," Heller says. "He has admitted that he is a duplicitous and a manipulative person already. We know he can play two sides of the same issue very well. He's certainly got the intellect for it. Whether he has the depth of evil required of this guy, that remains to be seen." Will Jane and Lisbon be able to keep their suspicions about their boss secret this season?

Bob Kirkland (Kevin Corrigan): The Homeland Security agent is "a dark horse," according to Heller. "If you were a betting man, he'd be an outside shot I think, but a good dark horse. He is probably the most mysterious of the candidates, and that makes him suspicious. His behavior sometimes, even what we've seen of his behavior, is inexplicable and even murderous. So, if he ain't Red John, he's certainly one weird cat."

Ray Haffner (Reed Diamond): Heller characterizes former CBI supervisor and cult member Ray Haffner as "the sort of Richard Gere-as-villain type. Smiling, charming. Maybe seems a little too shallow to be a serial killer, or too light. ... With Haffner, he always seems smiling and cheery but there always seems to be a dark cloud behind that smile. That, more than anything, would be what made me suspicious of him."

Reede Smith (Drew Powell): Reed certainly has a temper, but does that make him a killer? "He doesn't even try to hide his anger. He's clearly a man with issues," Heller admits. "The question is, Red John is obviously a very, very intelligent person. What would be a better place to hide your real sort of psychopathic anger than behind a mask of anger? Probably most people are expecting Red John to be a calm, cool, collected type of person. If you were Red John and you wanted to disguise yourself, then you would certainly disguise yourself as the kind of red-faced, angry kind of guy that he can be."

Thomas McAllister (Xander Berkeley): "Again, he's well-placed as a law enforcement official," Heller says of Sheriff McAllister. "He, like Kirkland, has a lot of mystery in his past that makes it difficult to judge. He's a dark horse candidate. He's not a Top 3. He hasn't displayed any signs of madness or anger or homicidal tendencies. So, there's no handle on which Jane can put his suspicions — which in itself is suspicious."

Brett Partridge (Jack Plotnick): "You've always got to be suspicious of the nerds," Heller cautions. "He's both a slightly embittered soul and a very intelligent person. Someone who feels they've been underestimated, underrated and mistreated by the world. Demographically, he's right there where a profiler would say, 'Yeah.'" As far as his career choice as a forensic investigator, "That's exactly the kind of job that a serial killer would want to take up. That's exactly the interests that a serial killer would have. [But] he always appears slightly weedy. Is he concealing strength or is he really that flaccid a person? It's hard to tell."

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Sep-13, 12:23 PM | Message # 118
Fair Dinkum

Already posted on Home Page, text included here for ease of future reference

Burning Questions Answered for Season 6 of ‘The Mentalist’
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs....ntalist

When “The Mentalist” returns on Sunday night, we pick up with Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) attempting to figure out what the next step is now that he has a list of seven Red John suspects — Bret Stiles, Gale Bertram, Ray Haffner, Reede Smith, Robert Kirkland, Sheriff Thomas McCallister and Brett Partridge — one of who is definitely the much-despised serial killer.

The catch is that Red John knows that Jane has the list, so as Jane and Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) continue the dangerous winnowing out process, the jeopardy increases — and an action on the part of Lisbon paints a target on her back.

“If you are following the hunt for Red John, then you have to watch every episode in the first run,” says executive producer/showrunner Bruno Heller. “Not that you can’t miss one and still understand it, but every episode is stepping forward. Clues are revealed. Revelations are made. Big ones!”

These episodes will show just how far Jane is willing to go to capture — and possibly kill — Red John, while Lisbon is trying to get him to do things by the book.

xfinityTV was invited to the set of “The Mentalist” for an intimate discussion about the sixth season. Here are answers to burning questions provided by Baker, Heller and Tunney:

Word is that we are going to learn Red John’s identity in November, what happens then?
“This is a man on a search for many, many years,” says Heller. “Once you get what your heart has desired for all that time, how does it change you? How do you find a new life? All of these years, Jane has probably been thinking in the back of his head, ‘When this is done, I am going to do X.’ But life throws you curve balls, and what you think you want to do when life changes is not necessarily what you find yourself wanting to do when that happens.”

If and when Red John is captured and/or killed, what will Jane and Lisbon’s relationship be like afterward?
“Their relationship was one born in crisis,” Heller says. “That means it is hard for either of them to imagine what their relationship could and would be after the event — in the calm after the storm. I think both of them are going to start thinking of the other one in ways that they never have before. What do they mean to each other personally, as opposed to they have always had this mission and now the mission is gone? So after that, they have the luxury of thinking of each other as people, as a man and a woman. I don’t want to use the word love, because that implies romance, but there is a lot of love between them. Now they have to find out what kind of love that is.”

So, we’ve seen a wedding photo for Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) and Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti). Will the wedding actually take place?
“It goes off without a hitch,” Heller says. “That part of the episode is simply a joyous culmination of a romance that needed to be consummated. It is not a whole wedding episode. There is a murder involved. As far as that story goes, it’s a nice romantic end — not to the story — it is for the fans of those two who want to see them get married.”

Is that why it is rumored they are leaving the series?
“What I can say about that is this season there are major changes happening in the CBI [California Bureau of Investigation], and in the personal lives of the whole team, because the hunt for Red John is reaching its climax,” Heller says. “The stakes change, life circumstances change. Analogous to the relationship between Lisbon and Jane, the CBI is thrown into turmoil and it throws all those individuals into turmoil, so Rigsby, Van Pelt and Cho [Tim Kang] are forced to find new ways to be in the world.”

What can you reveal about the new characters: Emily Swallow as Kim Fischer and Rockmond Dunbar as FBI Supervisory Agent Dennis Abbott?
“I will say that Dunbar and Swallow come in and — what are all those metaphors — put the cat among the pigeons, make them an offer they can’t refuse, put their backs against the wall,” Heller tells xfinityTV. “They are going to be a very important catalyst for the change that is coming.”

While Tunney adds, “I think in a way it is super brave for a show like this because often the people who watch it, watch because the characters never change. They know what their TV dinner is going to taste like, they know they are going to get a crime and it is going to be solved in 44 minutes. Our show has been on for a while and, I think, most people are comfortable with that. We want to mix it up and make a different kind of show. We have all been here for six years, and it is this thing of pushing it forward and it not being the same thing.”

Once the Red John story is over, will there be a new big arc?
“Yes, there will be,” says Heller. “The new arc will be personal. Red John is personal but he is a personality that can’t be touched because you are looking for him. Jane has been cramped in the way that he is obsessed with someone that he can’t engage with. So when we move forward, the personal struggles in the show will be tense and more immediate, because it is not going to be about a mysterious serial killer that you can’t get a hold of.”

Will there be a new tone to the show?
“Outside of the characters, what we will be doing with the show is amping up the intensity, the scope and the scale, and giving the audience the same pleasures and fun and mystery that the show is built on, but adding new flavors and new looks essentially,” Heller says.

Baker adds, “The entertaining edge to the show that is playful, I don’t think we will lose that tone. I think the tone of the show will be the same. What we have done quite successfully is developed tics and beats and relationship stuff. That is just through time and the audience has been committed to that. We feel confident that what we will do is bring those tics and beats back, get rid of some, and develop some new stuff with the existing characters. We are not throwing the show out, we are opening a new area for it to go in.”

What was your reaction when you found out who Red John is?
“It is hard for me to answer that because I have been thinking about that for at least a year,” Baker tells xfinityTV. “When someone sets a goal, and that goal becomes their purpose, and it is the spine of their life that drives them, and suddenly they obtain that goal, I am obsessed with the idea of then what happens to that person if that is what drives you. I haven’t been focused on who it is necessarily. I do think about who is Red John, and, for me, Red John is the beast inside Patrick Jane’s psyche.”

Where does Jane actually live? He has the house he doesn’t go to, he sleeps a lot on the couch, but where does he shower?
“I was in a hotel room once,” Baker says. “Actually, that was written as a house and I went, ‘No.’ He is transient. That is the whole thing from when his wife and child were killed, The life that he had was finished and his life became a totally different thing.”

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Sep-13, 12:25 PM | Message # 119
Fair Dinkum

Tim Kang interview about Season 6
http://iamkoream.com/septemb....ntalist

September Issue: Tim Kang Talks About New Season of ‘The Mentalist’
At first Special Agent Kimball Cho may seem like your run-of-the-mill, straight-laced law enforcement officer, but the last five seasons have revealed a layered backstory to the man behind the poker face.

Acting as the foil to the show’s glib protagonist, Patrick Jane (Simon Baker), Cho, played by Tim Kang, lived on the opposite side of the law during his adolescent years before deserting his gang and enlisting in the U.S. Army. This former Special Forces officer may initially come off as dispassionate, but any threat to those close to him could prove potentially fatal.

Kang shared with KoreAm what’s in store for Agent Cho when The Mentalist returns Sept. 29 for a sixth season.

How has your character evolved over the years?
In the beginning, Kimball Cho was still figuring out his role in the team. As the series has progressed, his confidence in the team and in himself has crystallized. He has become a leader, and he is comfortable in that role.

Fans who got into the Cho and Summer relationship were disappointed when she ended up marrying another man. Can we expect any new romances for Cho in the upcoming season?
That’s up to the “powers-that-be.” Of course, I would love to see that happen, whether it’s a return of Summer or a new character. I think that, ultimately, it would be good for the show.

How do you feel about series regulars Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti leaving the show, and how do you think the show will be different in their absence?
There will be a huge void with their departure. We have crafted a certain way of doing things these past five years. My only regret would be that we never really had an opportunity to experience the true friendship that is at the heart of Cho and Rigsby’s relationship. But you never know, this season, we may see just that.

How do you feel about having an Asian American character on a series represented like this for many years?
Cho is a strong and dynamic Asian American character, and it has been a rare thing these days to have a character like this on air. There is always some caveat to an Asian American character in TV and film lately. Kimball Cho operates with no apologies, and I am thankful for the opportunity to play this part. There will be more to follow.

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Sep-13, 12:29 PM | Message # 120
Fair Dinkum

'NCIS,' 'The Mentalist,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'Castle': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013....-castle

‘THE MENTALIST’: HOW WILL JANE AND LISBON’S RELATIONSHIP CHANGE AFTER RED JOHN IS CAUGHT?
We have several episodes to go before Red John is caught. (But having seen Sunday’s season premiere, I can tell you they waste NO time narrowing down the suspects.) That said, we know an end is coming, which begs the question: What comes next for The Mentalist — and The Mentalist?

If we’re talking about the show itself, there’s an answer. But exec producer Bruno Heller wouldn’t utter a word about it when I sat down with him last week with some other reporter. (“I can’t say more than that because arcs by their nature, as soon as you shoot an arrow in the air, it lands somewhere. And I don’t want to shoot that arrow quite yet,” he says.) He merely confirmed that another big arc will make itself clear and it would have a personal connection to our characters. But while he was mum on that front, he, Simon Baker, and Robin Tunney were very forthcoming about how Jane and Lisbon would change post-Red John, saying after the storm, there will be much for both characters to deal with emotionally.

“I think they’re both going to start thinking in ways that they never have before about the other person,” Heller says. “They’ve always had this mission but now the mission is gone. After that, they have the luxury of thinking of each other as individuals — a man and a woman. That’s going to be explored in-depth.”

Baker, meanwhile, says he doesn’t see the post-RJ world as a shift in dynamic for the pair so much as an opportunity to explore interesting questions. “Do they look at each other and go, ‘Jesus you’re annoying’ or do they look at each other and go ‘Let’s lay down and make love,” he says. “It’s an interesting road to go down,” agrees Tunney.

But is it safe to say that Jane and Lisbon will at least admit their love for each other? Well, Heller hesitates to use the word love in a romantic sense, but, he says, “I think there’s a great deal of love between them and they now have to find out what kind of love that is and what does it mean.”

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz